L'Oréal

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Applied through university and 2 weeks later set up a brief phone screen with HR. From there, I was invited to come to the Taste of L'oreal weekend. The weekend included a full day where you work with a team on a "problem" as observers take notes. There was also a 2-on-1 interview where they as questions similar to the HR phone screen as well as more in-depth questions. Difficult interview because of the nerve-wrecking process. Taste of L'oreal is weekend-long interview, the interviewers were really nice, but it got pretty stressful at times.

Interview Question – During 2-on-1, they asked questions about how you would go about marketing a certain product to a specific population.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – 3 hours, group interview and individual exercises.

Group consisted of negotiating with fellow interviewees while interviewers watch. This involved coming to a decision as part of a team for funding for a "cause" I was given.

Individual consisted of being asked to launch a new product and marketing campaign for Boots and then give a presentation using Flip boards.

Also a one on one 30 minute competency based interview with HR.

Interview Question – SWOT on a product given to you during interview   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Applied through the Taste of L'Oreal weekend - has a phone screen with HR and then about 1.5 weeks later got invited to their recruitment weekend in NY

Interview Question – The official interviews themselves were not too bad but you do a case for about 7 hours one of the days and it does get quite exhausting   Answer Question

Torino (Italy)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal in July 2013.

Interview Details – In the interview there are 3 steps. First there is an individual presentation of 5 minutes, then a creative presentation and finally a group assessment. If you pass these 3 step you will be interviewed individually by the HR and the Managers

Interview Question – To target these L'oreal products to the right market segment   Answer Question

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through a school portal. Got a phone call from an HR executive a few weeks later. She asked some general things about myself and some part about my resume. Went for an interview with the brand manager a few weeks later. Generally, the interview was very casual and standard. She walked me through my interview and asked some personal question. Overall, not much pressure.

Interview Question – A question about the brand dilemma.   Answer Question

Intern Marketing Interview

Intern Marketing
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and one week later I had a phone interview, there was nothing special, she asked me about my studies, work experience, expectations, why I chose L'Oréal, why this position. I had to give examples. It took only 10 minutes.

Interview Question – How do you work under stress?   Answer Question

Interviewed at L'Oréal

Interview Details – Phone interview: about half an hour, varied questions about the background, projects previously done, knowing of the company, and questions type "what would you do if..."

Interview Question – Compare the positioning of *random brand* and *other random brand*   Answer Question

Brussels (Belgium)

I applied online and interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – 1st a phone interview - generic HR questions about the CV and more specific questions about the products and how to launch a product chosen by me.

2. Assessment center - we were four people negotiating about the allocation of funds of four different CSR projects.

3. Interview with hiring manager - had to comment a lot of products belonging to her brand.

Interview Question – The fact that the business case was about CSR and not marketgin   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Intern Marketing Interview

Intern Marketing

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – I applied an internship position in marketing department trough their website. In one week they called me and we made a short telephone interview about my academic background and expectations. Afterwards I got an invitation to group interview. I made the group interview with 13 people. Firstly we introduced ourselves then we are asked to express ourselves by doing a collage using past L'Oreal advertisements (naturally glue and paper). In the second part we carried out an easy business case. After a week I got the phone and I am selected to second interview. It was with the product manager and we talked about the products.

Interview Question – How many bottles of shampoo used in India?   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview Details – Following the initial application, I received a telephone interview booked around three weeks in advance. It seemed that the person who interviewed me was fairly junior. Interview took place in French and English, and concerned competency questions and impressions of the company. I was also asked about what I could bring to the company before being given the chance to ask my own questions.

Interview Question – What branch of L'Oreal would you like to work for? When I named a few possible options, I was asked in French about the differences between their target markets.   Answer Question

Worked for L'Oréal? Contribute to the Community!