L-3 Communications Mechanical Engineer I Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in October 2009.

Gave my resume out to the company at a career fair and was able to talk to someone who forwarded my resume to Liason Engineering. Was contacted about 2 weeks later and sent to their site in Greenville, TX. I met with a number of different individuals and each one gave me a quick behavioral interview [<20 min]. (Give me a time when..., tell me about yourself, etc). I believe I talked with about 4 different people, but only 1 of them actually wrote down anything during my interview. In between, I was given a site tour and lunch with other employees of the company.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a time when you faced a difficult situation and how did you respond?   Answer Question

The offer was very good (60k for a starting position) with the benefits one expects for a large aerospace and defense contractor. However, the location was too remote for my city-life background. There also didn't seem to be a good work-life balance. A lot of people said they worked around 80 hours a week.

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!