L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.2

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

I've met a HR during a recruiting event at my school. Few days later, I've received an invitation to an Assessment Center with other candidates. Then I was contacted by the HR I've firstly met to an individual interview. Finally I met the Digital Marketing Director.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 minutes to pick 2 pictures (among around 50) to describe yourself   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Second step after the online application was the phone Interview:
    - Description of my career path
    - Why L'Oreal
    - Motivation to work in a large group
    - 3 adjectives to describe myself
    - Examples to demonstrate my passions and skills
    - What I learnt about the industry
    - My view about the industry trends

Interview Questions
    • Why I would prefer to work in a group rather than in a startup   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lyon (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lyon (France)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2014.

It was a basic on campus interview with 1 HR from the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a resent cosmetic product that surprised you the most.   Answer Question
    it's just the first interview, there should be more if one succeed in this one.

Trade Marketing Luxury Department Brussels Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

After uploading your CV, a HR person will call and ask you a few questions such as:
    -Why L'Oréal?
    -Why this department?
    -For which section of L'Oréal would you like to work?
    - How would you do the marketing of this product?
    - Do you have any question for me?

In the second round, you will meet the manager of the departement you're applying to. For trade marketing, she asked me:
    - What do you like about the luxe? Why is it different from a H&M brand?
    - Have you ever experienced a luxury shop?
    - What do you like/don't like about your major?
    - Choose a product and do the trade marketing of it.
    -Where do you see yourself in 1/5/10 years from now?

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was to choose a product and do the trade marketing of this product since I did not have any time to prepare and that I had to know the products in front of me.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied online - usual questionnaire style application form. Include CV and covering letter, I think the cover letter is very important - chance to sell yourself and why you picked L'Oreal
    E-mail for numerical reasoning test - numerical test was not as hard as others I have attempted
    Telephone Interview - Lovely HR personnel, 20 minute interview, competency based
    Assessment Centre - long, challenging day; various activities including other numerical/aptitude tests, interviews and group tasks.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest risk? - Didn't prepare for this question!
      Some tasks on the day were more challenging than others.
        Answer Question

Key Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2010.

Behavioral questions. Final round is to be required an analysis given a case which comes from the real data.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2014.

It Was a group assessment. The assessment was divided into two parts. I'm the first part we were required to introduce ourselves and then we were given some images, colours, scissors ecc, in order to do a creative representation of our life, to be explained to the rest of he group. The interviewed then stepped in and asked a question.
    In the second part of the assessment, we were required to solve a case all together. The case involved deciding were a multinational company had to open a new cafe: Milan or Rome? After a decision was taken, one person had to explained to the presumed CEO (the interviewer) the reason why the group had decided for that location.

Internship-Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal.

I applied online for multiple positions for marketing internships. After 2 weeks we set up an interview on the phone. First interview was individual and it was with HR who is responsible for marketing requirement. If the first interview is successful second interview takes place with Marketing Director of the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Let's assume that you are hired. After two years what are we discussing about together for your personal development? What do you ask from me for your development in the company?   Answer Question

Junior Business Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

Applied online
    1st round HR interview on skype
    About a week later invited for an onsite interview and numerical test in a Nordic country

Promised a result within two weeks - no correspondence, so emailed back after three weeks

About a month later received apologizing email that they will not give offer, despite the quality. Chosen candidate had the some previous related experience from internship.

Interview Questions
    • Not really, basic hr and competency-based questions, one technical question   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Taipei (Taiwan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2013.

The campus recruitment process starts from the two competitions L'Oreal holds annually--Brandstrom and Reveal. As long as you're one of the contestants, you will be able to submit your CV to the HR team. After the screening, there will be a day when all candidates come together and have a small case presentation. After that, preferable candidates will be interviewed by 1 or 2 managers, and get the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you choose to do this job rather than staying at your own business?   Answer Question