L'Oréal Interview Questions in France

Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

I've met a HR during a recruiting event at my school. Few days later, I've received an invitation to an Assessment Center with other candidates. Then I was contacted by the HR I've firstly met to an individual interview. Finally I met the Digital Marketing Director.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 minutes to pick 2 pictures (among around 50) to describe yourself   Answer Question

Internship-Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal.

I applied online for multiple positions for marketing internships. After 2 weeks we set up an interview on the phone. First interview was individual and it was with HR who is responsible for marketing requirement. If the first interview is successful second interview takes place with Marketing Director of the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Let's assume that you are hired. After two years what are we discussing about together for your personal development? What do you ask from me for your development in the company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lyon (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyon (France)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2014.

It was a basic on campus interview with 1 HR from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a resent cosmetic product that surprised you the most.   Answer Question
    it's just the first interview, there should be more if one succeed in this one.

MBA Global Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lauzun (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lauzun (France)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

L'Oreal hand picked those they wish to interview within the MBA program. They did not open for applications. First, the HR Director gave us a presentation about the company, showing numbers, and describing a lot about the culture. Second, there was a fit interview with her, the director. The interview was very straightforward, with questions about our background and expectations. A few curve balls were thrown, but nothing super difficult. That was pretty much the process, fit interviews all the way with different people within the company. What really threw me off was their lack of professionalism, many of the interviewers were very snob/arrogant (even more then McKinsey!), but in a "Devil wears Prada" kind of way. But the worse part was that If they decide you are rejected, they simply stops replying to your emails. A few candidates received a rejection email, and others nothing. They just never heard from them again. I expected more from a world class company.

Interview Questions
    • What is beauty for you?
      What is your definition of art?
        View Answer

Intern Interview

It was an interview on campus about motivations to enter the marketing department, in a luxury brand and how the corporate strategy applies to L'Oréal licenses

Interview Questions
    • How are the brand kernel values of Lancome different from the YSL' ones ?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Compiègne (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compiègne (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2012.

Assesment center for production and supply chain roles. (No dress code but everyone wears suits and dresses generally)
    Between 20 to 25 people were participating.
    There were 3 stages for the assesment center, the first one was a common writen test, including small technical questions like a short MRP (for the supply chain role), the second was a group activity describing products and images gathered on a table and the third was to form three different groups of people, one group for the prodution team, one for the marketing team and one for the management team to begin a roleplay activity where each group had to defend their own stances (The marketing team had to convince the management team they would sell many products, the production team had to agree with marketing on a solution and the management team had to analyse the situation and arrive to an agreement) then a situation was presented (the situation presented to us was to convince management that a new product would sell thousands of units and the production team had a problem with their main line)

Finally, a personal feedback was given and two people were chosen for further interviews (2 interviews after that which questions about the motivation and previous experiences)

By the way, the assesment center is generally in another city than Paris but L'Oréal takes care of all the expenses

Interview Questions
    • Technical question about supply chain in my last interview with who would have been my responsible, the question was about a problem regarding stocks, and how to know where stocks where in a supply chain ine at a given time if no information could be obtained from the main warehouse and the subsidiaries.   View Answer
    Very direct, I was presented with a contract, and between many other enterprises in Paris, L'Oréal is one of the most interesting ones in terms of salary and benefits (including 50% off transportation title, reductions on the cafeteria and the restaurant, free acces to the gym and doctors, free vans parting from specific spots in Paris.)

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in October 2012.

I Applied for an internship through the career section online. Several Marketing Intern positions for different brands were offered. I applied for a couple of them.
    After a few weeks I was contacted by HR and they scheduled a phone interview.
    The recruiter was very friendly and led me through the conversation very well. Compared to other 1st -step phone interviews this one was quite long and very detailed already.
    The questions mostly expected and typical interview questions. For example:
    - Describe yourself and your background.
    - Describe your favourite project or experience during your previous internship.
    - Why do you want to work in Marketing?
    - Why do you want to work for L'Oreal? What is your interest in the cosmetics industry?

Interview Questions
    • At the time of the interview I did not know for which brand/product group I might be considered. Some questions about a smaller, less known brand were really detailed (distribution, packaging, pricing, image, target group, etc.)
      Be prepared for detailed questions about any of the brands.
        Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2012.

it was a two-round interview, the first was group interview with 6 candidates that lasts for 4 hours, the second was a

Interview Questions
    • choose a photo from the pool and based on which you describe your characters   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2012.

Two interviews: one with the HR manager and the other with the Brand Manager and the Brand Director. Very basic questions about previous internships and academic background. The second interview's questions were more personality based.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you won the lottery?   View Answer
    none

Learning for Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2011.

Hiring process is relatively fast. You get one phone interview after which you have 2-5 face to face interviews on average. First one is always with HR person and the rest (the number can vary) are with direct managers who has open positions. If they consider you a great candidate but manager considered that you don't fit to this particular position you meet other managers. As soon as you fit - you are very welcome.

The style of interview is usually very positive and qualitative. Very important to have a cultural fit, I would say even a bit more important than specific competences. In general, it's very positive in a sense that you are not being tested like in consulting or banks;

Interview Questions
    • Tell the situation from your previous experience when you had to manage complexity.   Answer Question
    Usually they have a worldwide policy which does not give big flexibility to negotiate except for very experienced recruits for top positions

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!