L-3 Stratis Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
17 interviews

2.2

Geospatial Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Interviewed with Manager, PM, and spoke to recruiter about benefits, etc. All questions were very standard associated with the job. They were job specific and asked about experiences and projects that I worked on in the past.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in April 2014.

After having lunch with an executive that I have worked with previously, I was referred to the recruiter team. Recruiter calls, screens your profile to see if you meet the requirements of the position and ask the perfunctory HR questions (timeline, clearance, etc.). If you meet the cut, the recruiter sets up some follow-on interviews with CTO leadership team. There may be follow-on interviews as the job requires.

Interview Questions
    • How would you identify vulnerabilities of a black box operation?   View Answer

Better job offer

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in October 2010.

Had a telephone engineer with the senior Information Assurance Engineer/Project Manager for the new contract. He asked basic questions on threats, vulnerabilities, and types of attacks and how I would defend against them. The interview lasted approximately one hour and was not difficult. I found the individual quite knowledgeable and personable.

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in September 2010.

L-3 Stratis has an efficient and comprehensive review of prospective candidates. The interview process is tailored for the workplace and mission. Expect a couple of professional interviews that will give you an understanding of the proposed position and responsibilities.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in February 2010.

I applied to an L-3 job notice online and included a resume. I was contacted a week or so later and asked my willingness to relocate to Germany, and my current security clearance. At that point they sent my information forward to the Site Manager, who got in contact with me about technical points for the job. There were others on the phone call to ask finer technical questions related to the particular position. At this point, I pretty well felt good about whether they liked my skillset or not, and was shortly thereafter offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to relocate? Overseas?   View Answer
    Negotiation was cordial, but they were constrained by the contract with what they could pay. I was able to jiggle them up about 3K.
    Of course, it's all dependent on your skillset and experience within their contract, so of course a Systems Engineer will be compensated quite a bit higher than a beginner IT Tech.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reston, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in May 2013.

I interviewed with the three head recruiters for the company. Each of them asked varying questions that had to do with the position. It was a very standard panel interview. They were all friendly and asked reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
    • All their questions were relatively reasonable and had to do with the position and my resume. None of the questions took me off guard.   Answer Question

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Interviewed with system engineers and security professionals. Questions were technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I anticipated every question since I was a subject matter expert.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed to give me what I wanted.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Meade, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Meade, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in June 2010.

Submitted resume received a call for an interview, completed interview and was given an offer letter, after receiving the offer I was then given another offer because there was a change in the contract and they felt obligated to honor a higher compensation, they were really honest and forthcoming about everything.

All-Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Hiring process is a joke. Not a knock against the recruiters because mine was very helpful, but clearly had no military experience. It seems it is more who you know and not about what you have done to earn your job.

Interview Questions
    • The interview and vetting process could be considered comical. As previously mentioned the staff is clueless.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation. L3 made an offer and you accept or you do not have a job. No bonuses, no raises.

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Annapolis Junction, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L-3 Stratis in January 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was shortly called for a phone interview. This was a simple conversation between myself and the recruiter. I was invited in for a face to face where I met a HR person and potential co-worker. The interview was relaxed and I was asked technical questions. The interviewers were very friendly and knowledgeable and the face-to-face interview was about 30-45 minutes. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared for questions about myself and previous successes/experiences. I was, to a degree, asked about my technical background, but it seemed that they already knew enough about me. I was asked how I would accomplish specific tasks if I were hired.   Answer Question

Worked for L-3 Stratis? Contribute to the Community!