L.L. Bean Interview Questions in Maine

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.3

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L.L. Bean (South Freeport, ME) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter...phone interview with hiring manager. Flown out to Freeport for an all day panelist format interview. Interviewed with 2-3 people every hour....the panelists consisted of all or a sampling of the team you would be working with. Be prepared to answer how you would fit into the LL Bean culture.

Returns Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in November 2014.

Interview

It is easy to get a job at L.L. Bean! If you have years of experience in the outdoors and can pass on your love of the outdoors through their products.

Interview Questions

• Can I work overtime? Beans frowns on overtime.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation. They offered me a position and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application and attended a group interview with 5 other people. We went around answering questions about the company, its products, etc. We were asked to "sell" an item that was on the table to a customer. Having grown up using the products, this was fairly easy for me, since I just described my experiences using the item and how it had benefited me. At the end of the interview, they asked half of us one by one to come out into the hallway to talk about how it went. Turns out, this is how they get rid of the people they don't want to hire. The rest of us stayed in the room and were told about the steps to take to continue the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L.L. Bean (Bangor, ME) in August 2014.

Interview

The woman conducting the interview was very friendly. It was a very loose and casual experience that made me feel at ease. By far one of my best interview experiences.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable talking on the phone? What shift do you prefer? How are you with computers? Have you ever shopped with L.L.Bean?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in August 2014.

Interview

Went in for interview. Was asked to take computer efficiency test. Then was asked a series of questions regarding my experiences in customer service. I was afraid that it would be a group interview, but it was one-on-one with this nice lady. Wasn't a bad experience. All the question were pretty straight forward and were pretty basic questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of obstacle have you had to overcome with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview Questions

• List the different computer programs you are efficient in   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application through their web site and got a phone call from an HR individual about two weeks later. She set up a time for a phone interview. She asked me to take an Excel test and a logical reasoning test. About a week later I was contacted for an in-person interview with two panels of three employees, each. The in-person questions were much more difficult than the phone questions. I received an e-mail a few days later indicating I was not selected for a third round.

Interview Questions

• (1) Tell me about a risk you have taken. (2) How will your educational background help you with this job?   Answer Question

Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME).

Interview

As a rehire seasonal employee it was a very easy process. I received the letter that it was again time to start the hiring and called the number on the paper. I got to the business office and only needed to do the updating of paperwork and checking with the nurse. The nurse checks to make sure that you are able to do what your job asks of you.

Interview Questions

• New health questions from the nurse. I was not going through the regular interview process because I have been employed there previously   Answer Question

Negotiation

For seasonal employees like me there are no negotiations except what shifts to work and what date to start. I was working in the same field and wanted the most open shift so it was easy

Seasonal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview starts with a group interview. You will do roll playing customer service and selling skill skits. You will answer product questions. They will ask why you want to work for them and what you can offer them. They will ask you questions about the company history and values. It will help to study up on their products using their catalogs which you can have shipped to you for free.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing too difficult. You just need to have a solid understanding of the products they sell and the level of customer service they will expect from you.   Answer Question

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L.L. Bean (Freeport, ME) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick and simple. Was basically hired as soon as I walked through the door.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all easy. Most were common sense questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I applied for a job, got a phone call for an interview appointment. Showed up and within 15 mins I walked out with a new job.