L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of multiple steps. First, you submit your application online. Second, you will be contacted for a phone interview (it only lasts about 15 minutes) if they are interested in you. The interview revolves around behavioral questions and every person receives different questions for the most part. About a week later, you will hear back regarding whether or not you advance to the final round, 'A Taste of L'Oreal' in which the company will fly you out to NYC.

In NYC, everything is kicked up about 50 notches. The first night includes networking with people who work at the company (they even brought the CEO to talk to us, which was a pretty amazing experience). The second day (and most intense day), consists of an all day case study. If you apply for CPD, there is a winning team, however, there isn't a winning team for the other divisions.

On the final day, you go in for an interview (2 on 1). One person is from HR and the other is from your department. Most questions are focused on the case study you did the day before, with a couple of behavioral questions. This interview will last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview question: What is a recent purchase you made that you regret and why?   Answer Question

Interview

Series of 4 interviews. All pretty standard. Asked me why the company and position? Also asked about my strengths/weaknesses and how I handled conflict. Process was a phone screening then in-person interviews with hiring manager and also with HR

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

On site interview. Process took about 30 minutes. Two on one interview. Most questions were about resume. One person asked a list of behavioral questions while the other scribed. Questions were expected. Nothing was surprising.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online. Got a scheduled phone interview shortly. The phone interview was unexpectedly short and took less than 5 minutes. Most questions are about the cosmetics/skincare industry, nothing about resume.

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions on the current trend of marketing of luxury cosmetics/skincare industry? What do you see as an effective marketing campaign of luxury cosmetics/skincare brands?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

L'Oreal really treats its potential interns like royalty. The effort that is put into the Taste of L'Oreal weekend event truly proves how much L'Oreal values their interns and how passionate and welcoming the L'Oreal team is. The Taste of L'Oreal event is a great learning experience even if an internship is not offered.

Interview Questions

• The 7 Hour Case study was intimidating. However, I did have a significant amount of fun during the process and really bonded with the other candidates.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Applied online. Next step is prescreen phone interview with a recruiter. These are mostly behavioral. The next step is a Taste of L'Oreal which is a 2 day case competition. This is supposedly very intense and involved. I am not sure about this step because I didn't make it that far.

Interview Questions

• What is a product that you have been either very satisfied or unsatisfied with. Why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Complicated and disorganized. Waited in lobby for 45 minutes. No offering of water or coffee. Had to call for next steps when told I would be brought back for round two interviews.Not very personable. No smiling . Hand shale like a fish.

Global Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

standard email and phone call process. went in to interview at 5th ave location with head of department. was asked about my goals, and familiarity with market analysis. was asked about specific products.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

email contract and salary negotiation

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (San Juan, PR) in May 2014.

Interview

I was upgrated from my inter position.
    Close, friendly and confident ambient.
    1:1 experience interview proccess
    Easy and short
    Questions about my last position and what I expected for the new position.
    Secure and confidence

Small offer but, accepted at the moment.

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through university and 2 weeks later set up a brief phone screen with HR. From there, I was invited to come to the Taste of L'oreal weekend. The weekend included a full day where you work with a team on a "problem" as observers take notes. There was also a 2-on-1 interview where they as questions similar to the HR phone screen as well as more in-depth questions. Difficult interview because of the nerve-wrecking process. Taste of L'oreal is weekend-long interview, the interviewers were really nice, but it got pretty stressful at times.

Interview Questions

• During 2-on-1, they asked questions about how you would go about marketing a certain product to a specific population.   Answer Question