L.E.K. Consulting Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

First Round: Two 30 minute interviews - 10 min. fit and 20 min case by phone Second Round: Three 30 minute interviews - 5-10 fit and 20-25 case on site HR was very accommodating and cordial.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got selected for a phone interview. There was lots of confusion about scheduling the interview. It was 2 30-minute case interviews. One was strategy and the other was quant. The main problem was lack of time. They also asked behavioral questions for 10 minutes leaving very little time to discuss the case.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

I applied from a non-target school. Did not have any connections within the company. Contacted HR and was finally granted an interview. Was not told there would be a case component but read glassdoor aprox. 2 days before. I crammed case interview studies but needed more time to prepare. Round 1: Two 30-45 min case interviews 1 market sizing, 1 in-depth case (including market sizing) Supposedly the next round was three-45 minute interviews in the office.

Interview Questions

• New product (Netflix for Magezines), decide whether to spend 300M marketing this product or not   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied via the University recruiting link and heard back from the firm in a week that I had first round interviews. Since I was flying out for interviews with other firms, they were flexible with my schedule and I interview a couple days later. Final rounds were announced a couple days after that and I flew out to their Los Angeles office. Entire process took 2.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I was given 2 cases and had 1 fit interview. The first case was determining which of 2 drugs should be launched and the second was about ways you could monetize from TV content.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, the offer was extremely generous

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview

The first round of interviews consisted of 2 30 minute cases. The first was very qualitative, the second was extremely quantitative in nature. Both included portions of market sizing, while the second was purely a market sizing questions. The final round consisted of 3 45 minute interviews with various partners/managers. Same basic concept, extremely math and market sizing heavy. The interviews emphasize math more than business acumen. The company is more recruiting for a data grunt than someone with more strategic business acumen, as is shown by emphasis on quantitative cases. There really is no fit test, and frankly they don't seem particularly interested in your reasons for joining the firm. It is clear that being able to pass the cases and perform math on the spot is what dictates offers.

Interview Questions

• Some of the interviews included literally 45 minutes straight of mental math, so be ready for that.   Answer Question

I did not like the firm's culture and had better offers elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st round on campus, 2nd round at the office. Marketing sizing and case questions both times. 2nd rd is with 3 people, 2 partners, 1 manager. Turnaround was quick, 1st rd on Thursday, final the following Monday, find out Monday night. Difficulty level didn't really change from week to week

Interview Questions

• 1st round is market size of oil rigs in the US and then a case about competition between two dry cleaners. 2nd round was 3 interviews, 2 cases and 1 market sizing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two rounds. The first was two on-campus interviews with cases in each. Both were standard market-sizing. The second round consisted of three interviews with senior staff in the office. One case was conceptually-driven, while the other two were numbers-based. More variety here.

Interview Questions

Felt it wasn't the right city.

Associate Interview

Interview

On campus recruiting -- 2 30-minute on campus case interviews with consultants / managers, and 3 30-minute on-site interviews with managers / MDs. Interview process was fairly standard compared to other consulting firms.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Standardized package across US offices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA).

Interview

On campus recruitment. Two back to back interviews. One case had quantitative components, the other did not. There was one relatively easy market sizing question. Flown to Boston for final round. Met with three senior staffers. Two quantitative interviews one was not. One marketing sizing question, which I thought was harder than earlier ones.

Interview Questions

• How many staplers are sold in the US annually.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

3 x 30 minutes interviews. One section was one fit, and the other two were business cases which also included market sizing. Estimate the size of the Bikini Market; as well as a profitability case. Afterwards they take about 2 days to get back to you and provide feedback on your performance. Unfortunately I didn't make it through to the final rounds.

Interview Questions

• TEll me your biggest failure   1 Answer