L-3 Communications Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
148 interviews

2.7

Talented Employee Interview

Upper management was more concerned about their bonuses then their employees. Employees were laid-off if you had more than 10 years of seniority and based on their race and sex. Some employees with over 25 years of service were laid-off prior to the age of 55 so the company would pay little or no retirement including health benefits. Upper management was more concerned with hopping in the sack to climb the corporate ladder then evaluating their employees. You would have a better chance working for Donald Trump.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Panel Discussion
    Describe past projects in great detail.
    Describe situations you've encountered that made you struggle. How did you go about solving these?

Quality Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Senior Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Contacted via phone to setup interview. Was flexible in terms of a date and time. All paperwork were ready prior to interview. Day of interview, agenda was well planned. Interviewers greeted you in a friendly and timely manner.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult decision you had to make and what made it so challenging?   Answer Question

Structural Engineer I Interview

Was interviewed by one branch for a thermal/heat transfer analysis job first by phone. Interviewer liked me but said I would be much stronger as a structural analysis engineer according to the interview and my background. He said that he would contact some people and get me another interview for a structural position. Two days later I get a call for an on site interview at a sister location about 2 hours away. The interview process consisted of 5 individual interviews with 5 different engineers including the manager. They took me around to see some of the planes and hangars as well as the offices of these engineers. I think the whole interview was mainly technical. Just a bunch of simple static analysis questions and "what would you do if you had this load here and here" questions.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest one was when one engineer gave me a problem on a white board and asked for shear and moment diagrams, stress, and mohr's circle.   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

The administrative staff was very kind and generous while maintaining professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Contract are always the most obscured due to renewing your contract. Budget affects everything.   Answer Question
    It was more than what I expected.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crestview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2009.

It was terrible trying to speak to the one and only office manager that was able to put you in contact with a hanger supervisor to follow up on sending in resume and application for position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no hard questions all questions that were asked we based on job duties and the duties were second nature to me, so it was straight forward and direct.   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2010.

Brief and very vague questions regarding position. Interviewers not quite sure what the requirements are needed.

Interview Questions
    Consider additional time off, vacations, personal days etc.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

My interview was short and straight to the point. It only lasted about 30-45 minutes. It was very heavy with tech questions as well as personal experience with examples.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate with me. I told them what I wanted and they countered with what they were going to give me. It was a take it or leave situation.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!