L-3 Communications Wescam Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at L-3 Communications Wescam

Electrical Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications Wescam.

An acquaintance forwarded my resume to the hiring manager who then contacted me via email. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 mins. I was invited for an onsite interview. They reimbursed for my mileage and hotel stay. Met with the HR manager, then the hiring manager, then got a brief tour of the facility.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Was interviewed by an HR dept. employee and the electrical engineering manager. Was worried that questions might be a bit technical. However, most of the questions were non-technical asking about education, courses taken, company itself, etc. The most difficult question was- what are your hobbies? The hard part was relating a particular hobby to the position. Overall, it was a relaxing interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are your hobbies? (Relating the hobby to the position)   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Communications Wescam in February 2011.

I was called in to visit the facility for an in person interview. The interview was straightforward and they just asked me behavioral questions and we talked about the experience and projects that I had mentioned on my resume. No trick questions.

They refused to negotiate.

Configuration Analyst Interview

Bland, predictable, poor hiring manager social skills

hostile

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burlington, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Communications Wescam in June 2012.

Was looking to switch gears in my career when I applied online through their careers website. Was contacted by an HR representative by email to ask for a phone interview. The phone interview was a quick and simple overview of general qualifications and experience. Led to a request for face-to-face interview the following week with their Technical Lead for the Designer position.

Interview with the Technical Lead was disappointing. He seemed to be quite analytical, without a sense of humor. I could not honestly see myself working for this person. He asked basic questions probing to see if I understood the position and whether my background experience was sufficient. Before the interview I was excited about possibly working for L3. Afterwards, I was asking myself whether I really wanted to work there anymore. Luckily I was not offered the position and therefore did not have to decline.

The facilities seemed to be dated. The work environment in the area I was taken was old fabric-covered cubicles with old-school furnishings. The people there take security seriously (a good thing). I was not given a tour of the facility as I was with other companies.

Overall, it was a good practice interview for me not having interviewed for over 10 years.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions. I wasn't taken off-guard by any of the questions.   Answer Question

Worked for L-3 Communications Wescam? Contribute to the Community!