L'Oréal

Relevance Date Difficulty

National Account Manager Interview

National Account Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – I applied through a recruiter who did the initial application for me.

The first stage was an interview with a member of the HR team for a general conversation and some basic "give me an example of when you've..." style questions.

The second stage was an interview with the sales strategy director. This was more of a general conversation about my background and where'd I'd like to go. Mid way through a random maths question was asked to test my numerical skills before the interview continued with general questions.

The next stage involved meeting a National Account Controller who asked some background questions with most questions centered around my style of working and what sort of cultural fit I preferred.

The final interview was with the Commercial/Sales director which was relatively informal.

The offer was received 2 weeks later and I accepted, after some salary negotiation.

Interview Question – A random maths question in the middle of an interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They try to keep salaries low and are very difficult to negotiate with. I managed to increase their initial offer by 5% but that took quite some time

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Included; online application, telephone interview (competency) and then an assessment day.

Interview Question – Rating yourself in 4 categories based around the on a scale of 1-10 and giving an explanation of choice.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director of Brand Ops Interview

Director of Brand Ops
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Incredibly competent and forthcoming HR Staff. Great interview process.

Interview Question – What do you really want to do   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Digital Marketing Assistant
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online Application - 3 long competency questions

Telephone Interview - 30 minutes with HR assistant - competency, why you want to work for Loreal, Product SWOT Analysis

Assessment Centre - extremely high pressure, hard, one group debate, marketing presentation, maths test, one to one interview with manager. lunch with current placement students/graduates

Interview Question – Presentation on the day was hard, 2 hours to read a huge book of information / KPIS on mens products and create a whole new product, campaign and launch.   Answer Question

Assistant Commercial Controller Interview

Assistant Commercial Controller
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2013.

Interview Details – applied online with CV and cover letter. phone call next day from HR spoke for 3mins about my experiences atc then asked to do numerical test the next day. email the next working day saying i passed and asked for interview in 2weeks time. passed interviews with Recruiting manager and commercial controller. Invitedd for final interview the following week.

Interview Question – talk about any finance topic for 10 mins. what did i introduce to a former employer where i worked.
stadard inerview questions, strength weaknesses why me. difficult questions but expected.
  View Answer

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Commercial Graduate Scheme
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Application
Online Tests
Telephone Interview- competancy based, why do you want to work for L'Oreal?
Assessment Day- Group activities and individual presentation
Final interview with manager- Sell me this shampoo, competency questions, why should I hire you over any of the other graduates?

Interview Question – What are the challenges and opportunities for mens beauty products?
Give me an innovative idea for increasing sales of men's beauty products
  Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in October 2008.

Interview Details – It can go either very very quick or very slow. In my case it was extremely quick. There are about 3 interviews on average if you are hired mid level: HR, in-line manager and general manager. Interviews are in a firendly conversational manner. A lot of time is spend to test your affinity with beauty products, your creativity and your eye for beautiful things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a product or an acitivity that really wowed you In the last year as a marketeer   Answer Question
  • Tell me about an ad which really impressed your in the last year   Answer Question
  • Showing a product: tell me what this products USP, what does it stand for, decribe colours, aethetics impression, fragrance   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I have pushed on salary and they moved

Category Manager Interview

Category Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2012.

Interview Details – After sending my CV and Covering letter I was informed that I had to pass a maths test.
It was a Kenexa test, so make sure you practice some of them if you have access to them (my uni offered some Kenexa practice tests).
After passing the test I had a telephone interview with a very friendly HR employee. It was mostly a competency interview but at the end she asked me to give her a SWOT analysis of a L'Oreal product and also speak about a L'Oreal TV ad that I like.
The final stage was the Assessment Centre. It was from 9am until 5pm. During that time I had a group exercise, a presentation (based on a case study that they gave us) and an interview. The people were very friendly and they tried to make this experience as stress-less as possible. Also, the time was more than enough to prepare for all the exercises.

Interview Question – Give me a SWOT analysis of a L'Oreal product.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2012.

Interview Details – I have just had my telephone interview with L'Oreal and thought I would put up some of the questions I was asked, as I found this thread extremely useful in my preparation...

I had a friendly interviewer from the HR department who even provided feedback at the end (Very nice)
It is extremely important to demonstrate that you have a passion for the beauty industry, L'Oreal itself, and for the specific department you are applying for. They do not ask any questions to trick you out but you must be fully prepared and have done all the background research possible on the brands, competitors, product launches and a SWOT analysis would be helpful...Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for L'Oreal and Why the marketing department?   View Answer
  • The 3 things you would like to achieve this year.   View Answer
  • What is an entrepreneurial task that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you used an innovative solution to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question
  • Give me a short SWOT analysis for your favourite L'Oreal product.

Tell me a L'Oreal launch within the past 12 months that u think has been successful.
    An obstacle that you have overcome
    A time when you have had a dispute with someone in a group
    A time when you have coached or led a group.
    What do you expect to be doing as part of the internship?
      Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have not declined offer...I am in second stage of application process.

Graduate Interview

Graduate
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2010.

Interview Details – Uninspiring interviewist

Interview Question – Describe a successful advertising campaign and why you thought it was so successful, and explain how you would have done it differently.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offered a job somewhere else

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!