L'Occitane Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Occitane in October 2013.

Initial communication was done with a store manager. I applied for one location and got a phone call from another New York location. I started off seasonal, so the interview process was fairly quick. My interview was with the store manager and then about 2 days later I got a phone call saying to come in and meet the district manager--sort of an orientation and I was able to pick one of a few stores to work at.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't anything to difficult or unexpected. The questions were typical like "What are some of your most positive characteristics?" and "Where do you see opportunities to improve?", etc.   Answer Question
I gave an minimum $/hr that I could work with and I was suprised that I got a fairly higher hourly wage than I originally put. I was quite pleased.

Other Interview Reviews for L'Occitane

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westlake, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at L'Occitane in June 2013.

Phone interview. Hiring prosess is a joke. It is no 30 worlds I can say about this company. Lousy people, louse management. Lousy interviews. I would not recommend this company as a workplace to nobody. Training are very lousy, this company are doing everything lousy. I got a phone interview, and was unable to hear anything, the interview was a joke.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Occitane.

I had one phone interview and then met with the store manager. The interview was probably 30 min long and very natural...it felt more like a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty general questions..nothing really caught me off guard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Interview conducted by store manager. Questions revolve around tasks expected of job which are ability to demonstrate products on clients (hand massage, mini facials). Availability is also discussed (being able to work holidays, weekend, nights and early morning for special occasions).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brea, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at L'Occitane.

Saw job postings on Craigslist. Submitted resume and application online. Had to submit it a few times because the company apparently said that the online process of application gets lost in the shuffle. The hiring process was easy because there is little paperwork except for the legally necessary ones and there was no human resource handbook or company handbook for me to get an idea of what L'Occitane stood for as an employer. It's hard to know what to do when you're not really told what is expected of you as a new member of the team. A very poor and unprofessional interview that really left a perception on the kinds of people this company hires for their managers. Sad but true.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. The manager liked to do most of the talking. Especially about herself. A very weak interview that spoke of nothing that was rationally related to what the position entailed and what the company offered. One question was, "Do you have any questions for me?"   View Answer
    • Manager conducting interview: "Where did you used to work before and what did you do there?" The reason this question is intriguing is because in front of the manager was the resume in which I'd submitted and had all of the answers right there. I answered and then the manager realized that I was over qualified so she went on to talk about herself to ensure that it was SHE who was leading this process and kept mentioning the allure of my former employers.   Answer Question
    Quick. The company pays a bit over minimum wage and after taxes, you make minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at L'Occitane in July 2011.

It was a group interview. They asked questions like "why l'occiatane?" etc. They talked about the company and gave us some information about the company. They asked about you're skin routine. They wanted to role play and act like an employee and the customer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L'Occitane in August 2008.

When I first went for the interview I was supposed to see Area Manager who was unaware that I was there for an interview so I interviewed with an Assistant Manager whose store I would not be working at. The interview was thorough and long and conducted outside in the hot Miami weather. A few days later the Area Manager called me and conducted a phone interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes and she asked basically all the same questions the Assistant Store Manager asked.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at L'Occitane.

I walked in and dropped my resume to the manager. i got call back few hours ago and had an interview with the manager. The interview was long and she basically asked some information about my previous work experience and my personality

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Occitane in October 2012.

Applied in store by leaving a resume as there was no applications available the day I was in. A few days later I got a call from the store manager. We had a brief interview over the phone where she asked about my skincare routine and what I thought good customer service was. She asked me to come in to meet her and go through a few more things about what the job would require as well as fill out an application since I didnt before.

After the initial interview with the store manager, i was scheduled for an interview with the District Manager which was a phone interview. We talked for about half hour, where she asked me about my knowledge of skincare and about my routine, then she asked me about customer service and what it means to me. The last questions she asked me were to tell her about a time where I was part of a team that made an achievement, as well as a time where i faced a challenge at work and how I overcame it.

10 minutes after my interview with the district manager I got a call from the store manager saying i got the job. I was told i had to wait for my references to go through and in the meantime to come in and fill out a new hire pack so i can get an employee number to start my training next week.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions asked were fairly standard. They do ask a lot about your skincare regime as they told me they prefer someone with knowledge of skincare routines so they can better address the products.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

I went through three interviews. One was over the phone, the second was with the store manager, and the last was with the regional manager. They asked all of your standard questions, but seemed really flexible about the answers. I think that they just want to make sure that you can present yourself well, and be someone that people want to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation at a previous job and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Worked for L'Occitane? Contribute to the Community!