L'Oréal

Updated Dec 1, 2014

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Went through a 3 step interview process. First part was an easy phone interview as to why you thought L'Oreal was a good company fit. From there I was called back for a 3 panel interview session at the L'Oreal headquarters in NY. They did a group field test, along with a 2 on one interview to decide whether they would hire you for an internship.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Went to an info session at my campus and gave the recruiter my resume. After a few months I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The interview questions were pretty standard. "Why do you want to work for L'Oreal" "What is a challenging situation you faced and how did you overcome it"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Just know your resume well.   Answer Question
    Don't typically negotiate for an internship

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2014.

I applied on the online platform and was called for a physical interview in less than a week. In the interview I was asked to choose a picture among about 30 I was given and to describe myself based on it.

Interview Questions
    • Given that I had a project of setting up a business in the future, I was asked what I could contribute to the Group L'Oréal.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

The interview was pretty fast. First, I was interviewed by the HR associate, who asked things about the usual interview stuff - background, why choose L'Oreal, ability to work with others. The next person who interviewed me was the hiring manager, so more specific questions like experience related to the field of the project.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a particular project in the past and how did you go about solving it (step by step)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal in March 2014.

It Was a group assessment. The assessment was divided into two parts. I'm the first part we were required to introduce ourselves and then we were given some images, colours, scissors ecc, in order to do a creative representation of our life, to be explained to the rest of he group. The interviewed then stepped in and asked a question.
    In the second part of the assessment, we were required to solve a case all together. The case involved deciding were a multinational company had to open a new cafe: Milan or Rome? After a decision was taken, one person had to explained to the presumed CEO (the interviewer) the reason why the group had decided for that location.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in August 2013.

Applied in August. Received a call within a few days. I was informed about the phone interview the next day. After 4 days of the phone interview, I received a call for the one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • I told them I spoke a little Chinese and was then asked to introduce myself in Chinese   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Go through HR, followed by interview by the various brand managers. Interview with brand managers were conducted all in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what is your ambitions in the beauty industry or/ what is the seven deadly sins that will cause your downfall and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Oréal.

- Application online
    - Phone Interview
    - Group Panel
    - 1:1 Interview with HR
    - 1:1 Interview with Potential Tutor

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me how you would manage the launch of "this" product in our market, telling me how you would decide the price, the channels and everything connected with it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2013.

The campus recruitment process starts from the two competitions L'Oreal holds annually--Brandstrom and Reveal. As long as you're one of the contestants, you will be able to submit your CV to the HR team. After the screening, there will be a day when all candidates come together and have a small case presentation. After that, preferable candidates will be interviewed by 1 or 2 managers, and get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you choose to do this job rather than staying at your own business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2013.

Working group for a business case before a single creative presentation.
    After that the line manager presented the firm and engaged the groups with some questions