L.L. Bean

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call after submitting an application online. Was a one on one interview with the hiring manager. Simple questions:

1.) What do you know about L.L Bean?
2.) Why do you want to work here?

Interview Question – How do you deal with an unruly customer while ensuring that both L.L Bean and that customer are satisfied in the end?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L.L. Bean.

Interview Details – After submitting an online application (with résumé) I received a call for an in person group interview. It was a very informal interview with about 4 other candidates and one hiring manager where we were asked normal retail questions such as when we went above and beyond for a customer, what drew us to L.L. Bean.

Interview Question – We were asked to assemble a tent as a group, and I believe that how we worked together primarily was what determined if we got a call back.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L.L. Bean in May 2012.

Interview Details – Received a phone call that I was invited to a group interview at a hotel. The new store was not finished yet. The group interview went smoothly with multiple groups running simultaneously. It was a relaxed atmosphere. They made their decisions on the spot. My advice is don't be an over-achiever, that individual in our group did not get an offer.

Interview Question – Put together a tent with the group.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at L.L. Bean

Worked for L.L. Bean? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L.L. Bean Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by L.L. Bean employees and interview candidates.