L'Occitane

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

Interviewed at L'Occitane

Interview Details – Easy, fast, no silly HR tests

Interview Question – Not really, all the same question you can be asked in retail.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Keyholder Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – I came in for an application and was interviewed on the spot. I felt like some of my answers were ignored and the manager was more interested in hiring me than what I had to say. After there was a Skype interview with the DM. At this point I forums the DM to be very condescending and considered not accepting the position after my encounter with her. The interview was very unprofessional and disrespectful on the DMs part.

Interview Question – Questions were fairly simple on the surface, but tone, phrasing, and desired answer were a bit tougher to discern   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – 4 interviews. 1 phone interview with DM, 1 interview with DMand RD, 1 follow up interview with dm and 1 with HR. typical interview questions. Asked to demo product. Would have like more questions nased on coaching and building a successful team.

Negotiation Details – A simple pgone call with a return phone call when asked for additional money.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – Interviewed with the district manager, who asked me about my experience and interest in skincare. She then briefly instructed me on a product and how to apply it to a customer's face; I then had to demonstrate the product on the interviewing district manager.

After a few days, I heard back and was offered the position.

Interview Question – Probably demonstrating the product on my interviewer!   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Part Time Sales Associate
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – Interview conducted by store manager. Questions revolve around tasks expected of job which are ability to demonstrate products on clients (hand massage, mini facials). Availability is also discussed (being able to work holidays, weekend, nights and early morning for special occasions).

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Full Time Sales Associate
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – phone interview with 1 assistant manager, a store manager and the district manager. so 3 full interviews, you have to be all about positivity and selling,

Interview Question – none very generic   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – very pleasant and easy

Sales Associate

Interview Details – I didn't require an interview as I was recruited by a manager that had already worked with me. I do remember filling out an application per company requirement however.

Interview Question – I think in any interview the hardest question to answer is always what one of your flaws might be. Like I state previously, though, I was lucky enough to skip the interview phase and go straight to application and training.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Brea, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – Saw job postings on Craigslist. Submitted resume and application online. Had to submit it a few times because the company apparently said that the online process of application gets lost in the shuffle. The hiring process was easy because there is little paperwork except for the legally necessary ones and there was no human resource handbook or company handbook for me to get an idea of what L'Occitane stood for as an employer. It's hard to know what to do when you're not really told what is expected of you as a new member of the team. A very poor and unprofessional interview that really left a perception on the kinds of people this company hires for their managers. Sad but true.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The manager liked to do most of the talking. Especially about herself. A very weak interview that spoke of nothing that was rationally related to what the position entailed and what the company offered. One question was, "Do you have any questions for me?"   View Answer
  • Manager conducting interview: "Where did you used to work before and what did you do there?" The reason this question is intriguing is because in front of the manager was the resume in which I'd submitted and had all of the answers right there. I answered and then the manager realized that I was over qualified so she went on to talk about herself to ensure that it was SHE who was leading this process and kept mentioning the allure of my former employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick. The company pays a bit over minimum wage and after taxes, you make minimum wage.

Very Easy Interview

Holiday Part Time Sales Associate Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview Details – I was hired during a holiday season, so it might have been easier, but my overall experience was good. The person who interviewed me was pleasant and professional. I was hired on the spot.

Interviews for Top Jobs at L'Occitane

Worked for L'Occitane? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L'Occitane interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by L'Occitane employees and interview candidates.