L-3 Stratis Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.3

Geospatial Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Interviewed with Manager, PM, and spoke to recruiter about benefits, etc. All questions were very standard associated with the job. They were job specific and asked about experiences and projects that I worked on in the past.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in April 2014.

After having lunch with an executive that I have worked with previously, I was referred to the recruiter team. Recruiter calls, screens your profile to see if you meet the requirements of the position and ask the perfunctory HR questions (timeline, clearance, etc.). If you meet the cut, the recruiter sets up some follow-on interviews with CTO leadership team. There may be follow-on interviews as the job requires.

Interview Questions
    • How would you identify vulnerabilities of a black box operation?   View Answer

Better job offer

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Interviewed with system engineers and security professionals. Questions were technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • I anticipated every question since I was a subject matter expert.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed to give me what I wanted.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in May 2013.

I interviewed with the three head recruiters for the company. Each of them asked varying questions that had to do with the position. It was a very standard panel interview. They were all friendly and asked reasonable questions.

Interview Questions
    • All their questions were relatively reasonable and had to do with the position and my resume. None of the questions took me off guard.   Answer Question

All-Source Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L-3 Stratis.

Hiring process is a joke. Not a knock against the recruiters because mine was very helpful, but clearly had no military experience. It seems it is more who you know and not about what you have done to earn your job.

Interview Questions
    • The interview and vetting process could be considered comical. As previously mentioned the staff is clueless.   Answer Question
    Zero negotiation. L3 made an offer and you accept or you do not have a job. No bonuses, no raises.

Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in January 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was shortly called for a phone interview. This was a simple conversation between myself and the recruiter. I was invited in for a face to face where I met a HR person and potential co-worker. The interview was relaxed and I was asked technical questions. The interviewers were very friendly and knowledgeable and the face-to-face interview was about 30-45 minutes. Very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared for questions about myself and previous successes/experiences. I was, to a degree, asked about my technical background, but it seemed that they already knew enough about me. I was asked how I would accomplish specific tasks if I were hired.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in December 2012.

I was contacted by HR via email who sent me a questionnaire to fill out asking questions like "What is good customer service?", "Define good communication", "What qualities of a good communicator do you have?". After writing my answers and submitting them via email, I was contacted by email again to set up an in person interview. The in person interview was with 2 people at the L-3 Communications office in downtown Tampa (not tha actual location of the job).

Interview Questions
    • How do you deal with difficult people/clients?   View Answer

Collection Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in November 2012.

I interviwed for the Collections manager position in billing with the program manager. Interview went great. PM said I pretty much had the job as far as he was concerned and that a follow on interview would be scheduled to discuss pay and benefits. This follow-on interview kept getting postponed for a month because the interviewers were traveling. After a month of delays the PM would no longer answer my emails or calls. I contacted the recruiter and a week later he answered telling me the costumer was not going to use the position anymore. They could have let me know a lot earlier instead of leading me on or ignoring me.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was very informal and focused more on what I would be doing when I started working than whether or not I would get the job. i was well qualified for the position so the questions were fairly easy to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in September 2011.

Phone screen reviewing basic infomration with recruiter was completed first. The phone screen covered what I did, what I was looking for, etc.

The hiring manager had me come in for an interview and go over the positon and ask questions regarding my past expereince and how it would fit the position.

Interview Questions

Offer was for less than current salary after being informed of salary requirements.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L-3 Stratis in September 2011.

The interview was conducted by a board of people. There was only 1 person that was computer inclined, the other 4 people were customers. Interviewing for a military organization, they were more concerned that personalities would mesh

Interview Questions
    I had no negotiation options, they said take this offer or go elsewhere.