L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.2

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Long, very thorough interview process. Standard interview questions. Ask in depth about what the perspective employee is passionate about - want employees who are passionate.

Interview Questions
    • Many open ended questions but nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    Yes, you can negotiate on salary.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

I received a call from HR about my resume. I applied for another position but they thought I was a fit for a position they had available. HR explained the position and asked me a few questions about my degrees, experience, etc. Not in much detail.

Offered to schedule a phone interview for the next day for about 30 mins. Again I was asked about my experience, education, why I wanted to leave my current position, why am I interested in the position, etc.

From there scheduled a panel interview for the next week. It consisted of 3 parts: Presentation about myself (resume and a project that I completed at work/ school), a panel interview and then a case study (about on the job work which is done by someone in the dept you would be working in).

Tips:
    Arrive about 25 mins early
    ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure to take notes while they are answering your questions
    Be confident

Interview Questions
    • What do I consider a failure? What has been the most difficult person to work with and how did I handle it?   Answer Question
    Happy with what they offered, didn't negotiate.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied through the Taste of L'Oreal weekend - has a phone screen with HR and then about 1.5 weeks later got invited to their recruitment weekend in NY

Interview Questions
    • The official interviews themselves were not too bad but you do a case for about 7 hours one of the days and it does get quite exhausting   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2010.

was nerve racking. asked general questions but had to relate answers to jo

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2012.

Most of the HR questions were general, I would suggest always using a land line. I used a cell phone and my bad reception cost me the job. I was asked questions such as why did I choose my major/minor, how I could connect my past work experience (the jobs were relatively unrelated), etc.

Interview Questions
    • Would you accept an offer from your past employer?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you worked on a team.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2009.

Phone interview was good. The interviewer was courteous and provided information about the company and the position. Interview was set up and first got called in by HR Director who did a general interview to see if I would fit in with the organization. Following that I met the hiring manager who then gave me the nitty gritty on the job I was interviewing for and what the expecations were. This was followed by some questions regarding my experience and my capabilities.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2009.

Had initially interviewed for this position when it was not a full time but a freelance position at the company. Was not ready to make that leap at the time. When it was reposted as a full time option I called my HR contact and said I was interested. Was called in to meet with direct supervisor and then her boss. Very positive and fun interview process. Really enjoyed everyone. People were VERY upfront about the culture and its challenges. But for the right person it is a stellar opportunity

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving your position in a recession?   View Answer
    Still in the phase

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2014.

I applied from an application website. They invited me for an exam based on measuring the qualitative and quantitative skills. Three days later, they called me and set a date for phone interview. At phone interview, they asked why I want to work in L'oreal and why I want a career at sales department. Also, they recovered upon my resume.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions
    • None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

Creative Consultant (Graphics, Etc) Interview

Clear process, and punctual.
    I applied the position online, and completed an assessment.

A few weeks passed later, I got a phone interview, asking me some questions regarding about my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic behavior questions such as "How do you handle a situation that a customer is not satisfied your service?"

What is your strength/weakness