L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

3.2

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clichy (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clichy (France)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2011.

I applied for an internship in the marketing and communication on the career website. First, I had to complete the long questionnaire about my experiences and answer the open questions (like give the example of the successful marketing strategy of any company and explain why you find it good). About 3 weeks later I had a call- that was a phone interview. (very general rh questions: motivations, qualities, why this company, etc.) A week later I was invited to participate to the Assessment Center. We were 8 people (all applying for the marketing and communication positions), 4 hours long. Had to present ourselves in the creative way (according the pictures, that we had to chose on the place). Than there was a group discussion case. They distributed individual scenarios- in English- and roles to play, everybody had a particular goal to achieve during the 'in-company meeting'. Also there was a reformulating and resume task - based on the document they gave. Lastly we had 15 minutes to imagine and create a marketing implementation plan for a new product (like if we worked in the mrkt dvlp department). Was contact the same day to informed that I passed the AC, so the next interview with the operation manager was scheduled a week later. That one was hard as he asked really particular details about different products, its current strategy (he expected really by heart knowledge of the market news), and was very picky on the questions of qualities and week points, career plan, motivations, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was the last product that was launch in France (of the brand the manager worked for)? Describe the strategy behind and criticize it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They call you and you have to answer immediately.

Finance Controller Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2013.

scout by recruiting agentcy
    Recruitment manager- line mgr- Department GM - Finance Director - HRD

Interview Questions
    • ask ing if I would work manually as I had CPA with low salary.
      too many interview process and late feedback
        Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Included; online application, telephone interview (competency) and then an assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Rating yourself in 4 categories based around the on a scale of 1-10 and giving an explanation of choice.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Belgrade (Serbia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2011.

I aplied for this job when i saw on the Internet that Loreal is looking for position Beauty Advisor. They called me after 3 weeks. I went there and it was very interesting and pleasant meeting. They ask me some questions about sale and products that they represent

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

5 interviews

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in September 2011.

Previous experience, interest in beauty industry, expectations. 4-5 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with the luxury industry market in troubled economic times.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2013.

The hiring process was stimulating and interesting. The process was divided into 3 steps. 2 group assessments, a personal interview and an online maths test.
    The first group assessment was about creativity, the second was a role play where candidates took part as various division of the company to decide upon an annual budget. The second assessment mostly focuses on team playing and time management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an innovation that happened in the cosmetic industry in the past six months and why is it meaningful.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2013.

One group interview and two single interview

Director of Brand Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Incredibly competent and forthcoming HR Staff. Great interview process.

L'Oreal Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangkok (Thailand)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangkok (Thailand)

I applied in-person. The process took 6 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in May 2012.

5 interview process