L-3 Communications Wescam

Relevance Date Difficulty

Electrical Engineer Interview

Electrical Engineer

Interviewed at L-3 Communications Wescam

Interview Details – Was interviewed by an HR dept. employee and the electrical engineering manager. Was worried that questions might be a bit technical. However, most of the questions were non-technical asking about education, courses taken, company itself, etc. The most difficult question was- what are your hobbies? The hard part was relating a particular hobby to the position. Overall, it was a relaxing interview.

Interview Question – What are your hobbies? (Relating the hobby to the position)   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications Wescam in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in to visit the facility for an in person interview. The interview was straightforward and they just asked me behavioral questions and we talked about the experience and projects that I had mentioned on my resume. No trick questions.

Negotiation Details – They refused to negotiate.

Configuration Analyst Interview

Negotiation Details – hostile

Designer Interview

Designer
Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications Wescam in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was looking to switch gears in my career when I applied online through their careers website. Was contacted by an HR representative by email to ask for a phone interview. The phone interview was a quick and simple overview of general qualifications and experience. Led to a request for face-to-face interview the following week with their Technical Lead for the Designer position.

Interview with the Technical Lead was disappointing. He seemed to be quite analytical, without a sense of humor. I could not honestly see myself working for this person. He asked basic questions probing to see if I understood the position and whether my background experience was sufficient. Before the interview I was excited about possibly working for L3. Afterwards, I was asking myself whether I really wanted to work there anymore. Luckily I was not offered the position and therefore did not have to decline.

The facilities seemed to be dated. The work environment in the area I was taken was old fabric-covered cubicles with old-school furnishings. The people there take security seriously (a good thing). I was not given a tour of the facility as I was with other companies.

Overall, it was a good practice interview for me not having interviewed for over 10 years.

Interview Question – Standard questions. I wasn't taken off-guard by any of the questions.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for L-3 Communications Wescam? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Communications Wescam interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Communications Wescam employees and interview candidates.