L-3 Communications

143 candidate interviews

QA Technician Interview

QA Technician
Williamsport, PA

I applied through other source - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

Interview Details – Originally hired by a small company in California which L-3 shutdown because the other two larger companies in the division were not profitable, but I was offered a position in Pennsylvania.

Negotiation Details – Salary and job description which was easy.

A&P Mechanic Interview

A&P Mechanic
Killeen, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2012.

Interview Details – mostly a phone interview, no big deal. Easy and straight forward and very informal. No tricks or trick questions, just a regular interview and nothing more. Just be sure to be honest and know what you are talking about

Negotiation Details – easy

SAP Junior Analyst Interview

SAP Junior Analyst
Rockwall, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2014.

Interview Details – the hiring manager and HR recruiter came to our university ( the university of texas at dallas) to present their company in one of the informational session that SAP GUI Group arranges. i met with them and handed them my resume. a few weeks later i received a call from the recruiter for an interview. the first interview was 4-5 hours where i was interviewed by 8 individuals. 2 weeks later they asked to come again for second interview and was for 2 hours and met 3 individuals. by the end of the week, i got a call from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Question – they go over your resume and they ask question about your skills, what was your role in previous job, challenging situations you faced and how you handled them, your weaknesses, why L3 communication, questions related to the position applied for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – before having the interview, the recruiter asked me if 50k-60k annually is fine. and at the time i haven't done my research for the salary range so i said its fine. after the interview process i got a called on friday 6/6/2014 informing me that they offer me the job for 50k. i told the recruiter that based on my research the average pay for such position in my city is 67K and i would like to know that reasons why your paying less than the average. she said she need to discuses that with the hiring manager. i told her ok. on Monday she called again to inform me that they cannot offer more than 50K because i didn't much experience in such field. i told her ok when do you need an answer by? she said in 24 hours and then she said she will send a formal written offer via email. she hanged up the phone. mot even more than 5 min later, she called again to tell me that she is not going to send the formal offer because the hiring manager decided to withdraw the offer before he thinks if the salary is going to be an issue , he doesn't wanna deal with it later on. i was in shock for such aggressive behavior from big "manager". this indicates to me how short-tempered and impatient he is with no leadership skills and no professionalism.

Structural Engineer I Interview

Structural Engineer I

Interviewed at L-3 Communications

Interview Details – Was interviewed by one branch for a thermal/heat transfer analysis job first by phone. Interviewer liked me but said I would be much stronger as a structural analysis engineer according to the interview and my background. He said that he would contact some people and get me another interview for a structural position. Two days later I get a call for an on site interview at a sister location about 2 hours away. The interview process consisted of 5 individual interviews with 5 different engineers including the manager. They took me around to see some of the planes and hangars as well as the offices of these engineers. I think the whole interview was mainly technical. Just a bunch of simple static analysis questions and "what would you do if you had this load here and here" questions.

Interview Question – Hardest one was when one engineer gave me a problem on a white board and asked for shear and moment diagrams, stress, and mohr's circle.   View Answer

Business and Financial Analyst Interview

Business and Financial Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – First called for phone interview. Very easy to speak with the team. Asked standard interview questions and genuinely cared about me as a person. Next, I was called into a group interview. Standard Interview Questions again. They emailed me afterwards asking about my salary requirements. After that was provided, I did not hear back from them for 1.5 weeks. After sending an email, I was informed that I was backup to someone else they made an offer to.

Interview Question – Standard Interview Questions   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – round table Question and answer. Multiple levels of management involved shooting questions rapidly at you on various topics and scenarios. The questions were designed to ask the same thing from different angles of attack.

Interview Question – what separates you from the others   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Electrical Engineer Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was called to schedule a phone interview as I was not in the local area from which they were hiring. They called me and introduced themselves, the position, and then asked me to describe myself, my history, my education, and my experience. It was much more of a conversation than a formal interview process and I ended up really enjoying myself. They asked questions as I spoke, and I started from my high school experience and what led me to choose engineering - this then branched off into extracurricular activities and things that I learned and experienced through my college career. I wrapped with my current experiences and what made me want to apply to their company.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked why I wanted to work for them and how I expected my work to be there.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The location was not prime for a temporary location - SLC.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – L-3 Communications was at a university career fair. I had 1 brief interview with an engineering manager at the career fair and provided my resume. I received a phone call approximately 7 days later to do a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 15 mins and very general. Following the phone interview, I had an onsite interview in front of a panel, was required to do a presentation, and 3 work out problems on the white board that took approximately 5 mins to solve each one.

Interview Question – I was required to answer three very technical questions on the white board using a marker and in front of 8 managers.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. They were getting more of a feel for who I was as a person rather than technical experience. I offered to show them past performance reviews, but they never looked at them. Hired on the spot and started working at the customer site the next week.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

Interviewed at L-3 Communications

Interview Details – Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Interviews for Top Jobs at L-3 Communications

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications interview questions and advice. All 143 interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees and interview candidates.