L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Oct 9, 2014
Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.7

Production Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

round table Question and answer. Multiple levels of management involved shooting questions rapidly at you on various topics and scenarios. The questions were designed to ask the same thing from different angles of attack.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Pretty easy interview. They were getting more of a feel for who I was as a person rather than technical experience. I offered to show them past performance reviews, but they never looked at them. Hired on the spot and started working at the customer site the next week.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

SAP Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwall, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2014.

the hiring manager and HR recruiter came to our university ( the university of texas at dallas) to present their company in one of the informational session that SAP GUI Group arranges. i met with them and handed them my resume. a few weeks later i received a call from the recruiter for an interview. the first interview was 4-5 hours where i was interviewed by 8 individuals. 2 weeks later they asked to come again for second interview and was for 2 hours and met 3 individuals. by the end of the week, i got a call from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • they go over your resume and they ask question about your skills, what was your role in previous job, challenging situations you faced and how you handled them, your weaknesses, why L3 communication, questions related to the position applied for.   Answer Question

before having the interview, the recruiter asked me if 50k-60k annually is fine. and at the time i haven't done my research for the salary range so i said its fine. after the interview process i got a called on friday 6/6/2014 informing me that they offer me the job for 50k. i told the recruiter that based on my research the average pay for such position in my city is 67K and i would like to know that reasons why your paying less than the average. she said she need to discuses that with the hiring manager. i told her ok. on Monday she called again to inform me that they cannot offer more than 50K because i didn't much experience in such field. i told her ok when do you need an answer by? she said in 24 hours and then she said she will send a formal written offer via email. she hanged up the phone. mot even more than 5 min later, she called again to tell me that she is not going to send the formal offer because the hiring manager decided to withdraw the offer before he thinks if the salary is going to be an issue , he doesn't wanna deal with it later on. i was in shock for such aggressive behavior from big "manager". this indicates to me how short-tempered and impatient he is with no leadership skills and no professionalism.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Business and Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2014.

First called for phone interview. Very easy to speak with the team. Asked standard interview questions and genuinely cared about me as a person. Next, I was called into a group interview. Standard Interview Questions again. They emailed me afterwards asking about my salary requirements. After that was provided, I did not hear back from them for 1.5 weeks. After sending an email, I was informed that I was backup to someone else they made an offer to.

Electrician First Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2014.

The interviewer had me go over my military background and explain how I thought my experiences would help with the job I was applying for.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

In person interview. Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time....

Try to negotiate salary a they will come in low. The worst thing that could happen is they say no.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

ask about my experience and military background and my goals with the company

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

The administrative staff was very kind and generous while maintaining professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Contract are always the most obscured due to renewing your contract. Budget affects everything.   Answer Question
    It was more than what I expected.