L-3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Engineer Interview

Research Engineer
Wilmington, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L-3 Communications in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied initially for an optical engineering position, but the recruiter asked me to instead apply for a research engineering position. I had two phone interviews; the first was with the CTO, and the other with the person who would be my direct boss. I was then flown to the company for the interview. The process was quick; I flew in Sunday at noon and flew out Monday at 2:30. I interviewed from 8:30 to noon with 5 different people. One gripe I would have is that it felt like none of the interviewers other than the CTO and direct boss again had much to talk to me about. The interviews went well, and were fairly easy.
At the end, I was told by the direct supervisor that he was very pleased and I should expect to get one more phone interview within a week from the HR rep, at the very least. It is now over a month later, and I have heard nothing from them.

Interview Questions

• "Oh, you've learned about GRIN lenses in your class? Tell me about how they work."   View Answer
  • "Tell me about your experience with silicon carbide."   View Answer

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!