L'Oréal

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Went through a 3 step interview process. First part was an easy phone interview as to why you thought L'Oreal was a good company fit. From there I was called back for a 3 panel interview session at the L'Oreal headquarters in NY. They did a group field test, along with a 2 on one interview to decide whether they would hire you for an internship.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Clichy (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2011.

Interview Details – - First interview including role plays and case studies (totally 4 hours) took place at my French business school
- Second and last interview was only a phone interview with two Project Managers at Operational Marketing: the purpose was only to collaborate more on my previous professional experience

Interview Question – - Case study was a little bit difficult with a lot of calculations to do within around one hour   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2014.

Interview Details – It Was a group assessment. The assessment was divided into two parts. I'm the first part we were required to introduce ourselves and then we were given some images, colours, scissors ecc, in order to do a creative representation of our life, to be explained to the rest of he group. The interviewed then stepped in and asked a question.
In the second part of the assessment, we were required to solve a case all together. The case involved deciding were a multinational company had to open a new cafe: Milan or Rome? After a decision was taken, one person had to explained to the presumed CEO (the interviewer) the reason why the group had decided for that location.

Interview Question – When will you be profitable ? (In the case)   Answer Question

Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2013.

Interview Details – The campus recruitment process starts from the two competitions L'Oreal holds annually--Brandstrom and Reveal. As long as you're one of the contestants, you will be able to submit your CV to the HR team. After the screening, there will be a day when all candidates come together and have a small case presentation. After that, preferable candidates will be interviewed by 1 or 2 managers, and get the offer.

Interview Question – Why do you choose to do this job rather than staying at your own business?   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2013.

Interview Details – One group interview and two single interview

Interview Question – Analysis of the products   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in August. Received a call within a few days. I was informed about the phone interview the next day. After 4 days of the phone interview, I received a call for the one on one interview.

Interview Question – I told them I spoke a little Chinese and was then asked to introduce myself in Chinese   View Answer

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2013.

Interview Details – Working group for a business case before a single creative presentation.
After that the line manager presented the firm and engaged the groups with some questions

Interview Question – The business case was not easy   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Go through HR, followed by interview by the various brand managers. Interview with brand managers were conducted all in the same day.

Interview Question – Tell me what is your ambitions in the beauty industry or/ what is the seven deadly sins that will cause your downfall and why?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – - Application online
- Phone Interview
- Group Panel
- 1:1 Interview with HR
- 1:1 Interview with Potential Tutor

Interview Question – Please tell me how you would manage the launch of "this" product in our market, telling me how you would decide the price, the channels and everything connected with it.   Answer Question

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – It was an interview on campus about motivations to enter the marketing department, in a luxury brand and how the corporate strategy applies to L'Oréal licenses

Interview Question – How are the brand kernel values of Lancome different from the YSL' ones ?   Answer Question

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!