L'Oréal

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Product Manager
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview was over the phone where general questions about my experience were asked. A meet-up is then scheduled to explore my experience in depth. This is where you meet with a the person you will report to along with the HR recruiter who will coordinate the interview and ensure that you are fit for the role.

Interview Question – General Perception of the company's different brands offered in the market. Then you are asked about the more specific brands that you would be work on and how you would postion it and market it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – junior positions all have the same base salary and it is non-negotiable.

Bucharest (Romania)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring process was done in the first step through an assesment center that was very centered on creativity and critical decisions. After the assesment center there were 2 interviews that were rather classic with the direct supervisor and the division director.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was not possible.

Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for an internship at L'Oreal Paris. Was first contacted by the HR assistant to schedule an appt with the HR Manager. 2 weeks after, I have in for the interview. All I have to say is be prepared, know everything about their products (personality of the differents brands, specificity of the brand, what product for what king of women,...). Be ready to be asked questions about technology and new way to reach out customers, new and innovative packaging. But as the HR manager says, to win an interview it is 50% about personality and 50% about competences. One of the best internship I have done, "best marketing school" in my book!

Interview Question – Describe each woman behind those 3 brands?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As mentioned above, it was an internship, so every intern gets the same amount of money however, students with or without a master (those who have not graduated from college) are not paid the same.

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!