L-3 Communications

Updated Nov 15, 2014
Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.7

Sams E Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

I was leaving the army, and went to talk to the hiring official about a position, I showed my resume, and answer a couple of Sams e questions, I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • How do you open and close faults in the Sams E system.can you modify the document control register.   Answer Question
    I had to negotiate the distance to work and got a shuttle everyday to work.

Senior Subcontracts Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2014.

I was first contacted with a phone call by a Human Resources rep to inquire about my salary requirements for the position. It was rescheduled several times, but a phone interview with the hiring manager within the department eventually followed .

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience... What kinds of things would you include in the subcontract file?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2014.

1st interview was on campus. Called a month later for an on site interview. They provided flight, hotel, steak dinner, breakfast, and lunch. On site they had a tour, some presentations from different divisions, and 3 interviews. The on site interviewers asked questions about my resume and transcript and talked about what they do in their division. No "tell me about a time when" questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • In first interview I was asked to conceptually solve a solid mechanics problem.   Answer Question

Network Security Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2014.

First phone interview was a group interview with 3 different people.The interview really didn't have any questions, it was mainly them explaining the job. Then I was scheduled a video interview at their location closest to me. During that interview it was with the same people and again just explained the job. The whole interview there was barely any questions it was them just explaining the job. I have a feeling I was just one of the candidates HR required them to interview, and they had a candidate in mind already.

Sustainment Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Spoke with them at a Career Fair at my school. Applied for interview through school's job board website. Within 2 weeks of the application period being closed I received an e-mail saying I had been selected for an interview on campus. Went to interview and then 2 weeks later was called and e-mailed saying they wanted to bring me down to Gainesville for an on-site interview.

The company places you in a hotel nearby and requires that you be at the site around 8:00 in the morning. You first speak with someone from HR discussing all of the benefits the company would offer and then they take you to who would be your boss if you started working there. You speak with that person and several other positions throughout the day. Each person walks you through what they do for the company. They each have a copy of your resume and ask you questions about classes and experience that you may have. Interviews are relatively informal but still very professional and can take anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes and you may be speaking with 1 or 2 people at a time.

You spend practically the entire work day there speaking with and walking around the hangars and offices and even eat lunch with a member of the team you would be working with. At the end of the day, you speak with HR again regarding how the day went and wanting to know if you have any other offers or competition. They take about 1-2 weeks after you interview to respond with an offer or rejection e-mail. The e-mail was sort of disappointing because the one I received was a template of a rejection letter and very impersonal.

Later, you receive a check in the mail as compensation for your travels.

Interview Questions
    • I received one technical question and it was only because of an experience the employee had had there when they started. Most of the questions were very open ended and mainly focused on asking about experience or previous projects you had worked on as well as a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Applied online with resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview with one supervisor, then an in person interview with two supervisors. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. The process took about 4 weeks from start to finish and was smooth. Negotiations with HR took place over the phone and online.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider a weakness and what are you doing to improve in this regard?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Was a very long process. Took over a month before I was contacted. The first phone call was very general, just double checking some of the information on my resume and a few questions about my previous experience. It then took another two weeks before they had a time to interview me. Interview was in front of 3 people and fairly basic. It really was more of a conversation. I felt very good about the interview, but wasn't given an offer.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

I applied for positions online and also spoke with several recruiters at a college career fair. A recruiter emailed me with an opportunity and asked if I was interested. I was invited for an interview the following week. For the interview I was asked to prepare a 20-30 minute presentation on a technical subject of my choice.

The interview consisted of a series of meetings with different members of the group in which I would be working. Many questions were technical.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: In my last meeting with the group manger, he asked, "What was the hardest question you've been asked [in the interviews today]?"   View Answer

IT Help Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2014.

Applied for on-line job posting, was contacted by L-3 HR rep, next contact was by phone with an IT screener, then a week or so later an interview was arranged at the job site. A panel interview about 1.5 hours, was a neutral to positive experience, very good conversation occurred.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you used information only you had access to, to form a consensus and lead an effort for change using that information. (Or something like that)   Answer Question
    No, though a negotiation was attempted, L-3 would not compromise.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2010.

the process was quite straight forward. A phone call from company's personnel and set up an interview date. my interview was very easy and amicable. no hard question exception work related. no Google type interview questions.