L'Oréal

128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Marketing Interview

Global Marketing

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – standard email and phone call process. went in to interview at 5th ave location with head of department. was asked about my goals, and familiarity with market analysis. was asked about specific products.

Interview Question – specific product analysis of certain L'Oreal items   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – email contract and salary negotiation

Very Difficult Interview

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview - Why do want to work for L'oreal? - it is a private sector so hard to say if they expect you to get CPA. I didn't know how to answer questions regarding public or private sector; if you tell them you almost have CPA then they may not like it because you may apply to "big four" after completing summer internship. Hard to answer why not public accounting, and why in particular you want to go private accounting with L'oreal..! especially if you have good grades, mine is 3.94 - Rutgers.

Interview Question – many behavioral questions and private - public sector why... Loreal   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Applied through university and 2 weeks later set up a brief phone screen with HR. From there, I was invited to come to the Taste of L'oreal weekend. The weekend included a full day where you work with a team on a "problem" as observers take notes. There was also a 2-on-1 interview where they as questions similar to the HR phone screen as well as more in-depth questions. Difficult interview because of the nerve-wrecking process. Taste of L'oreal is weekend-long interview, the interviewers were really nice, but it got pretty stressful at times.

Interview Question – During 2-on-1, they asked questions about how you would go about marketing a certain product to a specific population.   Answer Question

Retail Design Manager Interview

Retail Design Manager

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Coming from the competition, the process of recruitment was quite easy

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation on the salary

Creative Services Coordinator Interview

Creative Services Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Interviewed on a Friday evening, hired by Monday morning. Spoke directly to the Vice President of Creative Services, DMI aka the creative director, and she wanted to know my employment history. I was working directly under her and thought she was cool and very talented, so I was excited. But when the job begun I realized why the previous girl had quit. Nok was extremely disorganized and provided little training. It was difficult.

Negotiation Details – My agency handled the specifics. 24/7 Talent.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Went through a 3 step interview process. First part was an easy phone interview as to why you thought L'Oreal was a good company fit. From there I was called back for a 3 panel interview session at the L'Oreal headquarters in NY. They did a group field test, along with a 2 on one interview to decide whether they would hire you for an internship.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – 3 hours, group interview and individual exercises.

Group consisted of negotiating with fellow interviewees while interviewers watch. This involved coming to a decision as part of a team for funding for a "cause" I was given.

Individual consisted of being asked to launch a new product and marketing campaign for Boots and then give a presentation using Flip boards.

Also a one on one 30 minute competency based interview with HR.

Interview Question – SWOT on a product given to you during interview   Answer Question

Color Educator Interview

Color Educator
New York, NY

I interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had to pay my own way to interview for the position, which was expensive. You have to preform in front of management a sample of a color class.

Interview Question – What makes you a better colorist than the others out there?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. They tell you what they pay, you accept or you don't.

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – CV based questions

Interview Question – Comparing L'oreal with other companies   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had the first interview last week. The interview was took at the campus. Most of the questions are about my experience and background on my resume. This no very difficult question. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes.

Interview Question – There is no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at L'Oréal

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!

L'Oréal Videos

L'Oréal – Why Work for Us?

At L’Oréal we empower people who are ready to take bets, think out of the box, defend their convictions, be resilient and leave their own mark. They are offered early responsibilities, numerous opportunities and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L'Oréal interview questions and advice. All 128 interview reviews posted anonymously by L'Oréal employees and interview candidates.