L.L. Bean Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L.L. Bean in October 2014.

Straight forward. Fill out an application online, schedule an interview via email. It seems as if they need a lot of people for seasonal positions so you most likely will get an interview. Again, during the interview they ask you all the same questions in a circle and then you have to sell a product to the group at the end. Everyone in my group was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • There were not difficult questions. Straight forward retail mumbo jumbo.   Answer Question

Pay was too low. Hours were not guaranteed.

Summer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Really slow process. Got a first round FaceTime interview in early February and didn't hear back for a second round interview until April. Fortunately, I heard back around a week after my second round interview with an offer. The first round it typically just with an employee from HR while the second round is specifically with people working in the department in which I applied. The employees who interviewed me were all really nice and easy to talk to, and the entire call seemed more like a very flowing conversation than an intense interview. There were no questions that were really unexpected or difficult to answer. One of the best interview experiences I've had!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L.L. Bean in August 2014.

Went in for interview. Was asked to take computer efficiency test. Then was asked a series of questions regarding my experiences in customer service. I was afraid that it would be a group interview, but it was one-on-one with this nice lady. Wasn't a bad experience. All the question were pretty straight forward and were pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of obstacle have you had to overcome with a customer?   Answer Question

Informational Interview for Company Opportunities Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.L. Bean.

Employee referral passed my resume in. I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an informational interview about career opportunities I was interested in. Overall it was relaxed and conversational. None of the ridiculous standard interview questions. I was told to apply to certain jobs and email recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to walk recruiter through my background and resume. Why do you want to work at L.L. Bean? Is there anything else I should know about you?   Answer Question

Seasonal Help Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.L. Bean.

I was called in for a group interview, which lasted about 20 minutes. We were asked what we knew about the company experiences etc. Mostly it was to see how friendly, and well we got along in a group setting.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the interview focused around other notable companies such as Nordstrom, and REI. What makes L.L. Bean able to offer such a generous return policy. Etc.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate being offered a seasonal job.

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L.L. Bean in July 2014.

I received an interview invitation via email from L.L.Bean instructing me to call to schedule an interview. I called the same day and set up an interview for a few days later. The person I spoke with mentioned it would be a group interview. I received an email confirming the interview date. The interview process began with a group meeting where we introduced ourselves and said why we are a good fit to work at L.L.Bean. As a group we discussed different scenarios if we were approached by a customer. We also had to chose a random L.L.Bean product and try to sell it to someone else in the group. After the group interview, we met individually with the managers to discuss the position, schedule, and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Had to chose a random product and sell it to someone else in the group.   Answer Question
    No opportunity to negotiate

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.L. Bean in July 2014.

Interview Questions
    • List the different computer programs you are efficient in   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2014.

I submitted an application through their web site and got a phone call from an HR individual about two weeks later. She set up a time for a phone interview. She asked me to take an Excel test and a logical reasoning test. About a week later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two panels of three employees, each. The in-person questions were much more difficult than the phone questions. I received an e-mail a few days later indicating I was not selected for a third round.

Interview Questions
    • (1) Tell me about a risk you have taken. (2) How will your educational background help you with this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L.L. Bean.

Applied online. was called in and invited for a group interview. After the offer, I had three weeks of training in company core values, customer service, inventory and product lines, computer applications for catalog sales, etc.

Interview Questions
    • we were shown a product from a grab bag and asked to describe it in a way that would help sell it   View Answer

Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at L.L. Bean.

As a rehire seasonal employee it was a very easy process. I received the letter that it was again time to start the hiring and called the number on the paper. I got to the business office and only needed to do the updating of paperwork and checking with the nurse. The nurse checks to make sure that you are able to do what your job asks of you.

Interview Questions
    • New health questions from the nurse. I was not going through the regular interview process because I have been employed there previously   Answer Question
    For seasonal employees like me there are no negotiations except what shifts to work and what date to start. I was working in the same field and wanted the most open shift so it was easy