L'Oréal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Interview

Business Development
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Long, very thorough interview process. Standard interview questions. Ask in depth about what the perspective employee is passionate about - want employees who are passionate.

Interview Question – Many open ended questions but nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, you can negotiate on salary.

Planner Interview

Planner
Franklin, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR about my resume. I applied for another position but they thought I was a fit for a position they had available. HR explained the position and asked me a few questions about my degrees, experience, etc. Not in much detail.

Offered to schedule a phone interview for the next day for about 30 mins. Again I was asked about my experience, education, why I wanted to leave my current position, why am I interested in the position, etc.

From there scheduled a panel interview for the next week. It consisted of 3 parts: Presentation about myself (resume and a project that I completed at work/ school), a panel interview and then a case study (about on the job work which is done by someone in the dept you would be working in).

Tips:
Arrive about 25 mins early
ASK QUESTIONS! Make sure to take notes while they are answering your questions
Be confident

Interview Question – What do I consider a failure? What has been the most difficult person to work with and how did I handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Happy with what they offered, didn't negotiate.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Applied through the Taste of L'Oreal weekend - has a phone screen with HR and then about 1.5 weeks later got invited to their recruitment weekend in NY

Interview Question – The official interviews themselves were not too bad but you do a case for about 7 hours one of the days and it does get quite exhausting   Answer Question

Market Research Analyst Interview

Market Research Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2010.

Interview Details – was nerve racking. asked general questions but had to relate answers to jo

Interview Question – how would you describe yourself?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2012.

Interview Details – Most of the HR questions were general, I would suggest always using a land line. I used a cell phone and my bad reception cost me the job. I was asked questions such as why did I choose my major/minor, how I could connect my past work experience (the jobs were relatively unrelated), etc.

Interview Questions

Logistics Interview

Logistics
Edison, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview was good. The interviewer was courteous and provided information about the company and the position. Interview was set up and first got called in by HR Director who did a general interview to see if I would fit in with the organization. Following that I met the hiring manager who then gave me the nitty gritty on the job I was interviewing for and what the expecations were. This was followed by some questions regarding my experience and my capabilities.

Interview Question – Do I have experience in a CPG industry   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2009.

Interview Details – Had initially interviewed for this position when it was not a full time but a freelance position at the company. Was not ready to make that leap at the time. When it was reposted as a full time option I called my HR contact and said I was interested. Was called in to meet with direct supervisor and then her boss. Very positive and fun interview process. Really enjoyed everyone. People were VERY upfront about the culture and its challenges. But for the right person it is a stellar opportunity

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your position in a recession?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Still in the phase

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Assistant Product Manager
Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2013.

Interview Details – The initial interview was over the phone where general questions about my experience were asked. A meet-up is then scheduled to explore my experience in depth. This is where you meet with a the person you will report to along with the HR recruiter who will coordinate the interview and ensure that you are fit for the role.

Interview Question – General Perception of the company's different brands offered in the market. Then you are asked about the more specific brands that you would be work on and how you would postion it and market it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – junior positions all have the same base salary and it is non-negotiable.

Marketing Trainee Interview

Marketing Trainee
Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2014.

Interview Details – Main Steps : Online application / Phone Interview / Assessment Center / HR Manager Interview

Assessment Center was the most interesting.

10 people all together in a room, everyone has to present himself (5 min in English)

Then everyone has to present a Business Case on a Retailer Visit we had to prepare before the assessment center. (10 min)

Then we had to take a Skills tests (15 min to solve a super easy business case but required a lot of simple calculation that took a lot of time).

Afterward we had either a feedback from the HR people if we were out or an interview with an HR Manager.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about the brand positioning of one of L'Oréal's brand ?

Can you tell me about a recent ad that you liked a lot ? Why ? What is the message and the goal behind it ?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – The person interviewing me was pretty condescending. She told me that I needed to wear way more make up. That was pretty much it. They hire based on looks. Note: the training that they provide for the job is severely insufficient. I was quite flustered for the first week on the job.

Interview Question – She basically wanted me to give her a run down of my beauty and skincare routine   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.