L.E.K. Consulting

Average Difficulty
110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on online and heard back in 2 days. first interview happened in another two days. It contains a simple PEI question and two cases.

Interview Question – One is about market sizing and one is about strategy for a pill manufacture company regarding making a new drug to improve profit.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant

Interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview Details – Basic consulting interview. Tell me about yourself followed by case study. Two back to back interviews. First case was very open ended. Did not seem like there was a specific answer the interviewer was looking for. Second case was total opposite. Very detailed with lots of data. Interviewer tried to lead me in a specific direction.

Interview Question – Market sizing for a large industry   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting.

Interview Details – I was asked to a group interview session where there were about 30 graduates waiting in a room. Half went to do a maths test while the other half met with consultants who gave them a case interview such as market sizing.

Interview Question – How much rentable space is there in NYC?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in November 2012.

Interview Details – Two round interview process, with the first being over the phone and the 2nd at the location where you will work. The phone interview was fun and enjoyable. The second round was odd because the interviewers were not enagaging or friendly at all. It felt adversarial at some point. It could also have been because they already had a hire in mind.

Interview Question – How many cars cross the Golden Gate Bridge?   Answer Question

Strategy Consultant Interview

Strategy Consultant

Interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was smooth and driven by common sense. The company genuinely tries to understand the candidates and whether they would fit with the type of work and the quality of their peers. From the hiring manager, to the people who coordinated the communication, scheduling the interviews and the interviewers themselves, everyone was trying to help and to fairly assess candidate capabilities.

Interview Question – A business case that involved a lot of financial ratios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Driven by common sense, very mature and professional discussion.

Helpdesk Administrator Interview

Helpdesk Administrator
Boston, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in April 2009.

Interview Details – I worked as a contractor for the first 3 months. The contract position was given to me once I accepted it because they needed someone asap. The only demand was to show up on time, If I was not there before 9AM I could just go home.

I got there at 830AM.

I was doing minor tasks initially but proved I wanted to become a permanent member of their IT team. My determination was recognized and after being let go, 6 months later I was contacted.

From there since I already worked there no hiring interview process had to take place and I was welcomed onto the team.

Interview Question – You'll work with vice presidents. People can be demanding in financial industry. Prepare for the unexpected and work wisely.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. My first real IT job. When 50k/year is offered with bonuses you say yes.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in June 2011.

Interview Details – Classic case-based management consulting interviews. Focused on how you organize your thoughts, reason through the solution, and ultimately package the answer in a clear and succint fashion. Whether or not the answer is correct is irrelevant althought the answer should be reasonable and defensible.

Interview Question – How many beachballs can you fit in a 747 and how many beachballs could fit if the plane lost cabin pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Comp is very narrowly defined by position with very little wiggle room. Relocation and sign-on bonus are negotiable but also do not very widely by position.

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate

Interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting

Interview Details – I was selected for a first-round interview after applying through the campus recruiting website. First round was pretty much as expected-- two relatively simple cases, one being a basic profit case and the other about sizing the market for a certain technology necessary for 3D movies (LEK tends to focus on market sizing more than other firms). Interviewers were both extremely nice and helpful. The second round was a little more rigorous; there were 3 30 minute cases (5 mins of behavioral) with partners and higher level managers. 2 of the 3 cases required market sizing. They emailed me the next day saying that they could not extend me an offer at this time. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Question – How many stretchers were sold in the U.S. last year?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Back-to-back interviews on-campus: one market sizing, one strategic case. Received a call within 3 days with an invite for an in-office interview. Office interview included three separate interviews: two market sizing, one brainteaser. No strategic cases were involved. Partners "grilled" me on parts of my resume and wanted in-depth info for several areas. Didn't receive news about an offer until 7 days after my in-office interview.

Interview Question – Brainteaser: If I were to give you a cube that was 10x10x10 units in volume, how many individual 1x1x1 units would not appear on the outside of the cube?   View Answers (2)

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L.E.K. Consulting in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. Got email in 2 days from HR, scheduled an interview. Two phone round with a Consultant and Life Science Specialist. I am Ph.D. in life sciences. First interviewer was very friendly and we discussed about Why Consulting?, Leadership/ Teamwork Example. Second interviewer the junior consultant was not so friendly and unresponsive. Fit questions included Why Consulting? Collaborations etc. Eventually got reject email from HR with no feedback (they have worst policy of no feedback). I thought i did very well on both of the cases and fit.

Interview Question – 1) Case 1: Your client is PE firm looking to buy medical device company which makes baby helmets to keep their faces in shape . What things should they consider?
2) Case 2: Your client in Drug maker of Pancreatic Cancer Drug (2nd line). Estimate market size of this drug.
Fit: Why Consulting? Tell me about your start up, Leadership/ Team Example.
  Answer Question