L'Oréal

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.2

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

CV based questions

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Long, very thorough interview process. Standard interview questions. Ask in depth about what the perspective employee is passionate about - want employees who are passionate.

Interview Questions
    • Many open ended questions but nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Yes, you can negotiate on salary.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal.

I received a call from HR about my resume. I applied for another position but they thought I was a fit for a position they had available. HR explained the position and asked me a few questions about my degrees, experience, etc. Not in much detail.

Offered to schedule a phone interview for the next day for about 30 mins. Again I was asked about my experience, education, why I wanted to leave my current position, why am I interested in the position, etc.

From there scheduled a panel interview for the next week. It consisted of 3 parts: Presentation about myself (resume and a project that I completed at work/ school), a panel interview and then a case study (about on the job work which is done by someone in the dept you would be working in).

Tips:
    Arrive about 25 mins early
    ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure to take notes while they are answering your questions
    Be confident

Interview Questions
    • What do I consider a failure? What has been the most difficult person to work with and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    Happy with what they offered, didn't negotiate.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied through the Taste of L'Oreal weekend - has a phone screen with HR and then about 1.5 weeks later got invited to their recruitment weekend in NY

Interview Questions
    • The official interviews themselves were not too bad but you do a case for about 7 hours one of the days and it does get quite exhausting   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2012.

Had the first interview last week. The interview was took at the campus. Most of the questions are about my experience and background on my resume. This no very difficult question. The interview lasted for about 40 minutes.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal in March 2012.

Most of the HR questions were general, I would suggest always using a land line. I used a cell phone and my bad reception cost me the job. I was asked questions such as why did I choose my major/minor, how I could connect my past work experience (the jobs were relatively unrelated), etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you accept an offer from your past employer?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you worked on a team.   Answer Question

Color Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at L'Oréal in August 2010.

I had to pay my own way to interview for the position, which was expensive. You have to preform in front of management a sample of a color class.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better colorist than the others out there?   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They tell you what they pay, you accept or you don't.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2010.

was nerve racking. asked general questions but had to relate answers to jo

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal in July 2009.

Phone interview was good. The interviewer was courteous and provided information about the company and the position. Interview was set up and first got called in by HR Director who did a general interview to see if I would fit in with the organization. Following that I met the hiring manager who then gave me the nitty gritty on the job I was interviewing for and what the expecations were. This was followed by some questions regarding my experience and my capabilities.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in June 2009.

Had initially interviewed for this position when it was not a full time but a freelance position at the company. Was not ready to make that leap at the time. When it was reposted as a full time option I called my HR contact and said I was interested. Was called in to meet with direct supervisor and then her boss. Very positive and fun interview process. Really enjoyed everyone. People were VERY upfront about the culture and its challenges. But for the right person it is a stellar opportunity

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your position in a recession?   View Answer
    Still in the phase