L'Oréal

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

3.1

Manager Interview

Complicated and disorganized. Waited in lobby for 45 minutes. No offering of water or coffee. Had to call for next steps when told I would be brought back for round two interviews.Not very personable. No smiling . Hand shale like a fish.

Global Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at L'Oréal.

standard email and phone call process. went in to interview at 5th ave location with head of department. was asked about my goals, and familiarity with market analysis. was asked about specific products.

Interview Questions
    email contract and salary negotiation

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in May 2014.

I was upgrated from my inter position.
    Close, friendly and confident ambient.
    1:1 experience interview proccess
    Easy and short
    Questions about my last position and what I expected for the new position.
    Secure and confidence

Small offer but, accepted at the moment.

Marketing Intern Interview

Applied through university and 2 weeks later set up a brief phone screen with HR. From there, I was invited to come to the Taste of L'oreal weekend. The weekend included a full day where you work with a team on a "problem" as observers take notes. There was also a 2-on-1 interview where they as questions similar to the HR phone screen as well as more in-depth questions. Difficult interview because of the nerve-wrecking process. Taste of L'oreal is weekend-long interview, the interviewers were really nice, but it got pretty stressful at times.

Interview Questions
    • During 2-on-1, they asked questions about how you would go about marketing a certain product to a specific population.   Answer Question

Retail Design Manager Interview

Coming from the competition, the process of recruitment was quite easy

Negotiation on the salary

Creative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interviewed on a Friday evening, hired by Monday morning. Spoke directly to the Vice President of Creative Services, DMI aka the creative director, and she wanted to know my employment history. I was working directly under her and thought she was cool and very talented, so I was excited. But when the job begun I realized why the previous girl had quit. Nok was extremely disorganized and provided little training. It was difficult.

My agency handled the specifics. 24/7 Talent.

Intern Interview

Went through a 3 step interview process. First part was an easy phone interview as to why you thought L'Oreal was a good company fit. From there I was called back for a 3 panel interview session at the L'Oreal headquarters in NY. They did a group field test, along with a 2 on one interview to decide whether they would hire you for an internship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

3 hours, group interview and individual exercises.

Group consisted of negotiating with fellow interviewees while interviewers watch. This involved coming to a decision as part of a team for funding for a "cause" I was given.

Individual consisted of being asked to launch a new product and marketing campaign for Boots and then give a presentation using Flip boards.

Also a one on one 30 minute competency based interview with HR.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Phone interview - Why do want to work for L'oreal? - it is a private sector so hard to say if they expect you to get CPA. I didn't know how to answer questions regarding public or private sector; if you tell them you almost have CPA then they may not like it because you may apply to "big four" after completing summer internship. Hard to answer why not public accounting, and why in particular you want to go private accounting with L'oreal..! especially if you have good grades, mine is 3.94 - Rutgers.

Interview Questions
    • many behavioral questions and private - public sector why... Loreal   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Went to an info session at my campus and gave the recruiter my resume. After a few months I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The interview questions were pretty standard. "Why do you want to work for L'Oreal" "What is a challenging situation you faced and how did you overcome it"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected. Just know your resume well.   Answer Question
    Don't typically negotiate for an internship