L.E.K. Consulting

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

3.4

Summer Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Dropped resume, got an interview call. Two Back to back cases in first round with different interviewers. Nothing behavioral. One would be a typical consulting case, expect a market sizing case in the other. Interviewers were pretty chilled out - not stressful like MBB interview.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate market size of playground equipments in the US   Answer Question
    • Had a case on a ferry that runs between 2 countries. How would you segment customers, how would you increase revenues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied via the University recruiting link and heard back from the firm in a week that I had first round interviews. Since I was flying out for interviews with other firms, they were flexible with my schedule and I interview a couple days later. Final rounds were announced a couple days after that and I flew out to their Los Angeles office. Entire process took 2.5 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was given 2 cases and had 1 fit interview. The first case was determining which of 2 drugs should be launched and the second was about ways you could monetize from TV content.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate, the offer was extremely generous

First Year Associate Interview

Interviewed through university recruiting. First round was two back-to-back 30 minute interviews. About 5 minutes of personal questions, followed by 20 minutes of case interview, and 5 minutes of Q& A. Both interviewers had read through my resume before hand and had specific questions about my experiences.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview in the first round was a simple market sizing for Halloween market with a follow-up question of whether opening a pop-up store or permanent store would be more profitable. Final round interview was in the Boston office (as that was my office choice). Three interviews of similar format with more senior executives.   Answer Question

First Year Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Very simple. First round was two 30-minute case interviews (One market sizing, One business situation). Final round was only three 30-minute case interviews with Managers and Directors (One pure market sizing, One pure business situation, and One market sizing/Business situation hybrid).

Interview Questions
    Received offer, have yet to decide.

Associate Interview

The first round of interviews consisted of 2 30 minute cases. The first was very qualitative, the second was extremely quantitative in nature. Both included portions of market sizing, while the second was purely a market sizing questions. The final round consisted of 3 45 minute interviews with various partners/managers. Same basic concept, extremely math and market sizing heavy. The interviews emphasize math more than business acumen. The company is more recruiting for a data grunt than someone with more strategic business acumen, as is shown by emphasis on quantitative cases. There really is no fit test, and frankly they don't seem particularly interested in your reasons for joining the firm. It is clear that being able to pass the cases and perform math on the spot is what dictates offers.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviews included literally 45 minutes straight of mental math, so be ready for that.   Answer Question

I did not like the firm's culture and had better offers elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in September 2014.

Interview process consisted of two rounds. The first was two on-campus interviews with cases in each. Both were standard market-sizing.

The second round consisted of three interviews with senior staff in the office. One case was conceptually-driven, while the other two were numbers-based. More variety here.

Interview Questions

Felt it wasn't the right city.

Associate Interview

On campus recruiting -- 2 30-minute on campus case interviews with consultants / managers, and 3 30-minute on-site interviews with managers / MDs. Interview process was fairly standard compared to other consulting firms.

Interview Questions
    Standardized package across US offices.

Receptionist Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview initially and then invited in for a face to face interview. I met with a total of three people (office manager, executive assistant, senior consultant). It was very friendly, but thorough in questioning.

Interview Questions
    • Several situational questions that I haven't previously answered.   Answer Question
    Very little opportunity to negotiate.

Summer Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Applied through my school's job website, was selected for a first round interview. Consisted of two half hour long interviews with some of their younger associates. First 5ish minutes of the interview was very standard - talked about my background, why I wanted to work there, why I was interested in consulting. The next 15-20 minutes consisted of a case question and then the final few minutes were devoted to asking any questions I had to the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • One of the case questions asked was how much revenue would a cruise ship make per trip. The other was a market sizing question for a new rain product.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview consisted of a half hour behavioral interview followed by a half hour case interview.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview is difficult. Be prepared to do long multiplication/division by hand   Answer Question