L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

3.2

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions
    • None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

Creative Consultant (Graphics, Etc) Interview

Clear process, and punctual.
    I applied the position online, and completed an assessment.

A few weeks passed later, I got a phone interview, asking me some questions regarding about my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic behavior questions such as "How do you handle a situation that a customer is not satisfied your service?"

What is your strength/weakness
        Answer Question

Department Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Had an interview with HR once and then with the director of Make up department in R&D centre. Most of the questions are to test personality through talking. English and computer skills are compulsory which also have been tested.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

The person interviewing me was pretty condescending. She told me that I needed to wear way more make up. That was pretty much it. They hire based on looks. Note: the training that they provide for the job is severely insufficient. I was quite flustered for the first week on the job.

Interview Questions
    • She basically wanted me to give her a run down of my beauty and skincare routine   View Answer
    No room for negotiation.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

I applied through a recruiter who did the initial application for me.

The first stage was an interview with a member of the HR team for a general conversation and some basic "give me an example of when you've..." style questions.

The second stage was an interview with the sales strategy director. This was more of a general conversation about my background and where'd I'd like to go. Mid way through a random maths question was asked to test my numerical skills before the interview continued with general questions.

The next stage involved meeting a National Account Controller who asked some background questions with most questions centered around my style of working and what sort of cultural fit I preferred.

The final interview was with the Commercial/Sales director which was relatively informal.

The offer was received 2 weeks later and I accepted, after some salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    They try to keep salaries low and are very difficult to negotiate with. I managed to increase their initial offer by 5% but that took quite some time

Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in June 2014.

Main Steps : Online application / Phone Interview / Assessment Center / HR Manager Interview

Assessment Center was the most interesting.

10 people all together in a room, everyone has to present himself (5 min in English)

Then everyone has to present a Business Case on a Retailer Visit we had to prepare before the assessment center. (10 min)

Then we had to take a Skills tests (15 min to solve a super easy business case but required a lot of simple calculation that took a lot of time).

Afterward we had either a feedback from the HR people if we were out or an interview with an HR Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about the brand positioning of one of L'Oréal's brand ?

Can you tell me about a recent ad that you liked a lot ? Why ? What is the message and the goal behind it ?
        Answer Question

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

I've met a HR during a recruiting event at my school. Few days later, I've received an invitation to an Assessment Center with other candidates. Then I was contacted by the HR I've firstly met to an individual interview. Finally I met the Digital Marketing Director.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 minutes to pick 2 pictures (among around 50) to describe yourself   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in May 2014.

I applied from an application website. They invited me for an exam based on measuring the qualitative and quantitative skills. Three days later, they called me and set a date for phone interview. At phone interview, they asked why I want to work in L'oreal and why I want a career at sales department. Also, they recovered upon my resume.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Second step after the online application was the phone Interview:
    - Description of my career path
    - Why L'Oreal
    - Motivation to work in a large group
    - 3 adjectives to describe myself
    - Examples to demonstrate my passions and skills
    - What I learnt about the industry
    - My view about the industry trends

Interview Questions
    • Why I would prefer to work in a group rather than in a startup   Answer Question

Trade Marketing Luxury Department Brussels Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

After uploading your CV, a HR person will call and ask you a few questions such as:
    -Why L'Oréal?
    -Why this department?
    -For which section of L'Oréal would you like to work?
    - How would you do the marketing of this product?
    - Do you have any question for me?

In the second round, you will meet the manager of the departement you're applying to. For trade marketing, she asked me:
    - What do you like about the luxe? Why is it different from a H&M brand?
    - Have you ever experienced a luxury shop?
    - What do you like/don't like about your major?
    - Choose a product and do the trade marketing of it.
    -Where do you see yourself in 1/5/10 years from now?

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was to choose a product and do the trade marketing of this product since I did not have any time to prepare and that I had to know the products in front of me.   Answer Question