L'Occitane Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.4

Part- Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at L'Occitane (Broomfield, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application in person, an application form and resume was required. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward, the manager wanted to know about my previous sales background, examples of certain situations, nothing unusual or difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• I had to role play with the manager so she could see my selling style, after she 'sold' me a product I had to do the same.   Answer Question

Not enough hours were available to me.

Other Interview Reviews for L'Occitane

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Occitane in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was very smooth. They contact back really fast . They are very nice and make sure that your references are contacted before hiring you so be care on who you put on your resume.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at L'Occitane (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

very easy. applied in craigslist. Then i got call back within 2 days, then I was interviewed by the store manager then the district manager. Later on the day, they called me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• why Loccitane? explain a time you had a stressful customer? what is customer service?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview

I had one phone interview and then met with the store manager. The interview was probably 30 min long and very natural...it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Pretty general questions..nothing really caught me off guard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Occitane (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Interview conducted by store manager. Questions revolve around tasks expected of job which are ability to demonstrate products on clients (hand massage, mini facials). Availability is also discussed (being able to work holidays, weekend, nights and early morning for special occasions).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Occitane (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication was done with a store manager. I applied for one location and got a phone call from another New York location. I started off seasonal, so the interview process was fairly quick. My interview was with the store manager and then about 2 days later I got a phone call saying to come in and meet the district manager--sort of an orientation and I was able to pick one of a few stores to work at.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything to difficult or unexpected. The questions were typical like "What are some of your most positive characteristics?" and "Where do you see opportunities to improve?", etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I gave an minimum $/hr that I could work with and I was suprised that I got a fairly higher hourly wage than I originally put. I was quite pleased.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Occitane (Brea, CA).

Interview

Saw job postings on Craigslist. Submitted resume and application online. Had to submit it a few times because the company apparently said that the online process of application gets lost in the shuffle. The hiring process was easy because there is little paperwork except for the legally necessary ones and there was no human resource handbook or company handbook for me to get an idea of what L'Occitane stood for as an employer. It's hard to know what to do when you're not really told what is expected of you as a new member of the team. A very poor and unprofessional interview that really left a perception on the kinds of people this company hires for their managers. Sad but true.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. The manager liked to do most of the talking. Especially about herself. A very weak interview that spoke of nothing that was rationally related to what the position entailed and what the company offered. One question was, "Do you have any questions for me?"   1 Answer
    • Manager conducting interview: "Where did you used to work before and what did you do there?" The reason this question is intriguing is because in front of the manager was the resume in which I'd submitted and had all of the answers right there. I answered and then the manager realized that I was over qualified so she went on to talk about herself to ensure that it was SHE who was leading this process and kept mentioning the allure of my former employers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick. The company pays a bit over minimum wage and after taxes, you make minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at L'Occitane (Westlake, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Hiring prosess is a joke. It is no 30 worlds I can say about this company. Lousy people, louse management. Lousy interviews. I would not recommend this company as a workplace to nobody. Training are very lousy, this company are doing everything lousy. I got a phone interview, and was unable to hear anything, the interview was a joke.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at L'Occitane (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

It was a group interview. They asked questions like "why l'occiatane?" etc. They talked about the company and gave us some information about the company. They asked about you're skin routine. They wanted to role play and act like an employee and the customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L'Occitane (Miami, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

When I first went for the interview I was supposed to see Area Manager who was unaware that I was there for an interview so I interviewed with an Assistant Manager whose store I would not be working at. The interview was thorough and long and conducted outside in the hot Miami weather. A few days later the Area Manager called me and conducted a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes and she asked basically all the same questions the Assistant Store Manager asked.