L'Oréal

Average Difficulty
128 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

L'Oreal Management Trainee, Oslo (Norway) Interview

L'Oreal Management Trainee, Oslo (Norway)
Oslo (Norway)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process comprised several questions, both behavioral as well as to assess the applicant's knowledge of the brand, including assessing its current in-store communication strategy, prospects for growth. The focus on strong experience with quantitative marketing analysis was stressed.

Interview Question – If you had to design a brand for a specific geographic market, what factors would you take into account?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2011.

Interview Details – -3 rounds (phone interview focus more on CV, HR in-person interview asks behavioural and situational questions, marketing manager tend to varies depending on boss' style)
-describe me your strengths and weaknesses
-tell me about your favourite brand and why you like it
-sell me a marketing idea from that brand you selected

Interview Question – If you had low or close to none budget, how would you devise your marketing strategy?   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in June 2010.

Interview Details – Really long and not at all organized. I should have taken this clue into account, but at the time I was really desperate to change my field area.
They sent me to inumerous areas to be interviewed, even to departments I clearly stated the I had no interest in.

Interview Question – There was nothing unusual about the interviews   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It would be better to get in your contract what are you responsible for, your goals and the size of your team. My team was reduced to half of its "planned size" after I started working there.

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Digital Marketing Assistant

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – I've met a HR during a recruiting event at my school. Few days later, I've received an invitation to an Assessment Center with other candidates. Then I was contacted by the HR I've firstly met to an individual interview. Finally I met the Digital Marketing Director.

Interview Question – You have 10 minutes to pick 2 pictures (among around 50) to describe yourself   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Internship
Lyon (France)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a basic on campus interview with 1 HR from the company.

Interview Question – Tell me a resent cosmetic product that surprised you the most.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it's just the first interview, there should be more if one succeed in this one.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Graduate Scheme

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Second step after the online application was the phone Interview:
- Description of my career path
- Why L'Oreal
- Motivation to work in a large group
- 3 adjectives to describe myself
- Examples to demonstrate my passions and skills
- What I learnt about the industry
- My view about the industry trends

Interview Question – Why I would prefer to work in a group rather than in a startup   Answer Question

Trade Marketing Luxury Department Brussels Intern Interview

Trade Marketing Luxury Department Brussels Intern
Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – After uploading your CV, a HR person will call and ask you a few questions such as:
-Why L'Oréal?
-Why this department?
-For which section of L'Oréal would you like to work?
- How would you do the marketing of this product?
- Do you have any question for me?

In the second round, you will meet the manager of the departement you're applying to. For trade marketing, she asked me:
- What do you like about the luxe? Why is it different from a H&M brand?
- Have you ever experienced a luxury shop?
- What do you like/don't like about your major?
- Choose a product and do the trade marketing of it.
-Where do you see yourself in 1/5/10 years from now?

Interview Question – The most challenging question was to choose a product and do the trade marketing of this product since I did not have any time to prepare and that I had to know the products in front of me.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Applied online - usual questionnaire style application form. Include CV and covering letter, I think the cover letter is very important - chance to sell yourself and why you picked L'Oreal
E-mail for numerical reasoning test - numerical test was not as hard as others I have attempted
Telephone Interview - Lovely HR personnel, 20 minute interview, competency based
Assessment Centre - long, challenging day; various activities including other numerical/aptitude tests, interviews and group tasks.

Interview Question – What was your biggest risk? - Didn't prepare for this question!
Some tasks on the day were more challenging than others.
  Answer Question

Key Account Executive Interview

Key Account Executive
Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2010.

Interview Details – Behavioral questions. Final round is to be required an analysis given a case which comes from the real data.

Interview Question – The data analysis   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2014.

Interview Details – It Was a group assessment. The assessment was divided into two parts. I'm the first part we were required to introduce ourselves and then we were given some images, colours, scissors ecc, in order to do a creative representation of our life, to be explained to the rest of he group. The interviewed then stepped in and asked a question.
In the second part of the assessment, we were required to solve a case all together. The case involved deciding were a multinational company had to open a new cafe: Milan or Rome? After a decision was taken, one person had to explained to the presumed CEO (the interviewer) the reason why the group had decided for that location.

Interview Question – When will you be profitable ? (In the case)   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at L'Oréal