L.E.K. Consulting

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds, 5 case interviews very thorough analysis of you as a person 3.5 gpa

Interview Question – be prepared for any type of case including building models   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, you just accept

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – L.E.K. does two rounds of interviews for associates (pre-MBAs). The first round is on-campus and involves one qualitative (strategy) case and one quantitative case, generally done by associates and consultants (early post-MBAs). The second round involves a mix of three cases and are often given by managers and partners. This process is standard for the whole L.E.K. Americas system and is very similar to the process at other major consultancies

Interview Question – Our client manufactures heavy metal equipment and is interested in entering the market for sewer lids. Please tell me the major strategic considerations to enter this market, including an estimate for market size   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract was non-negotiable. Do not try to negotiate it

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview Details – On campus recruitment. Two back to back interviews. One case had quantitative components, the other did not. There was one relatively easy market sizing question. Flown to Boston for final round. Met with three senior staffers. Two quantitative interviews one was not. One marketing sizing question, which I thought was harder than earlier ones.

Interview Question – How many staplers are sold in the US annually.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview Details – Interviewed Fall 2012, first round on-campus interview, two cases one market sizing and one strategy. Interviewers were very friendly, enjoyable process working through the case with them. Each interview includes a behavioral component. Videos on LEK website are very helpful preparation and accurate portrayal of the interview questions.

Second round office visit was three cases, similar to first round though they were a bit more difficult and included a more common blend of strategy and quantitative work. Emphasis on quick quantitative abilities, sound reasoning behind assumptions (you may be challenged on your statements), ability to frame problem and think creatively. All were enjoyable experiences, interviewers very personable and eager to hear why you are excited about working for L.E.K.

Interview Question – How do you approach a problem?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview Details – Initial contact on-campus, turnaround was extremely fast, first round on Monday and final round on Friday. Very into market sizing questions, but also had normal strategy ones. Incredibly friendly people, good conversations throughout. Definitely go the impression that the company was professional.

Interview Question – Analyzing drug makers' failure to penetrate the market   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting and was notified of my selection for a first round interview within a week. The first round interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews. For each interview, there were 5-10 minutes for behavioral/fit questions (Why L.E.K., Why Consulting, Walk me through your resume, etc.) and 15-25 minutes for a case, and then any remaining time for questions for them. One case was purely quantitative (market sizing) and the other case was strategy/qualitative. They were both very short and was very objective/interviewer-driven.

Interview Question – Determine the annual revenues for the average cruise ship.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online through school site, heard about a week later, and had an on campus interview the following week.

Interview Question – Estimate the market for key door locks.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website and received an email inviting me for a first round phone interview. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews, both had a tiny behavioral component (just the standard why LEK? why consulting questions) and then moved straight to the case. One of the cases is pretty much completely quantitative about estimating market size and the other is a higher level, strategy case with no numbers. Make sure you stay structured and don't over complicate things, especially on the quantitative case.

Interview Question – Estimate the total revenues generated through alcoholic beverage sales on US airlines in a year.   View Answer

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruitment. Met someone at the career fair who seemed very uninterested. The same attitude carried through to the interviews. It was 2 30min interviews, case with 5 min at end for questions. The first interviewer looked bored out of his mind, and could care less about what I was saying. The second interviewer was a lot more engaged.

Interview Question – marketing sizing office supplies market   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted an application through LEK's online portal for entry-level Associate position. Received invitation for first-round interview from a current Associate, via email late one weeknight, and had two phone interviews two days later. Heard from the recruiter about making it to second round by the weekend, and went up to the NY office for the final superday the next week. Three interviews in a row, two with Managers and one with Partners.

Interview Question – Case involving auto companies.   View Answer

Worked for L.E.K. Consulting? Contribute to the Community!