L-3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Electronics Assembler Interview

Electrical Electronics Assembler
Greenville, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone was very professional and willing to help. When you fill out an application (online), ensure your resume has "keywords" that match the position for which you are applying. Please come dressed to your interview in business attire. The mere fact that you were asked to come in for an interview means they are interested in you and that you beat out 100's of people. When I interviewed, I was shocked at how many older (30+) interviewees showed up looking like they were going to the park or some place casual. Make sure you speak like you have common sense, even if you know you don't. 70% of the interview happens from when you walk in the door to the handshake. Other than that, do your best to make a great impression because you don't know when you will have another opportunity!

Interview Question – If you are prepared and have taken time to write out your strengths, weaknesses and goals, then no question will be too difficult. If I had to pick a question, it would be when they asked; "Tell us what you have done in the past that relates to this position?" It seems simple but, if you decide to answer the question using your memory, you may omit some important experience that could help you solidify your position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was, there is no negotiation phase. Meaning what they offer, either you can take it or leave it. I can't speak on "higher up" positions. But for entry level positions, there isn't much negotiation.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer
Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

Interview Details – Found the position through an on-campus job fair. The day after a job fair I was given an on-campus interview and they said they would follow-up. After a follow-up email and phone call I recieved an on-site interview. After the intewview a few weeks went by and I didn't hear a thing. I attempted to call and send email to HR manager and got no response. I called the recruiter and turns out she was fired for something. I gave up all hopes and never heard anything.

Interview Question – Small technical assesment.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2009.

Interview Details – Interview by 6 persons. Took 6 hours.

Negotiation Details – Several conversations

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer

Interviewed at L-3 Communications

Interview Details – Panel Discussion
Describe past projects in great detail.
Describe situations you've encountered that made you struggle. How did you go about solving these?

Interview Question – No hard questions in particular.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Northampton, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2012.

Interview Details – I met with HR staff members, hiring manager and several other Engineers.
All interviewers went through my resume, asking for details, specifics and clarifications. They discussed technical aspects of the job and tested my knowledge on resume claims and job requirements. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Interview Question – Optical design question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating - more like take it or leave it.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – The interview was scheduled for 4 hours, and did last all of it. I met with about 6 different people. A lot of the questions between the individuals were similar. The repetitiveness made some of the interview time feel like a waste. It was typical questions based upon the position at hand, nothing too complex. There was also a small walk through of one of the manufacturing areas, which was cool to see.

I was told during the process that a decision would be made in two weeks. There was no further communication from the company for almost six weeks. (even after a polite update request at the two week mark)

Interview Question – A lot of, how would you handle this situation, type scenarios were asked.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Principal Systems Engineer
Arlington, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Initially spoke with HR rep over the phone discussing availability. Proceeded with one on one in office with HR, then the Functional Manager and later with individual Team members, in this case three total. Followed by the hiring manager and 2nd in command. Interview concluded with the FM and HR recapping the process. Duration was 3-4 hours.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Basically getting a feel for your personality and double-checking your resume credentials.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR's job is to low-ball. Stand firm and walk away if needed.

Operations Project Manager Interview

Operations Project Manager

Interviewed at L-3 Communications

Interview Details – I submitted my résumé and hoped for a response. I received a phone call from HR to set an interview. It was with the manager and director. After that interview there was a 10 min interview with HR to talk about benefits, etc. Not too scary.

Interview Question – Just make sure you're concise but be sure of your answer.   Answer Question

RF Test Engineer Interview

RF Test Engineer
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications in February 2009.

Interview Details – I received one phone interview by HR and then 2 phone interviews from the hiring manager - Non-Technical, personality type questions. (phone interviews where spaced a couple weeks apart)

Onsite Interview: this was a full day process; met with 2 managers, 1 senior staff engineer, 1 senior scientist, and an RF Engineer that worked in the area.

Interview Question – None - the interview was more of a personality assessment to see if I could get along with the other employees, if I was excited about working there, able to learn new information.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took about 1 month from the onsite interview to receive an offer.

Satellite Component Intern Interview

Satellite Component Intern
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview Details – Got information from the career fair, applied and got a call a couple weeks later. Then got a phone interview, and then got called to do a second round on site interview. But due to the fact that I was on spring break and I was out of the country, I was not able to do that. and then skype interview. Waited for at least two months to get this whole thing sorted out.

Interview Question – What do you know about L3 technology?   Answer Question