L.E.K. Consulting

Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

I applied via the University recruiting link and heard back from the firm in a week that I had first round interviews. Since I was flying out for interviews with other firms, they were flexible with my schedule and I interview a couple days later. Final rounds were announced a couple days after that and I flew out to their Los Angeles office. Entire process took 2.5 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • I was given 2 cases and had 1 fit interview. The first case was determining which of 2 drugs should be launched and the second was about ways you could monetize from TV content.   Answer Question
I didn't negotiate, the offer was extremely generous

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Associate Interview

The first round of interviews consisted of 2 30 minute cases. The first was very qualitative, the second was extremely quantitative in nature. Both included portions of market sizing, while the second was purely a market sizing questions. The final round consisted of 3 45 minute interviews with various partners/managers. Same basic concept, extremely math and market sizing heavy. The interviews emphasize math more than business acumen. The company is more recruiting for a data grunt than someone with more strategic business acumen, as is shown by emphasis on quantitative cases. There really is no fit test, and frankly they don't seem particularly interested in your reasons for joining the firm. It is clear that being able to pass the cases and perform math on the spot is what dictates offers.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviews included literally 45 minutes straight of mental math, so be ready for that.   Answer Question

I did not like the firm's culture and had better offers elsewhere.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in September 2014.

Interview process consisted of two rounds. The first was two on-campus interviews with cases in each. Both were standard market-sizing.

The second round consisted of three interviews with senior staff in the office. One case was conceptually-driven, while the other two were numbers-based. More variety here.

Interview Questions

Felt it wasn't the right city.

Associate Interview

On campus recruiting -- 2 30-minute on campus case interviews with consultants / managers, and 3 30-minute on-site interviews with managers / MDs. Interview process was fairly standard compared to other consulting firms.

Interview Questions
    Standardized package across US offices.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

On campus recruitment. Two back to back interviews. One case had quantitative components, the other did not. There was one relatively easy market sizing question. Flown to Boston for final round. Met with three senior staffers. Two quantitative interviews one was not. One marketing sizing question, which I thought was harder than earlier ones.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interviewed Fall 2012, first round on-campus interview, two cases one market sizing and one strategy. Interviewers were very friendly, enjoyable process working through the case with them. Each interview includes a behavioral component. Videos on LEK website are very helpful preparation and accurate portrayal of the interview questions.

Second round office visit was three cases, similar to first round though they were a bit more difficult and included a more common blend of strategy and quantitative work. Emphasis on quick quantitative abilities, sound reasoning behind assumptions (you may be challenged on your statements), ability to frame problem and think creatively. All were enjoyable experiences, interviewers very personable and eager to hear why you are excited about working for L.E.K.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Initial contact on-campus, turnaround was extremely fast, first round on Monday and final round on Friday. Very into market sizing questions, but also had normal strategy ones. Incredibly friendly people, good conversations throughout. Definitely go the impression that the company was professional.

Interview Questions
    • Analyzing drug makers' failure to penetrate the market   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2013.

I applied through campus recruiting and was notified of my selection for a first round interview within a week. The first round interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews. For each interview, there were 5-10 minutes for behavioral/fit questions (Why L.E.K., Why Consulting, Walk me through your resume, etc.) and 15-25 minutes for a case, and then any remaining time for questions for them. One case was purely quantitative (market sizing) and the other case was strategy/qualitative. They were both very short and was very objective/interviewer-driven.

Interview Questions
    • Determine the annual revenues for the average cruise ship.   View Answer

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2013.

Two rounds, 5 case interviews very thorough analysis of you as a person 3.5 gpa

Interview Questions
    • be prepared for any type of case including building models   Answer Question
    none, you just accept

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

I applied online through their website and received an email inviting me for a first round phone interview. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews, both had a tiny behavioral component (just the standard why LEK? why consulting questions) and then moved straight to the case. One of the cases is pretty much completely quantitative about estimating market size and the other is a higher level, strategy case with no numbers. Make sure you stay structured and don't over complicate things, especially on the quantitative case.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the total revenues generated through alcoholic beverage sales on US airlines in a year.   View Answer