L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014
Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.7

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Sales Support Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Nothing especially noteworthy, wish they would have focused more on my military experience. Having a wealth of military experience t draw from, I felt that the interview could have been more focused on the best way to leverage that experience into the company's long view goals.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing of note, I wish the questions had been a bit more robust. I tend to believe that the experience at the time was leaning more towards hiring from the civilian population versus a prior military candidate. The Ft Hood situation had occurred within the last 6-9 months and may have made them a bit wary of certain candidates, which is understandable, but at the same time disparaging.   Answer Question

Electrician First Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2014.

The interviewer had me go over my military background and explain how I thought my experiences would help with the job I was applying for.

Aircraft Mechanic I Electrical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

Had one phone interview that mostly consisted of technical questions. Received offer next day. Extensive background check was conducted even though I had an active security clearance still.

Interview Questions
    • Really depends on your technical experience. The interview is mostly an assessment of skills.   Answer Question
    Pay structure is inflexible. Everyone gets paid the same rate regardless of experience or seniority.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

In person interview. Behavioral questions. Tell me about a time....

Try to negotiate salary a they will come in low. The worst thing that could happen is they say no.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crestview, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestview, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

ask about my experience and military background and my goals with the company

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2010.

I was given some program overview and marketing materials and developed some ideas of my own. It was a 360 degree interview process. Very informal.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a particularly hard question...rather, it was more of a problem solving session.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate to a degree; once I showed that I could bring in significant revenue, the compensation increased appropriately.

Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Middletown, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

After submitting my resume, I was called the same week to schedule an interview. During the interview I was interviewed by 2 Lead techs. They read over my resume and asked me general questions about what I had learned in school. No theory questions, which was what I was anticipating. They were very upfront and honest about everything and answered all of my questions. No question was over the top. After the interview, I received a job offer call in about another week. I accepted and have been working ever since.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with a connector with this many pins?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.. Everyone is paid on the same scale.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

The administrative staff was very kind and generous while maintaining professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Contract are always the most obscured due to renewing your contract. Budget affects everything.   Answer Question
    It was more than what I expected.

Electrician First Class Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Norfolk, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

I posted my resume online and I received a call a couple of days later. The interview last about 30 minutes and I only spoke for about 5 minutes. The interviewer was impressed with my military experience, so I didn't have to say much.