L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.2

Retail Design Manager Interview

Interview

Coming from the competition, the process of recruitment was quite easy

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation on the salary

Creative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on a Friday evening, hired by Monday morning. Spoke directly to the Vice President of Creative Services, DMI aka the creative director, and she wanted to know my employment history. I was working directly under her and thought she was cool and very talented, so I was excited. But when the job begun I realized why the previous girl had quit. Nok was extremely disorganized and provided little training. It was difficult.

Negotiation

My agency handled the specifics. 24/7 Talent.

Intern Interview

Interview

Went through a 3 step interview process. First part was an easy phone interview as to why you thought L'Oreal was a good company fit. From there I was called back for a 3 panel interview session at the L'Oreal headquarters in NY. They did a group field test, along with a 2 on one interview to decide whether they would hire you for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

3 hours, group interview and individual exercises.

Group consisted of negotiating with fellow interviewees while interviewers watch. This involved coming to a decision as part of a team for funding for a "cause" I was given.

Individual consisted of being asked to launch a new product and marketing campaign for Boots and then give a presentation using Flip boards.

Also a one on one 30 minute competency based interview with HR.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview - Why do want to work for L'oreal? - it is a private sector so hard to say if they expect you to get CPA. I didn't know how to answer questions regarding public or private sector; if you tell them you almost have CPA then they may not like it because you may apply to "big four" after completing summer internship. Hard to answer why not public accounting, and why in particular you want to go private accounting with L'oreal..! especially if you have good grades, mine is 3.94 - Rutgers.

Interview Questions

• many behavioral questions and private - public sector why... Loreal   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Interview

Went to an info session at my campus and gave the recruiter my resume. After a few months I got a call to schedule a phone interview. The interview questions were pretty standard. "Why do you want to work for L'Oreal" "What is a challenging situation you faced and how did you overcome it"

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Just know your resume well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't typically negotiate for an internship

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

CV based questions

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

Long, very thorough interview process. Standard interview questions. Ask in depth about what the perspective employee is passionate about - want employees who are passionate.

Interview Questions

• Many open ended questions but nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, you can negotiate on salary.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal (Franklin, NJ).

Interview

I received a call from HR about my resume. I applied for another position but they thought I was a fit for a position they had available. HR explained the position and asked me a few questions about my degrees, experience, etc. Not in much detail.

Offered to schedule a phone interview for the next day for about 30 mins. Again I was asked about my experience, education, why I wanted to leave my current position, why am I interested in the position, etc.

From there scheduled a panel interview for the next week. It consisted of 3 parts: Presentation about myself (resume and a project that I completed at work/ school), a panel interview and then a case study (about on the job work which is done by someone in the dept you would be working in).

Tips:
    Arrive about 25 mins early
    ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure to take notes while they are answering your questions
    Be confident

Interview Questions

• What do I consider a failure? What has been the most difficult person to work with and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Happy with what they offered, didn't negotiate.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the Taste of L'Oreal weekend - has a phone screen with HR and then about 1.5 weeks later got invited to their recruitment weekend in NY

Interview Questions

• The official interviews themselves were not too bad but you do a case for about 7 hours one of the days and it does get quite exhausting   Answer Question