L'Oréal

Updated Feb 15, 2015

3.1

Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in June 2014.

Main Steps : Online application / Phone Interview / Assessment Center / HR Manager Interview

Assessment Center was the most interesting.

10 people all together in a room, everyone has to present himself (5 min in English)

Then everyone has to present a Business Case on a Retailer Visit we had to prepare before the assessment center. (10 min)

Then we had to take a Skills tests (15 min to solve a super easy business case but required a lot of simple calculation that took a lot of time).

Afterward we had either a feedback from the HR people if we were out or an interview with an HR Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me about the brand positioning of one of L'Oréal's brand ?

Can you tell me about a recent ad that you liked a lot ? Why ? What is the message and the goal behind it ?

Answer Question

Group Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in June 2014.

1 Screening Call with HR, 1 Interview with HR Director, 1 Interview with Marketing Director, 1 Interview with GM 1 Meeting with HR head to discuss the offer. It was very straight forward and clear.

Interview Questions
    • Why Loreal, Why do you want to leave your current job, Whats the current beauty trend, Strengths and Weaknesses, Whats your best achievement and your biggest fail.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate as I was told I was in the highest end of the salary range.

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

I've met a HR during a recruiting event at my school. Few days later, I've received an invitation to an Assessment Center with other candidates. Then I was contacted by the HR I've firstly met to an individual interview. Finally I met the Digital Marketing Director.

Interview Questions
    • You have 10 minutes to pick 2 pictures (among around 50) to describe yourself   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in May 2014.

I applied from an application website. They invited me for an exam based on measuring the qualitative and quantitative skills. Three days later, they called me and set a date for phone interview. At phone interview, they asked why I want to work in L'oreal and why I want a career at sales department. Also, they recovered upon my resume.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Second step after the online application was the phone Interview:
    - Description of my career path
    - Why L'Oreal
    - Motivation to work in a large group
    - 3 adjectives to describe myself
    - Examples to demonstrate my passions and skills
    - What I learnt about the industry
    - My view about the industry trends

Interview Questions
    • Why I would prefer to work in a group rather than in a startup   Answer Question

Trade Marketing Luxury Department Brussels Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

After uploading your CV, a HR person will call and ask you a few questions such as:
    -Why L'Oréal?
    -Why this department?
    -For which section of L'Oréal would you like to work?
    - How would you do the marketing of this product?
    - Do you have any question for me?

In the second round, you will meet the manager of the departement you're applying to. For trade marketing, she asked me:
    - What do you like about the luxe? Why is it different from a H&M brand?
    - Have you ever experienced a luxury shop?
    - What do you like/don't like about your major?
    - Choose a product and do the trade marketing of it.
    -Where do you see yourself in 1/5/10 years from now?

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging question was to choose a product and do the trade marketing of this product since I did not have any time to prepare and that I had to know the products in front of me.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied online - usual questionnaire style application form. Include CV and covering letter, I think the cover letter is very important - chance to sell yourself and why you picked L'Oreal
    E-mail for numerical reasoning test - numerical test was not as hard as others I have attempted
    Telephone Interview - Lovely HR personnel, 20 minute interview, competency based
    Assessment Centre - long, challenging day; various activities including other numerical/aptitude tests, interviews and group tasks.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest risk? - Didn't prepare for this question!
      Some tasks on the day were more challenging than others.

Answer Question

Stage de Commercialisation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

J'ai soumis ma candidature en ligne pour plusieurs postes de stages en marketing. Après 2 semaines, nous avons convenu d'un entretien par téléphone. Le premier était un entretien individuel avec le responsable des ressources humaines attaché aux exigences de commercialisation. Si le premier entretien se passe bien, le second se déroule avec le directeur marketing de la marque.

I applied online for multiple positions for marketing internships. After 2 weeks we set up an interview on the phone. First interview was individual and it was with HR who is responsible for marketing requirement. If the first interview is successful second interview takes place with Marketing Director of the brand.

Interview Questions
    • Disons que vous êtes embauché. Après deux ans, de quoi parlons-nous ensemble au sujet de votre développement personnel ? Que me demandez-vous pour évoluer dans l'entreprise ?   Let's assume that you are hired. After two years what are we discussing about together for your personal development? What do you ask from me for your development in the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal in March 2014.

It Was a group assessment. The assessment was divided into two parts. I'm the first part we were required to introduce ourselves and then we were given some images, colours, scissors ecc, in order to do a creative representation of our life, to be explained to the rest of he group. The interviewed then stepped in and asked a question.
    In the second part of the assessment, we were required to solve a case all together. The case involved deciding were a multinational company had to open a new cafe: Milan or Rome? After a decision was taken, one person had to explained to the presumed CEO (the interviewer) the reason why the group had decided for that location.

L'Oreal Management Trainee, Oslo (Norway) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Employee in Oslo (Norway)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal in February 2014.

The interview process comprised several questions, both behavioral as well as to assess the applicant's knowledge of the brand, including assessing its current in-store communication strategy, prospects for growth. The focus on strong experience with quantitative marketing analysis was stressed.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to design a brand for a specific geographic market, what factors would you take into account?   Answer Question