L'Oréal Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Jul 13, 2015

3.2

Consumer and Markets Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application form, then had a numerical test 3 months later, then was invited to a telephone interview the next day and 2 weeks later I attended an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of technical questions in the assessment centre, so make sure you know about the beauty industry   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then waited a few weeks for a response. I received an email detailing that I had a day to complete an online numerical test. After a week I then received an email to inform me that i had 'benchmarked' on the test and therefore an through to the next stage which would be a telephone interview the next day. After completing the telephone interview I was invited to the assessment centre day a few days later and was given two days to prepare a presentation based on a brief of one of their leading brands. At the assessment centre there was another round of numerical tests, my presentation (They gave us an hour to add in additional information on the day) and a group exercise. After Lunch the group was cut and successful candidates were asked to stay on for a one on one interview. Questions asked were to determine whether I was a fit for the L'Oreal working environment and competency based questions. I am currently waiting two weeks to receive feedback and whether I have been accepted for the placement position. Remember to take questions about the position and about working at L'Oreal.

Interview Questions

• Where do your strengths lie?/ What is your main weakness   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you had to persuade someone round to your way of thinking   Answer Question
    • What does beauty mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What could be the main threat of your presentation idea?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to make a really hard decision that benefited you in the future.   Answer Question

I haven't declined, am waiting two weeks to find out whether I have got the position

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application with online tests, followed by a straight forward telephone interview. The telephone interview was around 15 minutes long with basic questions such as Why L'Oréal? Why the role? Some questions about L'Oréal itself but nothing too hard after some background research. Make sure to be enthusiastic as the interviewer praised my enthusiasm! It took 2 months to hear back after this interview. The next round was an assessment centre in the head office in Hammersmith. We were given a brief at the start of what the day would consist of - numerical test, attention to detail test, group exercise, presentation of a prepared case study and a final interview. There is a cut-off half way through the day. None of this was too hard and all the staff were really friendly and encouraging.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions

• None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who did the initial application for me. The first stage was an interview with a member of the HR team for a general conversation and some basic "give me an example of when you've..." style questions. The second stage was an interview with the sales strategy director. This was more of a general conversation about my background and where'd I'd like to go. Mid way through a random maths question was asked to test my numerical skills before the interview continued with general questions. The next stage involved meeting a National Account Controller who asked some background questions with most questions centered around my style of working and what sort of cultural fit I preferred. The final interview was with the Commercial/Sales director which was relatively informal. The offer was received 2 weeks later and I accepted, after some salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They try to keep salaries low and are very difficult to negotiate with. I managed to increase their initial offer by 5% but that took quite some time

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Included; online application, telephone interview (competency) and then an assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Rating yourself in 4 categories based around the on a scale of 1-10 and giving an explanation of choice.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, on the company website. I applied for a placement year - Marketing Internship. The Interview process took more or less 2 months. The environment was very competitive, and stressful. All other candidates really wanted the job, and were very prepared. Interviewers were very professional, and asked some difficult questions.

Director of Brand Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Incredibly competent and forthcoming HR Staff. Great interview process.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Easy going and friendly environment which allowed for a relaxing and less tense interview. This enabled me to be myself and lt my personality shine through and therefore prevented any robotic or rigid impression to be made, which is typically in serious interviews scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Asked for explanations of various IT technical terms to ensure I was knowledgeable of trade terms.   1 Answer

Assistant Commercial Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

applied online with CV and cover letter. phone call next day from HR spoke for 3mins about my experiences atc then asked to do numerical test the next day. email the next working day saying i passed and asked for interview in 2weeks time. passed interviews with Recruiting manager and commercial controller. Invitedd for final interview the following week.

Interview Questions

• talk about any finance topic for 10 mins. what did i introduce to a former employer where i worked. stadard inerview questions, strength weaknesses why me. difficult questions but expected.   1 Answer