L-3 Communications Interview Questions

2.7

Technical Trainer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Called to setup an interview.
    Conducted a group interview (team members). Each team member asked HR-approved questions related to the job description. Some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
    • If you have two glasses in front of you, one colored orange and one clear, take a table spoon of each and put it in the opposite glass, what do you have?   View Answer
    No negoatiation on my part, I was happy with the initial offer

Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Did not have an interview. I received a call one night from the project manager asking if i were interested in position. A few days later I had a meeting with him and signed personnel paperwork work.

Compliance Analyst Interview

One phone interview and one in person with two superiors

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2009.

Very Casual and no real structure to the interview 5 years ago.

Interview Questions
    • What is your interest in semiconductors?   View Answer
    Took about three tries before I received what I wanted

Test/Assembly Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carrollton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2010.

Went through sales speech about self, Had a soldering test, answered other questions. Brought in and interview with manager and HR then the contracting company was called to sign me to 3 month contract.

Interview Questions

was a while and can not remember questions or answers

Electrical Electronics Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2013.

Everyone was very professional and willing to help. When you fill out an application (online), ensure your resume has "keywords" that match the position for which you are applying. Please come dressed to your interview in business attire. The mere fact that you were asked to come in for an interview means they are interested in you and that you beat out 100's of people. When I interviewed, I was shocked at how many older (30+) interviewees showed up looking like they were going to the park or some place casual. Make sure you speak like you have common sense, even if you know you don't. 70% of the interview happens from when you walk in the door to the handshake. Other than that, do your best to make a great impression because you don't know when you will have another opportunity!

Interview Questions
    • If you are prepared and have taken time to write out your strengths, weaknesses and goals, then no question will be too difficult. If I had to pick a question, it would be when they asked; "Tell us what you have done in the past that relates to this position?" It seems simple but, if you decide to answer the question using your memory, you may omit some important experience that could help you solidify your position.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was, there is no negotiation phase. Meaning what they offer, either you can take it or leave it. I can't speak on "higher up" positions. But for entry level positions, there isn't much negotiation.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 months - interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

Found the position through an on-campus job fair. The day after a job fair I was given an on-campus interview and they said they would follow-up. After a follow-up email and phone call I recieved an on-site interview. After the intewview a few weeks went by and I didn't hear a thing. I attempted to call and send email to HR manager and got no response. I called the recruiter and turns out she was fired for something. I gave up all hopes and never heard anything.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Torrance, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in April 2009.

Interview by 6 persons. Took 6 hours.

Several conversations

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Panel Discussion
    Describe past projects in great detail.
    Describe situations you've encountered that made you struggle. How did you go about solving these?

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Northampton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2012.

I met with HR staff members, hiring manager and several other Engineers.
    All interviewers went through my resume, asking for details, specifics and clarifications. They discussed technical aspects of the job and tested my knowledge on resume claims and job requirements. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating - more like take it or leave it.