L-3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

Interviewed at L-3 Communications

Interview Details – Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Arabic Translator/Interpreter Interview

Arabic Translator/Interpreter

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – The job organizing procedure starting from interviews to the the job location, I think was a real challenge to L3, Site managers at posts, are those who make our job well done through their well understanding and step out helping us getting adapted to our new locations, and daily communications by e-mails or post visits.

Interview Question – Apart from money and experience, what L3 could do to business development within?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Manager, and two principal electrical engineer. Just asked me to go over my resume and tell me about my self. There were no technical questions.

Interview Question – there were none at the time, but later they started adding questions on digital and analog circuits.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered 60k out of school asked for 5k more. got it

Subcontract Interview

Subcontract
Melbourne, FL

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2013.

Interview Details – very good interview process - got a real fell for the job

Interview Question – where do you want to be in 5 years   View Answer

Reason for Declining – not enough $

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Interview Question – Scrum and Agile implementation   Answer Question

Sales Support Representative Interview

Sales Support Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – Nothing especially noteworthy, wish they would have focused more on my military experience. Having a wealth of military experience t draw from, I felt that the interview could have been more focused on the best way to leverage that experience into the company's long view goals.

Interview Question – Nothing of note, I wish the questions had been a bit more robust. I tend to believe that the experience at the time was leaning more towards hiring from the civilian population versus a prior military candidate. The Ft Hood situation had occurred within the last 6-9 months and may have made them a bit wary of certain candidates, which is understandable, but at the same time disparaging.   Answer Question

Electrician First Class Interview

Electrician First Class
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interviewer had me go over my military background and explain how I thought my experiences would help with the job I was applying for.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any technical question.   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic I Electrical Interview

Aircraft Mechanic I Electrical
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview that mostly consisted of technical questions. Received offer next day. Extensive background check was conducted even though I had an active security clearance still.

Interview Question – Really depends on your technical experience. The interview is mostly an assessment of skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay structure is inflexible. Everyone gets paid the same rate regardless of experience or seniority.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – In person interview. Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time....

Negotiation Details – Try to negotiate salary a they will come in low. The worst thing that could happen is they say no.

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Crestview, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – ask about my experience and military background and my goals with the company