L-3 Communications

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Supervisor Interview

Production Supervisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – round table Question and answer. Multiple levels of management involved shooting questions rapidly at you on various topics and scenarios. The questions were designed to ask the same thing from different angles of attack.

Interview Question – what separates you from the others   View Answer

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Electrical Engineer Intern
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was called to schedule a phone interview as I was not in the local area from which they were hiring. They called me and introduced themselves, the position, and then asked me to describe myself, my history, my education, and my experience. It was much more of a conversation than a formal interview process and I ended up really enjoying myself. They asked questions as I spoke, and I started from my high school experience and what led me to choose engineering - this then branched off into extracurricular activities and things that I learned and experienced through my college career. I wrapped with my current experiences and what made me want to apply to their company.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked why I wanted to work for them and how I expected my work to be there.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The location was not prime for a temporary location - SLC.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2010.

Interview Details – L-3 Communications was at a university career fair. I had 1 brief interview with an engineering manager at the career fair and provided my resume. I received a phone call approximately 7 days later to do a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 15 mins and very general. Following the phone interview, I had an onsite interview in front of a panel, was required to do a presentation, and 3 work out problems on the white board that took approximately 5 mins to solve each one.

Interview Question – I was required to answer three very technical questions on the white board using a marker and in front of 8 managers.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Pretty easy interview. They were getting more of a feel for who I was as a person rather than technical experience. I offered to show them past performance reviews, but they never looked at them. Hired on the spot and started working at the customer site the next week.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

Interviewed at L-3 Communications

Interview Details – Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Arabic Translator/Interpreter Interview

Arabic Translator/Interpreter

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – The job organizing procedure starting from interviews to the the job location, I think was a real challenge to L3, Site managers at posts, are those who make our job well done through their well understanding and step out helping us getting adapted to our new locations, and daily communications by e-mails or post visits.

Interview Question – Apart from money and experience, what L3 could do to business development within?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Manager, and two principal electrical engineer. Just asked me to go over my resume and tell me about my self. There were no technical questions.

Interview Question – there were none at the time, but later they started adding questions on digital and analog circuits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 60k out of school asked for 5k more. got it

Subcontract Interview

Subcontract
Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2013.

Interview Details – very good interview process - got a real fell for the job

Interview Question – where do you want to be in 5 years   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough $

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Interview Question – Scrum and Agile implementation   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Sales Support Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – Nothing especially noteworthy, wish they would have focused more on my military experience. Having a wealth of military experience t draw from, I felt that the interview could have been more focused on the best way to leverage that experience into the company's long view goals.

Interview Question – Nothing of note, I wish the questions had been a bit more robust. I tend to believe that the experience at the time was leaning more towards hiring from the civilian population versus a prior military candidate. The Ft Hood situation had occurred within the last 6-9 months and may have made them a bit wary of certain candidates, which is understandable, but at the same time disparaging.   Answer Question