L-3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Machine Operator Interview

Machine Operator
Crestview, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – ask about my experience and military background and my goals with the company

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was given some program overview and marketing materials and developed some ideas of my own. It was a 360 degree interview process. Very informal.

Interview Question – There wasn't a particularly hard question...rather, it was more of a problem solving session.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate to a degree; once I showed that I could bring in significant revenue, the compensation increased appropriately.

Engineering Technician I Interview

Engineering Technician I
Middletown, RI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume, I was called the same week to schedule an interview. During the interview I was interviewed by 2 Lead techs. They read over my resume and asked me general questions about what I had learned in school. No theory questions, which was what I was anticipating. They were very upfront and honest about everything and answered all of my questions. No question was over the top. After the interview, I received a job offer call in about another week. I accepted and have been working ever since.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked with a connector with this many pins?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.. Everyone is paid on the same scale.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Aircraft Mechanic

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – The administrative staff was very kind and generous while maintaining professionalism.

Interview Question – Contract are always the most obscured due to renewing your contract. Budget affects everything.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was more than what I expected.

Electrician First Class Interview

Electrician First Class
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – I posted my resume online and I received a call a couple of days later. The interview last about 30 minutes and I only spoke for about 5 minutes. The interviewer was impressed with my military experience, so I didn't have to say much.

Interview Question – There was none   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Met at college career fair. Was invited for interview next day at campus recruiting center. Was offered an on-site interview several days later. Had a full day of interviews but also included tour, demo of job duties, and tour.

Interview Question – Asked about difficulties when working in interdisciplinary engineering groups.   Answer Question

MECHANIC I Interview

MECHANIC I
Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had a friend who worked there and introduced me to the boss and handed him my resume.

Interview Question – There was no questioning, it was all in the resume.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Fort Gordon, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications in May 2010.

Interview Details – I believe they found my resume on clearancejobs.com. I was contacted by a recruiter and had a brief in person interview that I assume was only to ensure I wasn't completely socially inept.

There was no technical interview, but it was made clear that traveling would be necessary as required by the Army unit that our region supports.

Interview Question – There were no questions really asked that I can recall.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wrote down my desired salary. The hiring manager said he didn't control salaries, but that it was probably too high and I wouldn't get it. The next day I received an offer letter for the amount requested.

Production Planner Interview

Production Planner
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through the website and received a call about a month or two later. I was called for an in-person interview and, when I arrived, it turned out it was a panel interview of six people. It lasted for about an hour.
The questions were very typical: past work experience, biggest weakness, difficult customer, worst boss, etc.

Interview Question – There weren't any--they were all very typical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. When I asked for more, the recruiter scoffed and said, "You're going to turn this job down for a few thousand bucks?" er...

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – The company is very picky in the engineers being hired. Being able to really technically describe your experience is good. My experience is that the HR representative will introduce you to the specific functional manager posting the position, where they will introduce you to their department and give an overview of the work. Afterwards, you are escorted around to various people in the department for individual interviews, usually lasting .5 to 1 hrs. Each individual will feed their assessment of you back to the hiring manager. Anyone that any negative comments from the individual interviewers usually do not get offers.

Interview Question – There was not really any trick or difficult questions. You really get asked about technical things that your resume talks about. Example: How does an IP packet obtain it's MAC address?   Answer Question