L'Oréal

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2013.

Interview Details – The campus recruitment process starts from the two competitions L'Oreal holds annually--Brandstrom and Reveal. As long as you're one of the contestants, you will be able to submit your CV to the HR team. After the screening, there will be a day when all candidates come together and have a small case presentation. After that, preferable candidates will be interviewed by 1 or 2 managers, and get the offer.

Interview Question – Why do you choose to do this job rather than staying at your own business?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Clichy (France)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for an internship in the marketing and communication on the career website. First, I had to complete the long questionnaire about my experiences and answer the open questions (like give the example of the successful marketing strategy of any company and explain why you find it good). About 3 weeks later I had a call- that was a phone interview. (very general rh questions: motivations, qualities, why this company, etc.) A week later I was invited to participate to the Assessment Center. We were 8 people (all applying for the marketing and communication positions), 4 hours long. Had to present ourselves in the creative way (according the pictures, that we had to chose on the place). Than there was a group discussion case. They distributed individual scenarios- in English- and roles to play, everybody had a particular goal to achieve during the 'in-company meeting'. Also there was a reformulating and resume task - based on the document they gave. Lastly we had 15 minutes to imagine and create a marketing implementation plan for a new product (like if we worked in the mrkt dvlp department). Was contact the same day to informed that I passed the AC, so the next interview with the operation manager was scheduled a week later. That one was hard as he asked really particular details about different products, its current strategy (he expected really by heart knowledge of the market news), and was very picky on the questions of qualities and week points, career plan, motivations, etc.

Interview Question – What was the last product that was launch in France (of the brand the manager worked for)? Describe the strategy behind and criticize it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They call you and you have to answer immediately.

Finance Intern Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Included; online application, telephone interview (competency) and then an assessment day.

Interview Question – Rating yourself in 4 categories based around the on a scale of 1-10 and giving an explanation of choice.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Finance Controller Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2013.

Interview Details – scout by recruiting agentcy
Recruitment manager- line mgr- Department GM - Finance Director - HRD

Interview Question – ask ing if I would work manually as I had CPA with low salary.
too many interview process and late feedback
  Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Belgrade (Serbia)

I interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2011.

Interview Details – I aplied for this job when i saw on the Internet that Loreal is looking for position Beauty Advisor. They called me after 3 weeks. I went there and it was very interesting and pleasant meeting. They ask me some questions about sale and products that they represent

Interview Question – Can you sell me this product now?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 8 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in September 2011.

Interview Details – Previous experience, interest in beauty industry, expectations. 4-5 interviews.

Interview Question – How to deal with the luxury industry market in troubled economic times.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sign in bonus, vacations.

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – 5 interviews

Interview Question – could you explain what can you do for this company?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Milan (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process was stimulating and interesting. The process was divided into 3 steps. 2 group assessments, a personal interview and an online maths test.
The first group assessment was about creativity, the second was a role play where candidates took part as various division of the company to decide upon an annual budget. The second assessment mostly focuses on team playing and time management.

Interview Question – Tell me about an innovation that happened in the cosmetic industry in the past six months and why is it meaningful.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2013.

Interview Details – One group interview and two single interview

Interview Question – Analysis of the products   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director of Brand Ops Interview

Director of Brand Ops
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Incredibly competent and forthcoming HR Staff. Great interview process.

Interview Question – What do you really want to do   Answer Question