L.E.K. Consulting Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2014

3.6

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

On campus recruiting -- 2 30-minute on campus case interviews with consultants / managers, and 3 30-minute on-site interviews with managers / MDs. Interview process was fairly standard compared to other consulting firms.

Interview Questions
Standardized package across US offices.

Other Interview Reviews for L.E.K. Consulting

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2013.

Two rounds, 5 case interviews very thorough analysis of you as a person 3.5 gpa

Interview Questions
    • be prepared for any type of case including building models   Answer Question
    none, you just accept

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2010.

L.E.K. does two rounds of interviews for associates (pre-MBAs). The first round is on-campus and involves one qualitative (strategy) case and one quantitative case, generally done by associates and consultants (early post-MBAs). The second round involves a mix of three cases and are often given by managers and partners. This process is standard for the whole L.E.K. Americas system and is very similar to the process at other major consultancies

Interview Questions
    • Our client manufactures heavy metal equipment and is interested in entering the market for sewer lids. Please tell me the major strategic considerations to enter this market, including an estimate for market size   Answer Question
    Contract was non-negotiable. Do not try to negotiate it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

On campus recruitment. Two back to back interviews. One case had quantitative components, the other did not. There was one relatively easy market sizing question. Flown to Boston for final round. Met with three senior staffers. Two quantitative interviews one was not. One marketing sizing question, which I thought was harder than earlier ones.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interviewed Fall 2012, first round on-campus interview, two cases one market sizing and one strategy. Interviewers were very friendly, enjoyable process working through the case with them. Each interview includes a behavioral component. Videos on LEK website are very helpful preparation and accurate portrayal of the interview questions.

Second round office visit was three cases, similar to first round though they were a bit more difficult and included a more common blend of strategy and quantitative work. Emphasis on quick quantitative abilities, sound reasoning behind assumptions (you may be challenged on your statements), ability to frame problem and think creatively. All were enjoyable experiences, interviewers very personable and eager to hear why you are excited about working for L.E.K.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Initial contact on-campus, turnaround was extremely fast, first round on Monday and final round on Friday. Very into market sizing questions, but also had normal strategy ones. Incredibly friendly people, good conversations throughout. Definitely go the impression that the company was professional.

Interview Questions
    • Analyzing drug makers' failure to penetrate the market   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2013.

I applied through campus recruiting and was notified of my selection for a first round interview within a week. The first round interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews. For each interview, there were 5-10 minutes for behavioral/fit questions (Why L.E.K., Why Consulting, Walk me through your resume, etc.) and 15-25 minutes for a case, and then any remaining time for questions for them. One case was purely quantitative (market sizing) and the other case was strategy/qualitative. They were both very short and was very objective/interviewer-driven.

Interview Questions
    • Determine the annual revenues for the average cruise ship.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Applied online through school site, heard about a week later, and had an on campus interview the following week.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market for key door locks.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

I applied online through their website and received an email inviting me for a first round phone interview. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews, both had a tiny behavioral component (just the standard why LEK? why consulting questions) and then moved straight to the case. One of the cases is pretty much completely quantitative about estimating market size and the other is a higher level, strategy case with no numbers. Make sure you stay structured and don't over complicate things, especially on the quantitative case.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the total revenues generated through alcoholic beverage sales on US airlines in a year.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Applied through campus recruitment. Met someone at the career fair who seemed very uninterested. The same attitude carried through to the interviews. It was 2 30min interviews, case with 5 min at end for questions. The first interviewer looked bored out of his mind, and could care less about what I was saying. The second interviewer was a lot more engaged.

Interview Questions

Worked for L.E.K. Consulting? Contribute to the Community!