L'Oréal Interview Questions in London, England

3.2

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions
    • None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

I applied through a recruiter who did the initial application for me.

The first stage was an interview with a member of the HR team for a general conversation and some basic "give me an example of when you've..." style questions.

The second stage was an interview with the sales strategy director. This was more of a general conversation about my background and where'd I'd like to go. Mid way through a random maths question was asked to test my numerical skills before the interview continued with general questions.

The next stage involved meeting a National Account Controller who asked some background questions with most questions centered around my style of working and what sort of cultural fit I preferred.

The final interview was with the Commercial/Sales director which was relatively informal.

The offer was received 2 weeks later and I accepted, after some salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    They try to keep salaries low and are very difficult to negotiate with. I managed to increase their initial offer by 5% but that took quite some time

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Included; online application, telephone interview (competency) and then an assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Rating yourself in 4 categories based around the on a scale of 1-10 and giving an explanation of choice.   Answer Question

Director of Brand Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Incredibly competent and forthcoming HR Staff. Great interview process.

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in December 2012.

Online Application - 3 long competency questions

Telephone Interview - 30 minutes with HR assistant - competency, why you want to work for Loreal, Product SWOT Analysis

Assessment Centre - extremely high pressure, hard, one group debate, marketing presentation, maths test, one to one interview with manager. lunch with current placement students/graduates

Interview Questions
    • Presentation on the day was hard, 2 hours to read a huge book of information / KPIS on mens products and create a whole new product, campaign and launch.   Answer Question

Assistant Commercial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2013.

applied online with CV and cover letter. phone call next day from HR spoke for 3mins about my experiences atc then asked to do numerical test the next day. email the next working day saying i passed and asked for interview in 2weeks time. passed interviews with Recruiting manager and commercial controller. Invitedd for final interview the following week.

Interview Questions
    • talk about any finance topic for 10 mins. what did i introduce to a former employer where i worked.
      stadard inerview questions, strength weaknesses why me. difficult questions but expected.
        View Answer

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Application
    Online Tests
    Telephone Interview- competancy based, why do you want to work for L'Oreal?
    Assessment Day- Group activities and individual presentation
    Final interview with manager- Sell me this shampoo, competency questions, why should I hire you over any of the other graduates?

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges and opportunities for mens beauty products?
      Give me an innovative idea for increasing sales of men's beauty products
        Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in October 2008.

It can go either very very quick or very slow. In my case it was extremely quick. There are about 3 interviews on average if you are hired mid level: HR, in-line manager and general manager. Interviews are in a firendly conversational manner. A lot of time is spend to test your affinity with beauty products, your creativity and your eye for beautiful things.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a product or an acitivity that really wowed you In the last year as a marketeer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an ad which really impressed your in the last year   Answer Question
    • Showing a product: tell me what this products USP, what does it stand for, decribe colours, aethetics impression, fragrance   View Answer
    I have pushed on salary and they moved

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2012.

After sending my CV and Covering letter I was informed that I had to pass a maths test.
    It was a Kenexa test, so make sure you practice some of them if you have access to them (my uni offered some Kenexa practice tests).
    After passing the test I had a telephone interview with a very friendly HR employee. It was mostly a competency interview but at the end she asked me to give her a SWOT analysis of a L'Oreal product and also speak about a L'Oreal TV ad that I like.
    The final stage was the Assessment Centre. It was from 9am until 5pm. During that time I had a group exercise, a presentation (based on a case study that they gave us) and an interview. The people were very friendly and they tried to make this experience as stress-less as possible. Also, the time was more than enough to prepare for all the exercises.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal in January 2012.

I have just had my telephone interview with L'Oreal and thought I would put up some of the questions I was asked, as I found this thread extremely useful in my preparation...

I had a friendly interviewer from the HR department who even provided feedback at the end (Very nice)
    It is extremely important to demonstrate that you have a passion for the beauty industry, L'Oreal itself, and for the specific department you are applying for. They do not ask any questions to trick you out but you must be fully prepared and have done all the background research possible on the brands, competitors, product launches and a SWOT analysis would be helpful...Good Luck

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for L'Oreal and Why the marketing department?   View Answer
    • The 3 things you would like to achieve this year.   View Answer
    • What is an entrepreneurial task that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you used an innovative solution to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question
    • Give me a short SWOT analysis for your favourite L'Oreal product.

Tell me a L'Oreal launch within the past 12 months that u think has been successful.
      An obstacle that you have overcome
      A time when you have had a dispute with someone in a group
      A time when you have coached or led a group.
      What do you expect to be doing as part of the internship?
        Answer Question

Have not declined offer...I am in second stage of application process.

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!