L-3 Communications

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Program Manager Interview

Technical Program Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications in January 2010.

Interview Details – I was called by Directors admin to set up a 30 min phone screen. They provided me with several spots to speak with the Director. Spoke with Director; we had a 20 minute conversation with a few questions asked, she seemed interested and that I would be contacted. HR called within a day and asked if I was interested, I said yes, Very Much so. They were concerned about the relocation. See, I live on the beach in central FL and this position is in Salt Lake City....SNOW and cold. I am prepared to leave for the right position and Salt Lake provides for many outdoor activities which I love, anyways, I can come back to FL after I retire. Ok, then I was contacted by their travel coordinator within two days after speaking to HR. I had a couple of choices and was out in Salt Lake within two weeks. All accommodations and transportation was perfect. I spoke to 4 managers under the director (director was on travel and did not have the opportunity to meet her). I had about 30 minutes with each person and I gave a 15 min presentation (presentation skill assessment). I spoke to HR afterwards....everything (I believed at that time) was going my way. After about a week HR had me call them. Unfortunately they decided to pursue another candidate and I received no feedback on interview itself. Needless to say I was extremely disappointed; I had expectations of at least an offer. The job opening still exists 6 weeks after I interviewed.

Interview Question – Why do you want to come out to Salt Lake City?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at L-3 Communications

Worked for L-3 Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications Technical Program Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications employees and interview candidates.