L'Oréal Canada Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

3.2

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in January 2014.

Two interviews. One with HR and the other one with the PCO. A third interview was expected but never happened.
    I've seen the Humand Ressoure manager first... She was really nice and friendly. She asked me some quesitons about myself and salary expectation.
    After that I met with the PCO and senior business analyst...The interview wast mostly in english which is not my primary language...I tried my best but it wasn't good enough.

Interview Questions
    • They noticed in my resume that I volunteer for a cause and thew wanted to know more about that... Didn't kno what to say...   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in October 2013.

Initial communications were smooth. One phone conversation with HR asking about my year of studies, program, return to school following the internship, etc. Second call was a phone interview with HR which they conduct to basically get to know the candidate and decide whether they have a "mind for marketing".

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in ten years?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Took part in the Reveal Business Game. Got top 10 based on the score and got and interview with an HR. Interviewed through Skype. The HR was very nice and asked regular questions. Didn't get the offer but I will try again next year. The only thing disappointed me is that they didn't give me any feedback as I requested.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Brandstorm marketing competition

fair

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

3 interviews:
    1st - HR: General questions about my CV and experiences. Interview lasted 30-45 mins.
    2nd - Marketing Director: Had to prepare two 10 minute presentations prior to the interview. (What is your brand? and What brand do you want to work for?). Behavioral questions after the presentations. Interview lasted one hour.
    3rd - VP: General personality questions. Much more conversational than the other interviews. Interview lasted 1.5 hours.

The entire process took one month.

I didn't negotiate because I was pleased with the original offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

there is a 3 pronged interview
    first with your direct support , then with Human Resources and final with VP.
    The culture is handle the work load an always perform with minimal complaints
    this is not a teach environment they do not want you to learn on their dollar so you need to have prior experience

Interview Questions
    • questions will be based on your knowledge of the retail business and how you impacted sales results and developed the team.   Answer Question
    the offer is always competitive but you can negotiate vacation based on your current vacation earned at a previous employer

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada.

Interview process consists of two interviews. Didn't get past the first Interview, the interviewer asked very difficult questions. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT and WHY YOU WANT it, is the best advice I can give.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose to study at your University? (Wasn't prepared for it)   Answer Question

General Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in November 2012.

Applied through a career fair held by a university in Montreal. Got a call about a month later asking me to come in for a one-hour behavioural interview. Asked general marketing case questions and behavioural questions during the interview - the interviewer was very friendly. Didn't get another interview, but very politely declined via letter I received in the mail two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important things you need to discuss with a vendor when marketing your product?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in October 2012.

Handed in a resume at a career fair and then I was called for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What type of male uses this type of Fructis hair gel? Then walk me through a day in his life.   Answer Question

Assistant Production Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal Canada in August 2012.

Spoke with employees at a job fair. They called me to give me an interview. The first round was behavioural, and very intense. They want to see how you react under pressure. The second round is a little more relaxed and you meet with other employees and you discuss your goals and where you see yourself in the company.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a basket of products and told me to pick one. Then they asked me to throw an event for the product and   View Answer

Worked for L'Oréal Canada? Contribute to the Community!