L'Occitane Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.5

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at L'Occitane in May 2012.

You have to interview with the DM, RM and HR. The process is lengthy and sometimes tedious. They are sometimes face to face or over the phone. The interview with the RM and HR is usually via phone. They ask very generic questions. If you have worked retail and have been a manager in retail then you'll be familiar with the questions. They ask a lot about your comfort level with training and recruiting.

Interview Questions
    • There are not any unexpected questions per say, however, The interview style does vary from person to person.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L'Occitane in February 2012.

I filled out my application out at another store and got a call back the next day to be interviewed at a different location and was ask to come in that week if possible for a one on one interview. I came in and was interviewed by the Store Manager and District Manager. The whole interview process was not very stressful, they were very welcoming and nice. They asked me what did I know about L'Occitane and why did I choose to apply here. Ask general questions about life, and future goals, name a stressful event that has happened and you took control of it. I got a call the next day and was offered the position. Very friendly and fun work environment but they can be very pushy about certain products that they must sell a certain amount weekly.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about the several foundations L'Occitane has founded and support?   View Answer
    Very little room to negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Occitane.

You had to submit application. Then meet with Store Manager. THEN meet with Regional Manager. Then meet with Store manager, again. Way too much for a PTSA.

Retail Sales Interview

Very unprofessional. Called to set up an interview in the middle of the day on a saturday. Unfortunately, was not able to return call right away. When I did return call, I was told due to amount of people responding only phone interviews would be conducted. I was told manager would call back a couple hours later to conduct this phone interview on the same day. So cleared my schedule and waited for our set time at 2:30pm. She never called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Occitane in October 2013.

Initial communication was done with a store manager. I applied for one location and got a phone call from another New York location. I started off seasonal, so the interview process was fairly quick. My interview was with the store manager and then about 2 days later I got a phone call saying to come in and meet the district manager--sort of an orientation and I was able to pick one of a few stores to work at.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything to difficult or unexpected. The questions were typical like "What are some of your most positive characteristics?" and "Where do you see opportunities to improve?", etc.   Answer Question
    I gave an minimum $/hr that I could work with and I was suprised that I got a fairly higher hourly wage than I originally put. I was quite pleased.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Occitane in August 2010.

Had a phone screening with HR, very vague. Marketing director interview was vague, did not challenge me at all, Not that many questions, maybe because English not his first language. Meet the General Manager too, interview was OK.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at L'Occitane in June 2013.

Phone interview. Hiring prosess is a joke. It is no 30 worlds I can say about this company. Lousy people, louse management. Lousy interviews. I would not recommend this company as a workplace to nobody. Training are very lousy, this company are doing everything lousy. I got a phone interview, and was unable to hear anything, the interview was a joke.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Occitane.

I had one phone interview and then met with the store manager. The interview was probably 30 min long and very natural...it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty general questions..nothing really caught me off guard   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

Easy, fast, no silly HR tests

Interview Questions
    • Not really, all the same question you can be asked in retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L'Occitane.

I came in for an application and was interviewed on the spot. I felt like some of my answers were ignored and the manager was more interested in hiring me than what I had to say. After there was a Skype interview with the DM. At this point I forums the DM to be very condescending and considered not accepting the position after my encounter with her. The interview was very unprofessional and disrespectful on the DMs part.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were fairly simple on the surface, but tone, phrasing, and desired answer were a bit tougher to discern   Answer Question

Worked for L'Occitane? Contribute to the Community!