L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.7

Quality Assuruanc Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Reston, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. The hiring manager didn't what type of person looking for the job. He had no idea the different between Quality Control/Quality Assurance/Quality Management. The person thought, i was rocket scientist. I have never see someone with very low competence during interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a color what color you would be. Never had a question like this in my life during interview process.   1 Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Telephone with HR after completing on-line application, then a 1 to 1 interview with Program Director, as well as Director Engineering and second round with HR. Got a nice tour of facility as well as lunch and opportunity to look at area.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Speegleville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Speegleville, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I replied to an online ad for this position. I was interviewed almost immediately by phone. Then visited the sight and interviewed with the owner. It was a personal and friendly one on one chat.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know my experience level and to see if I knew what I was talking about. He was satisfied that I did not misrepresent myself in my resume. That was the main point of our conversation.   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

very lengthy interview, detailed questions, multiple folks through out the day. Most of the folks that I interviewed with were friendly and asked detailed related questions. Main interviewer asked what -if- scenarios and asked questions that I would consider illegal even referring to that he did not want to hire any grey haired cronies... and this was a senior person in the company. Poor interview skills, cocky attitude, and very large ego. His division is supposedly not doing well and I can see partially why.

Interview Questions

• if i submitted a quote and sales ignored the cost reducing the margin how would I approach it...   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Greenville, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a representative at a college career fair. About two weeks later, I was contacted by HR asking for a transcript. Then I received an invitation for a day-long visit. That got delayed due to weather so the visit was about a month later. The visit itself was great. Started at 7:30am and was done at 3:00pm. There were 11 applicants (mostly there for internships). We were given breakfast and a few presentations, then our first interview. Then we had a tour for over an hour, had lunch, then our last 2 interviews. HR told me that the interviews were like "speed-dating" and I had no idea what that meant. All it means is that each applicant sits at their own table, a manager takes a seat on the other side, and you have exactly 40 minutes with them. All of my interviews that day (3 in all) were not technical - just a few questions about my resume and experience and then mostly about what they did. I ended up receiving an offer for Greenville, TX. The offer was nice, but I had received a better offer elsewhere.

Aerospace Engineering Co Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

We talked about several different positions in the plane design and analysis areas. Look up some of their planes like the MC-12W or the RC-135; it gives you a good talking point to start at. Talk with them like you are talking with a friend; it is very relaxed and causal.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working in plane design or structural analysis?   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Norfolk, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed and informative. I came in and 3 men asked me questions and supplied me with extensive information on what the position entailed. I sat at a round table with 2 interviewers and a man behind a desk. I don't want to use names. I waited awhile and was eventually called back for a second interview. In this instance the lab manager was present. This was my first interview since serving 20 years in the Navy. It was nice that it was such a relaxed atmosphere. I do not know yet if I will be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience as a technician. I was asked why I was not applying for a supervisory position with al of my years of experience. For a large part of the interview the 3 gentlemen explained to me what their process was. It was explained to me that there would be three separate areas I would work in, depending on the priority of the job.   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted by HR. After the initial phone screen process, I was brought in twice for on-site interviews. The interviews were mix of technical and non-technical nature. The technical interviews had me answer questions about object oriented design and development in C++ and about conditional probability and Bayesian inference. During non-technical interviews, most questions were about my previous experience and how I would fit in their team.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

Was referred by another employee who is an acquaintance. Within two days of filling out the online resume at their website was in front of a board. Each had a series of questions regarding my experience and how they relate to the position. About 90 minutes all said and done.

Director of Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Tulsa, OK) in January 2015.

Interview

Staff interviewing implied I did not want to work at L-3. Was interviewed by HR and Junior Staff members, then met the President who appeared too busy to spend time with me.

Interview Questions

• My background and why I wanted to change. Did I handle high stress well.   1 Answer