L.L. Bean Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (South Freeport, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter...phone interview with hiring manager. Flown out to Freeport for an all day panelist format interview. Interviewed with 2-3 people every hour....the panelists consisted of all or a sampling of the team you would be working with. Be prepared to answer how you would fit into the LL Bean culture.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (McLean, VA).

Interview

Applied online, got an email a few days later inviting me to a group interview, showed up and talked with the store manager. It was mainly the routine questions, and then we were giving a bag full of pretty well known items, we had to choose one and sell it.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you have, tell me about some time you had to work with a computer database, what does good customer service mean to you, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the starting pay is decent for retail and there is opportunity to move up.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

First round: HR screening to determine organizational fit, and then specifically which department would best suit me. "Do you (the applicant) fit our culture here at L.L.Bean?" Second round: Interview with part of the team in the functional area I was applying to. "Would you work well with the people you will be dealing with on a regular basis?" Third round: Interview with upper management who oversees the functional area I would be working in. "Would you positively contribute to the team?"

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of coursework you have done related to the position?   1 Answer

Back of House, Merchandising, Receiving Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Painless, comfortable, and authentic. In group of 6 people, we were asked to describe ourselve briefly. We watched videos about the company's core values and what they were looking for in a team member. We were tasked with certain retail objectives, and singly described situations in our past retail experience and how we dealt with it. Initially, I applied online and was asked via e-mail to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• " Take one thing out of the backpack being passed around and describe the article as if selling it to a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating, (yet)

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online in late January. The talent recruiter responded quickly, within a few days. Was asked generic behavioral questions, about my college education and courses, and relevant experience in Computer Science. Interviewer was professional and fairly courteous. Was told at the interview that they would notify me in a 3 or so weeks if I was to make it to the second round interview with the hiring manager. In roughly 2 weeks, I received an email in which they denied me for the internship.

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

Group interview, simple questions, either hired on spot or told no. Not much else to say, questions were simple, managers are nice. Couldn't repeat what others said; made you look like you didn't have anything to say.

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

Simple cover letter and resume request. Interview was a group interview with one other person in front of the store manager and assistant store manager. Basic questions including background, interest in the company, retail experience, current employer. They seemed to need people so the interview was quick and easy and they had me start right away.

Interview Questions

• They gave us an product LL Bean sells and asked us to deliver a sales pitch for the product   Answer Question

Negotiation

They said the hourly wage and I was given the chance to say yes or no.

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed. We had a team work session to work on and then we were told they liked all of us and offered us jobs. There was the store manager and a lead present for the interview.

Interview Questions

• In what way did you go above and beyond in the past for someone?   1 Answer

Creative Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview

It was a typical interview, lasting about 45 minutes. A hiring manager and a HR person were there at the interview. It was somewhat casual but it is better to be well prepared (or to be witty) for some unexpected questions.. Overall I think it was a good, reasonable, and friendly one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L.L. Bean (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

So I can't remember for certain but I believe this was like a two week process. I applied for a seasonal position and a week later I was called to set up an interview for the next day. So I set up an evening interview, which I'm surprised they offered. It was a group interview of about three candidates and two interviewers. We all took turns introducing ourselves, answering questions, and selling the interviewers an item from their store. Based on other interviews I read, they always ask you to demonstrate how you would sell a certain item. I suggest reading up on some of their signature items in their About Us on their website. I feel like that may have gave me a little advantage because I knew about the tote before hand. Overall, it was a pleasant experience....the interviewers seemed very friendly and nice. The whole culture of this company just feels very welcoming and organized.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I accepted the offer as is.