L'Oréal

Updated Nov 27, 2014

3.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in September 2014.

FIRSTLY: phone interview

SECONDLY: ASSESSMENT CENTER

1. Introduction in group with other candidates: Who are you, what position are you applying for and why should we hire you.
2. Present 10' presentation (in group) of 'The Retail Visit' that candidates had to prepare
3. Logical test: calculate some numbers and interpret them
4. 10' break
5. Individual assessment: feedback on presentation & logical test
6. Selected candidates had an interview with a product manager

Interview Questions
  • What is the thing that you want to learn as a person during your internship? How would you boost this product's sales?   View Answer
non existant

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in December 2013.

The hiring process was stimulating and interesting. The process was divided into 3 steps. 2 group assessments, a personal interview and an online maths test.
    The first group assessment was about creativity, the second was a role play where candidates took part as various division of the company to decide upon an annual budget. The second assessment mostly focuses on team playing and time management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an innovation that happened in the cosmetic industry in the past six months and why is it meaningful.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

After sent the cv, got telephone interview, about 5 minutes. Questions related to motivation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal in July 2012.

I applied online and got a phone call within a week to plan an interview at the HQ. There, I met with HR to talk about my history of education. The questions were pretty standard, about good/bad characteristics, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you expect of this internship, why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is an example of an excellent marketing campaign?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in May 2012.

The application process in quite long. I submitted my resume in early May and I got an interview for the end of June. Almost 2 months. After that expect at least 3 interviews. One screening interview with HR, one with the HR Manager, another one with a Marketing Manager and one last one with HR to negotiate the job offer.

For Marketing they will ask you to improve or criticize a product, make a commercial on the spot and analyze a magazine ad. Be creative!

Interview Questions
    • On the spot commercial for a shampoo with a Marketing campaign   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal in December 2011.

Joined a competition. Had presentation. They will observe the candidates by mingle around with them. They are looking for great outstanding personality, fun and innovative people.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in July 2010.

First interview was with the HR personnel to get to know a bit about your background, experiences, and qualifications.

Second Interview was with a Product Manager and also Director to determine your relative fit for the position. Director wants to know about your experiences and what you can bring to the company. Also, they are looking for highly creative individuals to join their team. Product Manager looks at your abilities to think on the spot. They give you graphs and tables to look at and evaluate your on the spot analytical abilities.

The people are L'Oreal are pretty nice, but it seems that the team here in Hong Kong is relatively small and there are few opportunities for promotion to senior level management.

Interview Questions
    • What point-of-sale promotion did you notice recently?   View Answer

Marketer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal in June 2010.

they say my major not very sute for that place

not sute for my develop

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in January 2008.

Bien que j'ai été chassé pour un poste (rare pour une entreprise qui recrute normalement en interne.) J'ai dû passer cinq entretiens et des tests personnels.

Le premier entretien était conventionnel, parlez-nous de vous, forces et faiblesses, pourquoi avez-vous changé de travail, etc...

Le deuxième, le jeu s'est intensifié et ainsi de suite jusqu'au cinquième entretien.

Avant d'en avoir terminé, j'avais justifié de connaissances approfondies d'analyses de comptes P&L, en défendant un plan marketing imaginaire avec des dépenses à +25% vs aujourd'hui, montré mes connaissances du marché dans des questions de type QCM. Un comité de discussion vraiment dur pour finir.

Although I was headhuntet for a position (rare for a company that normaly hires from own ranks) I had to go through 5 interviews and to personally tests.

First interview was a classic, tell us about you, strenghts and weaknesses, why did you change jobs...etc.
    Second one, the game was stepped up and so forth until fifth interview.
    By the time I was through, I had justified in depth knowledge of P&L accounts analysis, defending an imaginary marketing plan with a +25% spending vs today, shown my knowledge of the market in cross-check questions. Real tough panel discussion in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Veuillez décrire de façon détaillée la manière dont vous réagiriez à une baisse importante du chiffre d'affaires, pendant que dans le même temps vous devez rester engagé à fournir le même résultat net. Veuillez être explicite dans vos décisions de réducti   Please make a thorough walk through on the board of how you would deal with a major drop in turnover - but you have to stay committed to delivering the same buttom line. Please be explicit in your decisions on cutting in the adv. budget.   Answer Question
    Juste et dur. Soyez prêts, jusqu'au moindre détail. Assurez-vous de justifier pourquoi vous demandez quelque chose.