L-3 Communications Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

The process started with a phone screening interview with HR. Next was a longer more detailed interview the hiring manager that lasted about an hour. A few weeks later, they flew me down for an on-site interview. The interview lasted all day. It consisted of me sitting in a room, with about 7 or 8 different people rotating in to interview me. It was long and exhausting, but not terribly difficult. I went on a tour at the end and was pretty drained by all the interviews. I wish I had gone on the tour first so I could have asked more questions during the day. The people all seemed nice.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was the length of the interview and the repetitive questions I got from people walking in and out. Most of the questions themselves were pretty standard situational questions and resume questions.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications (San Leandro, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied through the company career website and received a email a week later to set up a phone screening with one of the engineer. Overall, the phone interview was great. We went over my resume and experiences relating to the position. Since I was fresh out of college, we discussed also about my courses. After phone screening, I did not received any further follow up.

Subcontract Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L-3 Communications (Melbourne, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

very good interview process - got a real fell for the job

Interview Questions

• where do you want to be in 5 years   1 Answer

not enough $

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

interviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

Called in for interview. Standard meet and discussion. No unexpected questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

My interview was short and straight to the point. It only lasted about 30-45 minutes. It was very heavy with tech questions as well as personal experience with examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They did not negotiate with me. I told them what I wanted and they countered with what they were going to give me. It was a take it or leave situation.

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

It was not easy to pass the professional interview and hiring process with the professional and well trained team.

Technical Trainer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Called to setup an interview.
    Conducted a group interview (team members). Each team member asked HR-approved questions related to the job description. Some behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have two glasses in front of you, one colored orange and one clear, take a table spoon of each and put it in the opposite glass, what do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negoatiation on my part, I was happy with the initial offer

Logistics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Interview

Did not have an interview. I received a call one night from the project manager asking if i were interested in position. A few days later I had a meeting with him and signed personnel paperwork work.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

One phone interview and one in person with two superiors

Engineering Technician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications (Middletown, RI) in September 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was called the same week to schedule an interview. During the interview I was interviewed by 2 Lead techs. They read over my resume and asked me general questions about what I had learned in school. No theory questions, which was what I was anticipating. They were very upfront and honest about everything and answered all of my questions. No question was over the top. After the interview, I received a job offer call in about another week. I accepted and have been working ever since.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a connector with this many pins?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.. Everyone is paid on the same scale.