L.L. Bean Interview Questions

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fayetteville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L.L. Bean in September 2012.

The process was very clear and open. Everything was initiated through an online application. I had no difficulties in obtaining an interview and in having an extensive discussion with the hiring manager. The individual was pleasant as well as knowledgable about the company and the requirements of the position. The entire process was easy and the face to face interview was enjoyable.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L.L. Bean in August 2014.

Went in for interview. Was asked to take computer efficiency test. Then was asked a series of questions regarding my experiences in customer service. I was afraid that it would be a group interview, but it was one-on-one with this nice lady. Wasn't a bad experience. All the question were pretty straight forward and were pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of obstacle have you had to overcome with a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L.L. Bean in July 2014.

Interview Questions
    • List the different computer programs you are efficient in   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L.L. Bean in July 2014.

I received an interview invitation via email from L.L.Bean instructing me to call to schedule an interview. I called the same day and set up an interview for a few days later. The person I spoke with mentioned it would be a group interview. I received an email confirming the interview date. The interview process began with a group meeting where we introduced ourselves and said why we are a good fit to work at L.L.Bean. As a group we discussed different scenarios if we were approached by a customer. We also had to chose a random L.L.Bean product and try to sell it to someone else in the group. After the group interview, we met individually with the managers to discuss the position, schedule, and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Had to chose a random product and sell it to someone else in the group.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiate

Informational Interview for Company Opportunities Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Employee referral passed my resume in. I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an informational interview about career opportunities I was interested in. Overall it was relaxed and conversational. None of the ridiculous standard interview questions. I was told to apply to certain jobs and email recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk recruiter through my background and resume. Why do you want to work at L.L. Bean? Is there anything else I should know about you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dedham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.L. Bean.

I was called in for a group interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. We were asked what we knew about the company experiences etc. Mostly it was to see how friendly, and well we got along in a group setting.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the interview focused around other notable companies such as Nordstrom, and REI. What makes L.L. Bean able to offer such a generous return policy. Etc.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate being offered a seasonal job.

Low Bay Picking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at L.L. Bean in August 2010.

basic interview, ask what your skills are and then show you videos showing the job in action, if you like ask what your availability is and rate of pay for position, then you maybe sent to employee health for screening.

flat rate of pay for position

Informational Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at L.L. Bean in March 2013.

Very professional. I met with 2 hiring coordinators who tag-teamed my interview (this was not common practice). I felt fortunate, as it was explained that they do not often give these interviews, but I was brought in by a friend.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared for 'what is your favorite product and why?' - I got 'If you could BE a product, what would you be and why?'.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2014.

I submitted an application through their web site and got a phone call from an HR individual about two weeks later. She set up a time for a phone interview. She asked me to take an Excel test and a logical reasoning test. About a week later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two panels of three employees, each. The in-person questions were much more difficult than the phone questions. I received an e-mail a few days later indicating I was not selected for a third round.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Tell me about a risk you have taken. (2) How will your educational background help you with this job?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at L.L. Bean in October 2013.

Applied online and was called in for group interview with a team from management. We were asked to do selling scenario and then advised if we were a good fit for the job. I applied as a seasonal employee.

No negotiation

Worked for L.L. Bean? Contribute to the Community!