L.L. Bean

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Seasonal Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at L.L. Bean in July 2014.

Interview Details – I received an interview invitation via email from L.L.Bean instructing me to call to schedule an interview. I called the same day and set up an interview for a few days later. The person I spoke with mentioned it would be a group interview. I received an email confirming the interview date. The interview process began with a group meeting where we introduced ourselves and said why we are a good fit to work at L.L.Bean. As a group we discussed different scenarios if we were approached by a customer. We also had to chose a random L.L.Bean product and try to sell it to someone else in the group. After the group interview, we met individually with the managers to discuss the position, schedule, and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Had to chose a random product and sell it to someone else in the group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No opportunity to negotiate

Informational Interview for Company Opportunities Interview

Informational Interview for Company Opportunities

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview Details – Employee referral passed my resume in. I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an informational interview about career opportunities I was interested in. Overall it was relaxed and conversational. None of the ridiculous standard interview questions. I was told to apply to certain jobs and email recruiter.

Interview Question – Asked to walk recruiter through my background and resume. Why do you want to work at L.L. Bean? Is there anything else I should know about you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Help Interview

Seasonal Help
Dedham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview Details – I was called in for a group interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. We were asked what we knew about the company experiences etc. Mostly it was to see how friendly, and well we got along in a group setting.

Interview Question – A lot of the interview focused around other notable companies such as Nordstrom, and REI. What makes L.L. Bean able to offer such a generous return policy. Etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate being offered a seasonal job.

Low Bay Picking Interview

Low Bay Picking
Freeport, ME

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L.L. Bean in August 2010.

Interview Details – basic interview, ask what your skills are and then show you videos showing the job in action, if you like ask what your availability is and rate of pay for position, then you maybe sent to employee health for screening.

Negotiation Details – flat rate of pay for position

Informational Interview Interview

Informational Interview
Freeport, ME

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L.L. Bean in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very professional. I met with 2 hiring coordinators who tag-teamed my interview (this was not common practice). I felt fortunate, as it was explained that they do not often give these interviews, but I was brought in by a friend.

Interview Question – I was prepared for 'what is your favorite product and why?' - I got 'If you could BE a product, what would you be and why?'.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Freeport, ME

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted an application through their web site and got a phone call from an HR individual about two weeks later. She set up a time for a phone interview. She asked me to take an Excel test and a logical reasoning test. About a week later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two panels of three employees, each. The in-person questions were much more difficult than the phone questions. I received an e-mail a few days later indicating I was not selected for a third round.

Interview Question – (1) Tell me about a risk you have taken. (2) How will your educational background help you with this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at L.L. Bean in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called in for group interview with a team from management. We were asked to do selling scenario and then advised if we were a good fit for the job. I applied as a seasonal employee.

Interview Question – There were do difficulty issues with the process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Seasonal Sales Representative
Marlton, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview Details – Applied online. was called in and invited for a group interview. After the offer, I had three weeks of training in company core values, customer service, inventory and product lines, computer applications for catalog sales, etc.

Interview Question – we were shown a product from a grab bag and asked to describe it in a way that would help sell it   View Answer

Picker Interview

Picker
Freeport, ME

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview Details – As a rehire seasonal employee it was a very easy process. I received the letter that it was again time to start the hiring and called the number on the paper. I got to the business office and only needed to do the updating of paperwork and checking with the nurse. The nurse checks to make sure that you are able to do what your job asks of you.

Interview Question – New health questions from the nurse. I was not going through the regular interview process because I have been employed there previously   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For seasonal employees like me there are no negotiations except what shifts to work and what date to start. I was working in the same field and wanted the most open shift so it was easy

Associate Creative Director Interview

Associate Creative Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L.L. Bean in January 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email at first. Then, there was a fairly lengthy game of phone tag with an HR coordinator to schedule a phone interview with another HR specialist, presumably a recruiter. After the call was scheduled, there was some more rescheduling necessary due to the holidays. Eventually, the recruiter called and we had a very pleasant chat, after which the recruiter suggests that my ext step would be to talk to the hiring manager/creative director. That never happened.

Interview Question – As with most calls I get from recruiters, I find that their questions would have been easily answered if they read my resume. I suppose this is a way for them to gauge my presentation skills so I'm happy to talk about my experience--perhaps too happy. There was some discussion about salary which I always find difficult because we're always told not to bring up salary and the first to cite a number loses.   Answer Question

Worked for L.L. Bean? Contribute to the Community!