L.E.K. Consulting

Average Difficulty
110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Associate

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's website where LEK posted a job description for Interns at their office. I sent in my materials and got a call back about 2 weeks later from their HR department to schedule an interview, which took place a week later.
The interview process itself was fairly standard for consulting companies: 4 interviews with a length of about 45 minutes each. About 10 minutes was devoted to resume questions at the start of each interview. Those questions were all fairly simple and sometimes repeated themselves in later interviews-no bs like "What's your biggest failure so far" which I appreciate. Each interview then had a case question which got progressively more complicated, starting with very straightforward market sizing to a very general market entry question. From what I was told, the process is similar for full time entry with one additional interview.
The atmosphere at the office was very friendly with drinks and food available and everyone I met made a great impression on me. They got back to me with the results the next day which was also appreciated.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected; in fact, the resume question were very straightforward (more just a retelling of my experiences so far and why I'd like to join LEK).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told I was accepted on the phone and sent a contract; no negotiations for Summer Associates I imagine

Summer Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's job website, was selected for a first round interview. Consisted of two half hour long interviews with some of their younger associates. First 5ish minutes of the interview was very standard - talked about my background, why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in consulting. The next 15-20 minutes consisted of a case question and then the final few minutes were devoted to asking any questions I had to the interviewers.

Interview Question – One of the case questions asked was how much revenue would a cruise ship make per trip. The other was a market sizing question for a new rain product.   Answer Question

Life Science Specialist Interview

Life Science Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very well organized hiring process. I applied online and the interview process took 1 month

Interview Question – Unexpected question: what social cause you are most passionate about? how can joining LEK impact that?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds, 5 case interviews very thorough analysis of you as a person 3.5 gpa

Interview Question – be prepared for any type of case including building models   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, you just accept

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through on-campus recruiting. Two rounds of interviews.

First round on-campus. Two 30-minute interviews with a recent grad and a principal. One quant case and one strategy case with a few "fit" questions in each round.

Final round was in the office. Three 30-minute case interviews. Met with an MD, Engagement Manager, and a Principal.

Interview Question – Your client is a U.S. sugar processor. After NAFTA, there is increased competition from Mexican sugar processors. What do you do?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Boston, MA

Interview Details – Interview consisted of a half hour behavioral interview followed by a half hour case interview.

Interview Question – The case interview is difficult. Be prepared to do long multiplication/division by hand   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in January 2010.

Interview Details – 2 Rounds of interviews. The first round included a quant and a qual case. The final round included two more traditional cases, as well as a presentation/workflow gant based on a case (one hour to read and prepare). Overall, one of the better MBA interviewing processes.

Interview Question – Assign workflow to each team member over a 2 week period.   Answer Question

Life Sciences Specialist Interview

Life Sciences Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via on-campus recruiting, got my application noticed by former supervisor (former LEKer) putting in a good word for me. Two case interviews over the phone with an LSS and a Consultant, followed by in-office interview consisting of three case/fit interviews with three different interviewers, one partner, two principals. Was called with offer about 1.5 weeks later by the partner. Recruitment mixer, dinner, and informational events occurred over two days, and happened about 3-4 days before deadline to accept offer.

Interview Question – Instead of telling me one of your strengths, or one of your weaknesses, tell me about something you are only average at.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Great salary, but lifestyle seems particularly bad, and promotion opportunities happen on a set schedule for LSSs. Chose an offer from a different consulting firm that paid similarly but offered ability to join at higher rank.

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2010.

Interview Details – L.E.K. does two rounds of interviews for associates (pre-MBAs). The first round is on-campus and involves one qualitative (strategy) case and one quantitative case, generally done by associates and consultants (early post-MBAs). The second round involves a mix of three cases and are often given by managers and partners. This process is standard for the whole L.E.K. Americas system and is very similar to the process at other major consultancies

Interview Question – Our client manufactures heavy metal equipment and is interested in entering the market for sewer lids. Please tell me the major strategic considerations to enter this market, including an estimate for market size   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Contract was non-negotiable. Do not try to negotiate it

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview Details – On campus recruitment. Two back to back interviews. One case had quantitative components, the other did not. There was one relatively easy market sizing question. Flown to Boston for final round. Met with three senior staffers. Two quantitative interviews one was not. One marketing sizing question, which I thought was harder than earlier ones.

Interview Question – How many staplers are sold in the US annually.   Answer Question

Worked for L.E.K. Consulting? Contribute to the Community!