L-3 Stratis

Relevance Date Difficulty

Enterprise Architect Interview

Enterprise Architect
Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in April 2014.

Interview Details – After having lunch with an executive that I have worked with previously, I was referred to the recruiter team. Recruiter calls, screens your profile to see if you meet the requirements of the position and ask the perfunctory HR questions (timeline, clearance, etc.). If you meet the cut, the recruiter sets up some follow-on interviews with CTO leadership team. There may be follow-on interviews as the job requires.

Interview Question – How would you identify vulnerabilities of a black box operation?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better job offer

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Information Assurance Engineer
Melbourne, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in October 2010.

Interview Details – Had a telephone engineer with the senior Information Assurance Engineer/Project Manager for the new contract. He asked basic questions on threats, vulnerabilities, and types of attacks and how I would defend against them. The interview lasted approximately one hour and was not difficult. I found the individual quite knowledgeable and personable.

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Senior Management Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in September 2010.

Interview Details – L-3 Stratis has an efficient and comprehensive review of prospective candidates. The interview process is tailored for the workplace and mission. Expect a couple of professional interviews that will give you an understanding of the proposed position and responsibilities.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied to an L-3 job notice online and included a resume. I was contacted a week or so later and asked my willingness to relocate to Germany, and my current security clearance. At that point they sent my information forward to the Site Manager, who got in contact with me about technical points for the job. There were others on the phone call to ask finer technical questions related to the particular position. At this point, I pretty well felt good about whether they liked my skillset or not, and was shortly thereafter offered the job.

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate? Overseas?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was cordial, but they were constrained by the contract with what they could pay. I was able to jiggle them up about 3K.
Of course, it's all dependent on your skillset and experience within their contract, so of course a Systems Engineer will be compensated quite a bit higher than a beginner IT Tech.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in May 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed with the three head recruiters for the company. Each of them asked varying questions that had to do with the position. It was a very standard panel interview. They were all friendly and asked reasonable questions.

Interview Question – All their questions were relatively reasonable and had to do with the position and my resume. None of the questions took me off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Senior Security Analyst
Rockville, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Interview Details – Interviewed with system engineers and security professionals. Questions were technical and behavioral.

Interview Question – I anticipated every question since I was a subject matter expert.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed to give me what I wanted.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
Fort Meade, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in June 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted resume received a call for an interview, completed interview and was given an offer letter, after receiving the offer I was then given another offer because there was a change in the contract and they felt obligated to honor a higher compensation, they were really honest and forthcoming about everything.

Interview Question – Just asked about my past work experience   Answer Question

All-Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

All-Source Intelligence Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Interview Details – Hiring process is a joke. Not a knock against the recruiters because mine was very helpful, but clearly had no military experience. It seems it is more who you know and not about what you have done to earn your job.

Interview Question – The interview and vetting process could be considered comical. As previously mentioned the staff is clueless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation. L3 made an offer and you accept or you do not have a job. No bonuses, no raises.

Curriculum Developer Interview

Curriculum Developer
Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and was shortly called for a phone interview. This was a simple conversation between myself and the recruiter. I was invited in for a face to face where I met a HR person and potential co-worker. The interview was relaxed and I was asked technical questions. The interviewers were very friendly and knowledgeable and the face-to-face interview was about 30-45 minutes. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – I was prepared for questions about myself and previous successes/experiences. I was, to a degree, asked about my technical background, but it seemed that they already knew enough about me. I was asked how I would accomplish specific tasks if I were hired.   Answer Question

Collection Management Interview

Collection Management
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in November 2012.

Interview Details – I interviwed for the Collections manager position in billing with the program manager. Interview went great. PM said I pretty much had the job as far as he was concerned and that a follow on interview would be scheduled to discuss pay and benefits. This follow-on interview kept getting postponed for a month because the interviewers were traveling. After a month of delays the PM would no longer answer my emails or calls. I contacted the recruiter and a week later he answered telling me the costumer was not going to use the position anymore. They could have let me know a lot earlier instead of leading me on or ignoring me.

Interview Question – The interview was very informal and focused more on what I would be doing when I started working than whether or not I would get the job. i was well qualified for the position so the questions were fairly easy to answer.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for L-3 Stratis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L-3 Stratis interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by L-3 Stratis employees and interview candidates.