L-3 Communications

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

The process started with a phone screening interview with HR. Next was a longer more detailed interview the hiring manager that lasted about an hour. A few weeks later, they flew me down for an on-site interview. The interview lasted all day. It consisted of me sitting in a room, with about 7 or 8 different people rotating in to interview me. It was long and exhausting, but not terribly difficult. I went on a tour at the end and was pretty drained by all the interviews. I wish I had gone on the tour first so I could have asked more questions during the day. The people all seemed nice.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was the length of the interview and the repetitive questions I got from people walking in and out. Most of the questions themselves were pretty standard situational questions and resume questions.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2013.

I applied through the company career website and received a email a week later to set up a phone screening with one of the engineer. Overall, the phone interview was great. We went over my resume and experiences relating to the position. Since I was fresh out of college, we discussed also about my courses. After phone screening, I did not received any further follow up.

Subcontract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2013.

very good interview process - got a real fell for the job

not enough $

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

interviewed at L-3 Communications in November 2013.

Called in for interview. Standard meet and discussion. No unexpected questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

My interview was short and straight to the point. It only lasted about 30-45 minutes. It was very heavy with tech questions as well as personal experience with examples.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate with me. I told them what I wanted and they countered with what they were going to give me. It was a take it or leave situation.

Linguist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

It was not easy to pass the professional interview and hiring process with the professional and well trained team.

Technical Trainer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Called to setup an interview.
    Conducted a group interview (team members). Each team member asked HR-approved questions related to the job description. Some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you have two glasses in front of you, one colored orange and one clear, take a table spoon of each and put it in the opposite glass, what do you have?   View Answer
    No negoatiation on my part, I was happy with the initial offer

Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Did not have an interview. I received a call one night from the project manager asking if i were interested in position. A few days later I had a meeting with him and signed personnel paperwork work.

Compliance Analyst Interview

One phone interview and one in person with two superiors

Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

After submitting my resume, I was called the same week to schedule an interview. During the interview I was interviewed by 2 Lead techs. They read over my resume and asked me general questions about what I had learned in school. No theory questions, which was what I was anticipating. They were very upfront and honest about everything and answered all of my questions. No question was over the top. After the interview, I received a job offer call in about another week. I accepted and have been working ever since.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with a connector with this many pins?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.. Everyone is paid on the same scale.