L'Oréal

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.2

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied on the company's website. Was then asked to complete a numerical test - not too difficult but it is crucial to remain focused while completing it.
    I was then invited to a phone interview (only given half a day to prepare). The HR interviewee was very friendly and made the experience comfortable. Be sure to prepare examples for all competencies to make it easier for you to answer!
    Was then invited to assessment day, which I am now preparing for!

Stage en Ressources Humaines Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

J'ai postulé sur le site à une offre quir egroupait plusieurs stages en Ressources Humaines.
    Un recruteur m'a appellée 3 semaines après - ce qui est plutôt long - mais ensuite tout est allé très vite. Un 1er entretien de 10 minutes pour vérifier mes motivations et mon niveau d'angais (parler de ses hobbies en anglais au téléphone). Ensuite entretien en face to face sur skype avec un autre recruteur (j'étais à l'étranger) d'une durée d'une heure, où j'ai du spécifier les 2 -3 missions parmi les 10 contenues sur l"offre, que je préférais et pourquoi celles-là. Enfin, j'ai eu un dernier entretien avec la manager au téléphone de nouveau sur mes missions.

Interview Questions
    • Que répondez-vous aux personnes qui affirment que les ressources humaines ne servent à rien?   Answer Question
    Très simplement, dans la transparence, j'avais une autre offre en parallèle donc j'ai du accélérer le process ce que le recruteur a fait sans problème. Il ne m'a même pas donné de délai de réponse une fois la proposition faite, je pouvais prendre mon temps.

ingénieur pépinière Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

deux entretiens espacés de 10 jours et d'une heure chacun environ: un entretien avec le Responsable ressource humaine du siège et un entretien avec le directeur d'usine. Ces 2 enttretiens se sont déroulés dans une ambiance sympathique.

Engineer Position Interview

interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2014.

A HR got contact with me 1 month after my application for an interview 1 week later. I've passed 2 interview with HR and responsables in the domain. It was pretty good, goog atmospher, classic questions, no stress. I'm still waiting for an answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2014.

I applied on the online platform and was called for a physical interview in less than a week. In the interview I was asked to choose a picture among about 30 I was given and to describe myself based on it.

Interview Questions
    • Given that I had a project of setting up a business in the future, I was asked what I could contribute to the Group L'Oréal.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

The interview was pretty fast. First, I was interviewed by the HR associate, who asked things about the usual interview stuff - background, why choose L'Oreal, ability to work with others. The next person who interviewed me was the hiring manager, so more specific questions like experience related to the field of the project.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a particular project in the past and how did you go about solving it (step by step)   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions
    • None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

Creative Consultant (Graphics, Etc) Interview

Clear process, and punctual.
    I applied the position online, and completed an assessment.

A few weeks passed later, I got a phone interview, asking me some questions regarding about my past experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some basic behavior questions such as "How do you handle a situation that a customer is not satisfied your service?"

What is your strength/weakness

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in September 2014.

FIRSTLY: phone interview

SECONDLY: ASSESSMENT CENTER

1. Introduction in group with other candidates: Who are you, what position are you applying for and why should we hire you.
    2. Present 10' presentation (in group) of 'The Retail Visit' that candidates had to prepare
    3. Logical test: calculate some numbers and interpret them
    4. 10' break
    5. Individual assessment: feedback on presentation & logical test
    6. Selected candidates had an interview with a product manager

Interview Questions
    • What is the thing that you want to learn as a person during your internship? How would you boost this product's sales?   View Answer
    non existant

Finance Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in September 2014.

Got an on-campus interview with L'Oreal. Had only one round with an HR lady, after that got reply that there were no positions available for me in the offices that I have been interested in. We started with walk me through your CV question, than she asked me if I use any of their products and how/where I usually buy them.