L'Occitane Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.6

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L'Occitane (Tampa, FL).

Interview

First interview is with the DM, then the RM and then Human Resources. It's usually a very quick interview process met with several of the same questions by each person calling you. Typically you will interview over the phone with the RM and HR.

Interview Questions

• Typical retail questions asking about your best customer service experience, coaching and driving results.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Occitane (Whitehall, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a fellow esthetician who worked there part-time. I went into the store with my resume and talked to a manager and then she gave me an application to fill out and scheduled an appointment for an interview that weekend. I went in person for that interview and she loved me so then I went on to do a phone interview with the DM the next week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about loccitane? why do you want to work for them? where do you see yourself in 5 years? what are your favorite products? what products do you use? Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer? Describe a recent good customer service experience? Describe a time you had to deal with a challenge on your own? Why should i choose you over other candidates? How many hours are you looking for ? WHat pay are you interested in? Describe a time you did not get along with a coworker. What do you like about sales? What makes you a good sales person.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at L'Occitane (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The district manager and store manager interviewed me for the assistant manager position. I was informed multiple times by both managers that someone would call me by the end of the day with either a YES or NO and what they liked and I could have worked on. Basically a review of my interview. They never called. When followed up with was told the same thing again! She would get back to me with details...still have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• How is our company so different than others out there?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Occitane (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Standard interview process, phone screening interview, in-person interview with DM, a Skype interview with HR, and another phone interview with the RD. Overall, representatives in upper level management and HR were very professional and were enthusiastic about the company values and mission statement. The questions were your standard interview questions, strengths/weaknesses, why do you want to work for L'Occitane, are you able to work nights/weekends? overtime?, how do you handle difficult situations?

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had a difficult customer? What did you do?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Occitane (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You had to submit application. Then meet with Store Manager. THEN meet with Regional Manager. Then meet with Store manager, again. Way too much for a PTSA.

Part- Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at L'Occitane (Broomfield, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application in person, an application form and resume was required. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward, the manager wanted to know about my previous sales background, examples of certain situations, nothing unusual or difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• I had to role play with the manager so she could see my selling style, after she 'sold' me a product I had to do the same.   Answer Question

Not enough hours were available to me.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at L'Occitane in September 2014.

Interview

I brought a resume and a cover letter to the store and filled out the paper and was scheduled an interview few days later. I had an interview with store manager about 50min. The question was not so complicated. Some of them was like this below.
    What is your passion about working as a sales associate at L'Occitane?
    What will you do if the customer doesn't buy product after touch-up service?
    What is your sales approach for new customer?
    After the interview, I was told to have an phone interview with district manager. On the same day, I had a call from the district manager. She was asking me what I learned from the interview with the store manager or what did I talk with her.

Interview Questions

• What was the advise from an ex-manager when I had a feed back about my work?   Answer Question

They offer me a part-time job. I really wanted to work as a full time worker.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Occitane (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter contacted me 2 weeks later. There was no phone screen, I was asked to come directly into the office. Was not told who (if anybody) I was meeting besides the recruiter. Recruiter was very disorganized and aggressive, interview began 20 minutes late (a big deal when you have to take time off work!) and I was asked to stay later to meet additional people I wasn't expecting.

Red flags: marketing was going through a period of "transition," department seems very short-staffed, the manager I met with did not seem very enthusiastic, there are upcoming "blackout days" where you aren't allowed to take time off between November 20 and a few days before Christmas. I declined further interviews when they called to follow up.

Interview Questions

• Tell us your three greatest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional. Called to set up an interview in the middle of the day on a saturday. Unfortunately, was not able to return call right away. When I did return call, I was told due to amount of people responding only phone interviews would be conducted. I was told manager would call back a couple hours later to conduct this phone interview on the same day. So cleared my schedule and waited for our set time at 2:30pm. She never called.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Occitane in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth. They contact back really fast . They are very nice and make sure that your references are contacted before hiring you so be care on who you put on your resume.