L-3 Communications

2.7

Aircraft Mechanic I Electrical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2013.

Had one phone interview that mostly consisted of technical questions. Received offer next day. Extensive background check was conducted even though I had an active security clearance still.

Interview Questions
    • Really depends on your technical experience. The interview is mostly an assessment of skills.   Answer Question
    Pay structure is inflexible. Everyone gets paid the same rate regardless of experience or seniority.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Panel Discussion
    Describe past projects in great detail.
    Describe situations you've encountered that made you struggle. How did you go about solving these?

Electrical Electronics Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2013.

Everyone was very professional and willing to help. When you fill out an application (online), ensure your resume has "keywords" that match the position for which you are applying. Please come dressed to your interview in business attire. The mere fact that you were asked to come in for an interview means they are interested in you and that you beat out 100's of people. When I interviewed, I was shocked at how many older (30+) interviewees showed up looking like they were going to the park or some place casual. Make sure you speak like you have common sense, even if you know you don't. 70% of the interview happens from when you walk in the door to the handshake. Other than that, do your best to make a great impression because you don't know when you will have another opportunity!

Interview Questions
    • If you are prepared and have taken time to write out your strengths, weaknesses and goals, then no question will be too difficult. If I had to pick a question, it would be when they asked; "Tell us what you have done in the past that relates to this position?" It seems simple but, if you decide to answer the question using your memory, you may omit some important experience that could help you solidify your position.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was, there is no negotiation phase. Meaning what they offer, either you can take it or leave it. I can't speak on "higher up" positions. But for entry level positions, there isn't much negotiation.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

The interview was scheduled for 4 hours, and did last all of it. I met with about 6 different people. A lot of the questions between the individuals were similar. The repetitiveness made some of the interview time feel like a waste. It was typical questions based upon the position at hand, nothing too complex. There was also a small walk through of one of the manufacturing areas, which was cool to see.

I was told during the process that a decision would be made in two weeks. There was no further communication from the company for almost six weeks. (even after a polite update request at the two week mark)

Interview Questions
    • A lot of, how would you handle this situation, type scenarios were asked.   Answer Question

Principal Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Initially spoke with HR rep over the phone discussing availability. Proceeded with one on one in office with HR, then the Functional Manager and later with individual Team members, in this case three total. Followed by the hiring manager and 2nd in command. Interview concluded with the FM and HR recapping the process. Duration was 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Basically getting a feel for your personality and double-checking your resume credentials.   Answer Question
    HR's job is to low-ball. Stand firm and walk away if needed.

Operations Project Manager Interview

I submitted my résumé and hoped for a response. I received a phone call from HR to set an interview. It was with the manager and director. After that interview there was a 10 min interview with HR to talk about benefits, etc. Not too scary.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you're concise but be sure of your answer.   Answer Question

Satellite Component Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Got information from the career fair, applied and got a call a couple weeks later. Then got a phone interview, and then got called to do a second round on site interview. But due to the fact that I was on spring break and I was out of the country, I was not able to do that. and then skype interview. Waited for at least two months to get this whole thing sorted out.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Depends on Hiring Manager, contract, division, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Quesitons depend on their need and the hiring manager.   View Answer

Systems Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting and got an on-campus interview. A few weeks later, I got a call for an on site at their facilities. Everything went pretty smoothly; I had one group interview in the morning, then a tour of the facilities, lunch, met with HR, then another group interview in the afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to present a idea or project to them as if they were prospective clients.   Answer Question

Export Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

I thought the Interview went well enough. There were certain shortcomings in the description that I was aware of. Back to back interviews for 4.5 hours. Each Interview was essentially a copy of the previous. Internal communication seemed lacking. Position was replacing a retiring position (one of the interviewers), and they seemed to be looking for the replacement to be a younger duplicate of the retiree for the position. Open communication with HR through most of process, worst part was the communication simply stopped from HR. No declination of position was given.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions including "Why do you want to work for us?" and "Why do you feel you would fit this position better than any other applicants?"   Answer Question