L-3 Communications

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.7

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

Started with HR providing forms to be filled out. You are expected to be VERY detailed and specific with names and dates. HR will confirm everything on your resume and the forms before scheduling an interview with a hiring manager. The first interview is about an hour with the hiring manager and one or two other members on the team or group. Then you will be asked back for a second interview with the hiring manager and department manager. The interview is very thorough with technical details and job history. Be prepared to talk about your previous work experience down to day by day functions.

Interview Questions
    • Wasn't anything difficult as long as you are 100% honest. L-3 is a government contractor and the government will do additional screening. Anything less than 100% honesty is grounds for termination.   Answer Question
    Received an offer letter and called HR asking for an increase. Was denied because I had been offered their maximum budgeted salary. HR strongly hinted not to push and I didn't. I knew other people were interviewing for my position and the company could find an alternative.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications in December 2012.

Got a phone call froobjm HR, schedule phone interview
    Phone interview focus on the the content of the resume.
    On site interview scheduled and went very well: Managers went over the resume and ask me to describe my previous experience. Basic digital electronic question were ask (AND , OR Gate symbols...) Next day, got a call from HR to offer the job

Interview Questions
    did not negociate at all, salary was fair to my knowledge

Materials Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Communications.

I had an over the phone interview and one group interview and I received an offer letter in 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in a situation where you had to choose what is morally right vs. ethically right   View Answer
    The negotiation process was very easy and i did not receive any resistant

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2012.

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and she told me to apply online. I listed her as a reference and then I was invited by phone to fly out to Greenville, TX (at no cost to me of course) for an interview. I left Thursday morning and came back Friday evening. The hotel was really nice. More representatives took us out to eat Thursday night at a nice steak restaurant. All day Friday was the interview. We watched two presentations and did two interviews before lunch. We sat at individual tables with our names marked so that the interviewers knew where to go. The interviews were managers who actually did this job or have done this job for a living. The questions were conversation style and quite thorough. They went over my resume word for word and really dug deep for my knowledge of each item listed.

After those two interviews we toured the facility and let me just say it is amazing. If I was on the fence about wanting to work there before, the tour solidified my desire to really want to be there and learn what they had to teach. Futuristic is not the word. It soon became apparent that these people can teach you everything you need to be successful in any part of IT. Even if you use this as a stepping stone, any company would be lucky to have you after L-3 is done with you. When we came back there was the third interview and we got back in the limo and headed for the airport to go home.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with linux editors?   View Answer

Defense Ready Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Lejeune, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Lejeune, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2012.

Applied for a totally different position, in March 2012. however i didn't hear from them until october 2012 which i Received an email for a the defense ready position because they had my resume on file, so the interview was a breeze, only ask behavorial questions it was very short, no answer til a week later my recruiter emailed me and told me i could start on the second start date, still waiting to hear from the company about the contract, recently heared from them the have an approx. start of april.

Interview Questions
    None yet still in the hanger of more information since it is a contracted job

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

interviewed at L-3 Communications in September 2012.

I gave them my resume at a University job fair.
    I got the call the next week and the interview was the week after that.

The interview day was with about 20 other new graduates and was very casual.
    I interviewed with 3 different people. Each was about 30 minutes.
    The questions were easy. Nothing really technical. The people were very nice and I really enjoyed the day of interviews and tours.

The company and I are not really a good fit, so I was not surprised or disappointed when I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to do?
      Give an example of a challenging problem and how you handled it?
      Strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

I submitted my resume to a HR recruiter who then forwarded it to the new grad hire. I was contacted by HR from Greenville TX to come up for an in person interview. When I arrived I met with HR and commenced with interview with 6 different people. Mainly asked questions on background projects and behavioral questions. I was given lunch with a personnel. Everyone I met was very nice and I think it would have been a nice place to work.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of Projects have you done in school? Least favorite project?   Answer Question
    • What is an interface, polymorphism, inheritance, and etc.   Answer Question

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

Found the position through an on-campus job fair. The day after a job fair I was given an on-campus interview and they said they would follow-up. After a follow-up email and phone call I recieved an on-site interview. After the intewview a few weeks went by and I didn't hear a thing. I attempted to call and send email to HR manager and got no response. I called the recruiter and turns out she was fired for something. I gave up all hopes and never heard anything.

QA Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsport, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at L-3 Communications in August 2012.

Originally hired by a small company in California which L-3 shutdown because the other two larger companies in the division were not profitable, but I was offered a position in Pennsylvania.

Salary and job description which was easy.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L-3 Communications in June 2012.

I met with HR staff members, hiring manager and several other Engineers.
    All interviewers went through my resume, asking for details, specifics and clarifications. They discussed technical aspects of the job and tested my knowledge on resume claims and job requirements. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiating - more like take it or leave it.