L'Oréal Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The HR reached out for me on LinkedIn then we had our first phone screen . Got the on site interview weeks later and had 3 rounds in a row in the same day.

Interview Questions

• First round with HR some behavioral questions. Second round with the department manager I will directly report to, same questions as HR, asked about my experience and my knowledge about that brand I'm interviewing for. Third round with the VP, didn't really ask any questions, only asked me to tell her about myself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consists of multiple steps. First, you submit your application online. Second, you will be contacted for a phone interview (it only lasts about 15 minutes) if they are interested in you. The interview revolves around behavioral questions and every person receives different questions for the most part. About a week later, you will hear back regarding whether or not you advance to the final round, 'A Taste of L'Oreal' in which the company will fly you out to NYC. In NYC, everything is kicked up about 50 notches. The first night includes networking with people who work at the company (they even brought the CEO to talk to us, which was a pretty amazing experience). The second day (and most intense day), consists of an all day case study. If you apply for CPD, there is a winning team, however, there isn't a winning team for the other divisions. On the final day, you go in for an interview (2 on 1). One person is from HR and the other is from your department. Most questions are focused on the case study you did the day before, with a couple of behavioral questions. This interview will last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview question: What is a recent purchase you made that you regret and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

L'Oreal really treats its potential interns like royalty. The effort that is put into the Taste of L'Oreal weekend event truly proves how much L'Oreal values their interns and how passionate and welcoming the L'Oreal team is. The Taste of L'Oreal event is a great learning experience even if an internship is not offered.

Interview Questions

• The 7 Hour Case study was intimidating. However, I did have a significant amount of fun during the process and really bonded with the other candidates.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Hoofddorp (Netherlands)).

Interview

I applied online on their corporate website and I was contacted within a week to schedule a meeting with the (junior) recruiter. After the first interview there is an interview with the marketing managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe three Loreal products not from a marketing perspective with three words   Answer Question

I did not appreciate the disrespectful behavior of the recruiter. She seemed disinterested throughout the interview. She was 20 min late did not apologize for it. Was overall very unfriendly wanted to only focus on your weaknesses. Very unprofessional she changed my perspective on L'oreal in a negative way.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Prague (Czech Republic)) in December 2014.

Interview

1. Following online application I got invitation to AC. 2. AC with 10-15 candidates for the same position started with a brief introduction in English followed by a numerical test (shl format). After, we had individual task to create marketing mix of a chosen product. Finally, we were solving analytical "puzzle" in groups. 3. Interview with future line manager and group brand manager (deeper dive into your experience). As a part of the interview there were few tasks to test again your creativity, analytical thinking and Excel skills. 4. Offer

Interview Questions

• How many face cream pots are sold every year in your country?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Hoofddorp (Netherlands)) in November 2014.

Interview

I got into contact with L'Oréal through an in-house day, after which they invited me to apply. First I had an interview with HR, which consisted mostly of general questions about my education, experiences etc and some personality questions. The second stage was an interview with the product manager who would be my manager. This interview was pretty similar to the first one, some more role related questions about products/campaigns.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Brussels (Belgium)) in September 2014.

Interview

FIRSTLY: phone interview SECONDLY: ASSESSMENT CENTER 1. Introduction in group with other candidates: Who are you, what position are you applying for and why should we hire you. 2. Present 10' presentation (in group) of 'The Retail Visit' that candidates had to prepare 3. Logical test: calculate some numbers and interpret them 4. 10' break 5. Individual assessment: feedback on presentation & logical test 6. Selected candidates had an interview with a product manager

Interview Questions

• What is the thing that you want to learn as a person during your internship? How would you boost this product's sales?   1 Answer

Negotiation

non existant

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Mexico City (Mexico)) in June 2014.

Interview

El proceso de selección consta de diversos filtros, primeramente exámenes de razonamiento lógico y matemático, posteriormente un assesment y una vez que has pasado estos filtros vienen las entrevistas con quienes serían tus jefes y con los jefes de tus posibles jefes

Interview Questions

• Por qué quieres trabajar en esa empresa   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

the interview process was rather quick. It started with phone interview with HR, followed by a brand manager. Later, i was called for a phone interview and another face to face interview with two other managers. I was given a choice between two divisions. The whole process took about two weeks (i.e. from first phone interview to contract signing). The interviews were quite casual and easy going.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in marketing? why do you want to work for L'Oreal?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online, on the company website. I applied for a placement year - Marketing Internship. The Interview process took more or less 2 months. The environment was very competitive, and stressful. All other candidates really wanted the job, and were very prepared. Interviewers were very professional, and asked some difficult questions.