L'Oréal

L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

3.1

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied online. Got a scheduled phone interview shortly. The phone interview was unexpectedly short and took less than 5 minutes. Most questions are about the cosmetics/skincare industry, nothing about resume.

Interview Questions
    • What are your opinions on the current trend of marketing of luxury cosmetics/skincare industry? What do you see as an effective marketing campaign of luxury cosmetics/skincare brands?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

L'Oreal really treats its potential interns like royalty. The effort that is put into the Taste of L'Oreal weekend event truly proves how much L'Oreal values their interns and how passionate and welcoming the L'Oreal team is. The Taste of L'Oreal event is a great learning experience even if an internship is not offered.

Interview Questions
    • The 7 Hour Case study was intimidating. However, I did have a significant amount of fun during the process and really bonded with the other candidates.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied online. Next step is prescreen phone interview with a recruiter. These are mostly behavioral. The next step is a Taste of L'Oreal which is a 2 day case competition. This is supposedly very intense and involved. I am not sure about this step because I didn't make it that far.

Interview Questions
    • What is a product that you have been either very satisfied or unsatisfied with. Why?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Complicated and disorganized. Waited in lobby for 45 minutes. No offering of water or coffee. Had to call for next steps when told I would be brought back for round two interviews.Not very personable. No smiling . Hand shale like a fish.

Global Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at L'Oréal.

standard email and phone call process. went in to interview at 5th ave location with head of department. was asked about my goals, and familiarity with market analysis. was asked about specific products.

Interview Questions
    email contract and salary negotiation

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in May 2014.

I was upgrated from my inter position.
    Close, friendly and confident ambient.
    1:1 experience interview proccess
    Easy and short
    Questions about my last position and what I expected for the new position.
    Secure and confidence

Small offer but, accepted at the moment.

Marketing Intern Interview

Applied through university and 2 weeks later set up a brief phone screen with HR. From there, I was invited to come to the Taste of L'oreal weekend. The weekend included a full day where you work with a team on a "problem" as observers take notes. There was also a 2-on-1 interview where they as questions similar to the HR phone screen as well as more in-depth questions. Difficult interview because of the nerve-wrecking process. Taste of L'oreal is weekend-long interview, the interviewers were really nice, but it got pretty stressful at times.

Interview Questions
    • During 2-on-1, they asked questions about how you would go about marketing a certain product to a specific population.   Answer Question

Retail Design Manager Interview

Coming from the competition, the process of recruitment was quite easy

Negotiation on the salary

Creative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interviewed on a Friday evening, hired by Monday morning. Spoke directly to the Vice President of Creative Services, DMI aka the creative director, and she wanted to know my employment history. I was working directly under her and thought she was cool and very talented, so I was excited. But when the job begun I realized why the previous girl had quit. Nok was extremely disorganized and provided little training. It was difficult.

My agency handled the specifics. 24/7 Talent.

Intern Interview

Went through a 3 step interview process. First part was an easy phone interview as to why you thought L'Oreal was a good company fit. From there I was called back for a 3 panel interview session at the L'Oreal headquarters in NY. They did a group field test, along with a 2 on one interview to decide whether they would hire you for an internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question