L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Oréal (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was a 15 min group interview. Three candidates and three recruiters. First, each candidate talked about their previous experience and then each recruiter asked a specific for the candidates to answer. Some of the questions were specific about the background of the candidate others were about management skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you think (a program they pick from the candidate's previous experience) would work in L'Oreal? Why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Went through a recruiter.
    Quick turn around. The entire process took about a month, if that. Standard, easy interview questions. 3 or 4 interviews but they were accommodating with time and date.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I was firstly contacted with the recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. No technical questions. Just talk about my experience briefly and she asked me how long can I work in US. Then I was scheduled an phone interview with a manager. The second phone interview took about 25 mins. No math or logical questions. Just asked very general resume questions and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Your research experience. Why choose Loreal. Do you want to stay in US or go back to China. What is your advantage. etc.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Interview

The interview overall was a pretty good process. The human resources department got back to you pretty quickly. Interview was by phone and the phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. Brief to the point. Come prepared and you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about what I worked on at my university.   Answer Question

Graphic Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Oréal (Commerce, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I actually interviewed at NYX Cosmetics (under the L'Oreal brand umbrella). I was called in for an hour interview through 24 Seven Talent. The position was a freelance to staff position with estimated transition of 1- 5 months depending on the fit. I met with the hiring manager within a week of applying and then was asked to meet with the AVP about 3/4 into the interview. The interview went really smooth -- I hit it off with both interviewers. I was offered the position a few hours after my interview and was asked to start a little over a week after, so they would have time to order my computer.

Interview Questions

• What were my day-to-day responsibilities at my last job.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Brief phone Interviews with recruiter and hiring manager. Third step was an on site interview with a presentation and technical questions. Still waiting to hear back from them. Seems like they are taking their own time interviewing several candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can you adapt the life of a fast pace work environment?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of multiple steps. First, you submit your application online. Second, you will be contacted for a phone interview (it only lasts about 15 minutes) if they are interested in you. The interview revolves around behavioral questions and every person receives different questions for the most part. About a week later, you will hear back regarding whether or not you advance to the final round, 'A Taste of L'Oreal' in which the company will fly you out to NYC.

In NYC, everything is kicked up about 50 notches. The first night includes networking with people who work at the company (they even brought the CEO to talk to us, which was a pretty amazing experience). The second day (and most intense day), consists of an all day case study. If you apply for CPD, there is a winning team, however, there isn't a winning team for the other divisions.

On the final day, you go in for an interview (2 on 1). One person is from HR and the other is from your department. Most questions are focused on the case study you did the day before, with a couple of behavioral questions. This interview will last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview question: What is a recent purchase you made that you regret and why?   Answer Question

Interview

Series of 4 interviews. All pretty standard. Asked me why the company and position? Also asked about my strengths/weaknesses and how I handled conflict. Process was a phone screening then in-person interviews with hiring manager and also with HR

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

On site interview. Process took about 30 minutes. Two on one interview. Most questions were about resume. One person asked a list of behavioral questions while the other scribed. Questions were expected. Nothing was surprising.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online. Got a scheduled phone interview shortly. The phone interview was unexpectedly short and took less than 5 minutes. Most questions are about the cosmetics/skincare industry, nothing about resume.

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions on the current trend of marketing of luxury cosmetics/skincare industry? What do you see as an effective marketing campaign of luxury cosmetics/skincare brands?   Answer Question