L'Oréal Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long and drawn out

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little to no negotiation, it is an entry level position.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communications were smooth. One phone conversation with HR asking about my year of studies, program, return to school following the internship, etc. Second call was a phone interview with HR which they conduct to basically get to know the candidate and decide whether they have a "mind for marketing".

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in ten years?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Interview Details – Took part in the Reveal Business Game. Got top 10 based on the score and got and interview with an HR. Interviewed through Skype. The HR was very nice and asked regular questions. Didn't get the offer but I will try again next year. The only thing disappointed me is that they didn't give me any feedback as I requested.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

National Educator Interview

National Educator
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in June 2012.

Interview Details – 1st Interview - Head of HR, general questions via Skype
2nd Interview - VP via telephone
3rd Interview - In person, delivered an educational presentation

Interview Question – I don't recall encountering any questions that were particularly challenging   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The compensation package was not near what I was expecting. They were WAY too low.

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Interview Details – Brandstorm marketing competition

Interview Question – entire business case   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – fair

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Interview Details – 3 interviews:
1st - HR: General questions about my CV and experiences. Interview lasted 30-45 mins.
2nd - Marketing Director: Had to prepare two 10 minute presentations prior to the interview. (What is your brand? and What brand do you want to work for?). Behavioral questions after the presentations. Interview lasted one hour.
3rd - VP: General personality questions. Much more conversational than the other interviews. Interview lasted 1.5 hours.

The entire process took one month.

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I was pleased with the original offer.

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in October 2012.

Interview Details – Handed in a resume at a career fair and then I was called for an interview.

Interview Question – What type of male uses this type of Fructis hair gel? Then walk me through a day in his life.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, later was called for an interview. The process itself didn't actually take that long, 2 weeks max

Interview Question – The interviewer showed me a cream bottle and told me to come up with a pitch to market it to a consumer.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Interview Details – there is a 3 pronged interview
first with your direct support , then with Human Resources and final with VP.
The culture is handle the work load an always perform with minimal complaints
this is not a teach environment they do not want you to learn on their dollar so you need to have prior experience

Interview Question – questions will be based on your knowledge of the retail business and how you impacted sales results and developed the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the offer is always competitive but you can negotiate vacation based on your current vacation earned at a previous employer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of two interviews. Didn't get past the first Interview, the interviewer asked very difficult questions. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT and WHY YOU WANT it, is the best advice I can give.

Interview Question – Why did you chose to study at your University? (Wasn't prepared for it)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at L'Oréal Canada

Worked for L'Oréal Canada? Contribute to the Community!