L'Oréal

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

3.4

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

L'Oreal really treats its potential interns like royalty. The effort that is put into the Taste of L'Oreal weekend event truly proves how much L'Oreal values their interns and how passionate and welcoming the L'Oreal team is. The Taste of L'Oreal event is a great learning experience even if an internship is not offered.

Interview Questions
  • The 7 Hour Case study was intimidating. However, I did have a significant amount of fun during the process and really bonded with the other candidates.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Employee in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

I applied online on their corporate website and I was contacted within a week to schedule a meeting with the (junior) recruiter. After the first interview there is an interview with the marketing managers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe three Loreal products not from a marketing perspective with three words   Answer Question

I did not appreciate the disrespectful behavior of the recruiter. She seemed disinterested throughout the interview. She was 20 min late did not apologize for it. Was overall very unfriendly wanted to only focus on your weaknesses. Very unprofessional she changed my perspective on L'oreal in a negative way.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in December 2014.

1. Following online application I got invitation to AC.
    2. AC with 10-15 candidates for the same position started with a brief introduction in English followed by a numerical test (shl format). After, we had individual task to create marketing mix of a chosen product. Finally, we were solving analytical "puzzle" in groups.
    3. Interview with future line manager and group brand manager (deeper dive into your experience). As a part of the interview there were few tasks to test again your creativity, analytical thinking and Excel skills.
    4. Offer

Interview Questions
    • How many face cream pots are sold every year in your country?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in September 2014.

FIRSTLY: phone interview

SECONDLY: ASSESSMENT CENTER

1. Introduction in group with other candidates: Who are you, what position are you applying for and why should we hire you.
    2. Present 10' presentation (in group) of 'The Retail Visit' that candidates had to prepare
    3. Logical test: calculate some numbers and interpret them
    4. 10' break
    5. Individual assessment: feedback on presentation & logical test
    6. Selected candidates had an interview with a product manager

Interview Questions
    • What is the thing that you want to learn as a person during your internship? How would you boost this product's sales?   View Answer
    non existant

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)
    Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in December 2013.

The hiring process was stimulating and interesting. The process was divided into 3 steps. 2 group assessments, a personal interview and an online maths test.
    The first group assessment was about creativity, the second was a role play where candidates took part as various division of the company to decide upon an annual budget. The second assessment mostly focuses on team playing and time management.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an innovation that happened in the cosmetic industry in the past six months and why is it meaningful.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

After sent the cv, got telephone interview, about 5 minutes. Questions related to motivation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoofddorp (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal in July 2012.

I applied online and got a phone call within a week to plan an interview at the HQ. There, I met with HR to talk about my history of education. The questions were pretty standard, about good/bad characteristics, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you expect of this internship, why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is an example of an excellent marketing campaign?   View Answer

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in May 2012.

The application process in quite long. I submitted my resume in early May and I got an interview for the end of June. Almost 2 months. After that expect at least 3 interviews. One screening interview with HR, one with the HR Manager, another one with a Marketing Manager and one last one with HR to negotiate the job offer.

For Marketing they will ask you to improve or criticize a product, make a commercial on the spot and analyze a magazine ad. Be creative!

Interview Questions
    • On the spot commercial for a shampoo with a Marketing campaign   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal in December 2011.

Joined a competition. Had presentation. They will observe the candidates by mingle around with them. They are looking for great outstanding personality, fun and innovative people.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in July 2010.

First interview was with the HR personnel to get to know a bit about your background, experiences, and qualifications.

Second Interview was with a Product Manager and also Director to determine your relative fit for the position. Director wants to know about your experiences and what you can bring to the company. Also, they are looking for highly creative individuals to join their team. Product Manager looks at your abilities to think on the spot. They give you graphs and tables to look at and evaluate your on the spot analytical abilities.

The people are L'Oreal are pretty nice, but it seems that the team here in Hong Kong is relatively small and there are few opportunities for promotion to senior level management.

Interview Questions
    • What point-of-sale promotion did you notice recently?   View Answer