L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.7

Structural Engineer I Interview

Interview

Was interviewed by one branch for a thermal/heat transfer analysis job first by phone. Interviewer liked me but said I would be much stronger as a structural analysis engineer according to the interview and my background. He said that he would contact some people and get me another interview for a structural position. Two days later I get a call for an on site interview at a sister location about 2 hours away. The interview process consisted of 5 individual interviews with 5 different engineers including the manager. They took me around to see some of the planes and hangars as well as the offices of these engineers. I think the whole interview was mainly technical. Just a bunch of simple static analysis questions and "what would you do if you had this load here and here" questions.

Interview Questions

• Hardest one was when one engineer gave me a problem on a white board and asked for shear and moment diagrams, stress, and mohr's circle.   1 Answer

Mid Level Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied at a hiring event held at a local banquet room. First of all, they only glanced at my resume. They offered me $50k right off the bat, and when I asked to be considered for a senior position since I was only one year short on experience, and hold a Master's degree, they told me I needed 12 years' experience and a Master's degree. This is NOT what it says on the website (8 years' experience and a Bachelor's degree)! I signed the paperwork and left, only to find out later that day that all of my male counterparts that work side-by-side with me (I'm the only female in my section) had been offered $58k initially, and some of them had negotiated their way up as high as $65k for a mid-level position (whereas I was flat-out told I could either sign the paperwork as-is or leave). I find this extremely shady, not to mention sexist.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any questions. They wanted continuity for the customer, and I was already working there.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

round table Question and answer. Multiple levels of management involved shooting questions rapidly at you on various topics and scenarios. The questions were designed to ask the same thing from different angles of attack.

Interview Questions

• what separates you from the others   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Pretty easy interview. They were getting more of a feel for who I was as a person rather than technical experience. I offered to show them past performance reviews, but they never looked at them. Hired on the spot and started working at the customer site the next week.

SAP Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockwall, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Rockwall, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

the hiring manager and HR recruiter came to our university ( the university of texas at dallas) to present their company in one of the informational session that SAP GUI Group arranges. i met with them and handed them my resume. a few weeks later i received a call from the recruiter for an interview. the first interview was 4-5 hours where i was interviewed by 8 individuals. 2 weeks later they asked to come again for second interview and was for 2 hours and met 3 individuals. by the end of the week, i got a call from the recruiter and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• they go over your resume and they ask question about your skills, what was your role in previous job, challenging situations you faced and how you handled them, your weaknesses, why L3 communication, questions related to the position applied for.   Answer Question

before having the interview, the recruiter asked me if 50k-60k annually is fine. and at the time i haven't done my research for the salary range so i said its fine. after the interview process i got a called on friday 6/6/2014 informing me that they offer me the job for 50k. i told the recruiter that based on my research the average pay for such position in my city is 67K and i would like to know that reasons why your paying less than the average. she said she need to discuses that with the hiring manager. i told her ok. on Monday she called again to inform me that they cannot offer more than 50K because i didn't much experience in such field. i told her ok when do you need an answer by? she said in 24 hours and then she said she will send a formal written offer via email. she hanged up the phone. mot even more than 5 min later, she called again to tell me that she is not going to send the formal offer because the hiring manager decided to withdraw the offer before he thinks if the salary is going to be an issue , he doesn't wanna deal with it later on. i was in shock for such aggressive behavior from big "manager". this indicates to me how short-tempered and impatient he is with no leadership skills and no professionalism.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview Process was not terrible but training is thrown at you and it takes time to get established.

Avionics Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Kissimmee, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

It's was a short phone interview. I was called and asked about my prior avionics tech experience. We both had similar prior experience one the same aircraft. It was really easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (La Jolla, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

There were four people interviewing me, three people from engineering and one person from HR. They were all very nice and respectful. The person from HR told me to just relax because it's really chill. They asked me about my experience with certain tools like C# and C++.

Interview Questions

• If you have a null pointer exception, what is your process to figuring out where the problem is?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

Was recommended by a recruiter, great people at L3 , very in depth and detailed oriented

Business and Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

First called for phone interview. Very easy to speak with the team. Asked standard interview questions and genuinely cared about me as a person. Next, I was called into a group interview. Standard Interview Questions again. They emailed me afterwards asking about my salary requirements. After that was provided, I did not hear back from them for 1.5 weeks. After sending an email, I was informed that I was backup to someone else they made an offer to.