L'Oréal Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

3.2

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (Prague (Czech Republic)) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Following online application I got invitation to AC.
    2. AC with 10-15 candidates for the same position started with a brief introduction in English followed by a numerical test (shl format). After, we had individual task to create marketing mix of a chosen product. Finally, we were solving analytical "puzzle" in groups.
    3. Interview with future line manager and group brand manager (deeper dive into your experience). As a part of the interview there were few tasks to test again your creativity, analytical thinking and Excel skills.
    4. Offer

Interview Questions

• How many face cream pots are sold every year in your country?   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal (Hammersmith, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied on the company's website. Was then asked to complete a numerical test - not too difficult but it is crucial to remain focused while completing it.
    I was then invited to a phone interview (only given half a day to prepare). The HR interviewee was very friendly and made the experience comfortable. Be sure to prepare examples for all competencies to make it easier for you to answer!
    Was then invited to assessment day, which I am now preparing for!

Stage en Ressources Humaines Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

J'ai postulé sur le site à une offre quir egroupait plusieurs stages en Ressources Humaines.
    Un recruteur m'a appellée 3 semaines après - ce qui est plutôt long - mais ensuite tout est allé très vite. Un 1er entretien de 10 minutes pour vérifier mes motivations et mon niveau d'angais (parler de ses hobbies en anglais au téléphone). Ensuite entretien en face to face sur skype avec un autre recruteur (j'étais à l'étranger) d'une durée d'une heure, où j'ai du spécifier les 2 -3 missions parmi les 10 contenues sur l"offre, que je préférais et pourquoi celles-là. Enfin, j'ai eu un dernier entretien avec la manager au téléphone de nouveau sur mes missions.

Interview Questions

• Que répondez-vous aux personnes qui affirment que les ressources humaines ne servent à rien?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Très simplement, dans la transparence, j'avais une autre offre en parallèle donc j'ai du accélérer le process ce que le recruteur a fait sans problème. Il ne m'a même pas donné de délai de réponse une fois la proposition faite, je pouvais prendre mon temps.

ingénieur pépinière Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)).

Interview

deux entretiens espacés de 10 jours et d'une heure chacun environ: un entretien avec le Responsable ressource humaine du siège et un entretien avec le directeur d'usine. Ces 2 enttretiens se sont déroulés dans une ambiance sympathique.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal (Paris (France)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on the online platform and was called for a physical interview in less than a week. In the interview I was asked to choose a picture among about 30 I was given and to describe myself based on it.

Interview Questions

• Given that I had a project of setting up a business in the future, I was asked what I could contribute to the Group L'Oréal.   1 Answer

Engineer Position Interview

Application

interviewed at L'Oréal in November 2014.

Interview

A HR got contact with me 1 month after my application for an interview 1 week later. I've passed 2 interview with HR and responsables in the domain. It was pretty good, goog atmospher, classic questions, no stress. I'm still waiting for an answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal in November 2014.

Interview

They reached me through my university CV book, as they are highly interested in undergraduate students. As the office was not in my hometown, they asked whether skyping would work for me. I had one single interview with the manager of the HR department and the manager of Marketing department.

Interview Questions

• Abstract questions, they are interested in people with high interpersonal and soft skills, rather than analytical or mathematical reasoning skills. "What does beauty mean?" is a common question.   1 Answer

I didn't want to focus on a single department. Few flexibility.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

The interview was pretty fast. First, I was interviewed by the HR associate, who asked things about the usual interview stuff - background, why choose L'Oreal, ability to work with others. The next person who interviewed me was the hiring manager, so more specific questions like experience related to the field of the project.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a particular project in the past and how did you go about solving it (step by step)   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions

• None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

Interview

Clear process, and punctual.
    I applied the position online, and completed an assessment.

A few weeks passed later, I got a phone interview, asking me some questions regarding about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• Some basic behavior questions such as "How do you handle a situation that a customer is not satisfied your service?"

What is your strength/weakness