L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Most of the HR questions were general, I would suggest always using a land line. I used a cell phone and my bad reception cost me the job. I was asked questions such as why did I choose my major/minor, how I could connect my past work experience (the jobs were relatively unrelated), etc.

Interview Questions

• Would you accept an offer from your past employer?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you worked on a team.   Answer Question

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

As you'd expect for a large corporation. Lots of rounds and multiple team members to gain insight of previous work experience and overall personality match. Do study up on the brand you are applying for and also showcase your thinking process and how you arrive at a solution/campaign idea.

Color Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had to pay my own way to interview for the position, which was expensive. You have to preform in front of management a sample of a color class.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better colorist than the others out there?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation. They tell you what they pay, you accept or you don't.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

interviewed at L'Oréal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

was nerve racking. asked general questions but had to relate answers to jo

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at L'Oréal (Edison, NJ) in July 2009.

Interview

Phone interview was good. The interviewer was courteous and provided information about the company and the position. Interview was set up and first got called in by HR Director who did a general interview to see if I would fit in with the organization. Following that I met the hiring manager who then gave me the nitty gritty on the job I was interviewing for and what the expecations were. This was followed by some questions regarding my experience and my capabilities.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

Had initially interviewed for this position when it was not a full time but a freelance position at the company. Was not ready to make that leap at the time. When it was reposted as a full time option I called my HR contact and said I was interested. Was called in to meet with direct supervisor and then her boss. Very positive and fun interview process. Really enjoyed everyone. People were VERY upfront about the culture and its challenges. But for the right person it is a stellar opportunity

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your position in a recession?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still in the phase

Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took around 1 month.
    Got selected through a recruitment agency. 3 interviews afterwards with HR, Brand Director and Medicine director. The whole atmosphere was quite relaxed and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What were my day responsibility at my last job? Why L'Oreal? What do you know about our brand? (particular one)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Because I participated in a competition, I got invited to a round of interviews. I had 3 interviews in total. They were partly for marketing and partly for HR. Two interviews were with HR professionals and one interview was with a marketing professional. They were challenging but not too much so.

Interview Questions

• To tell me why you want to work in this area?   1 Answer

Global Talent Program - Japan Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I submitted my application online and received a phone call from HR of L'Oreal USA a few weeks later. After that, I went through three rounds of phone interviews, each of them around 45 minutes, either technical or behavioral, over a period of 6 weeks or so. I followed up with them about 10 days after the final interview, and received their rejection letter the second day.

Events Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and quite relaxed, she asked lots of questions about competencies, as well as one or two about motivation for joining L'Oreal, as well as some facts about it.

Got an offer to an assessment centre, but ended up being analysed for a different department than what I applied for without knowing, so I didn't get the job as I wasn't knowledgeable enough...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something you've recently seen L'Oreal do in the media.   Answer Question