L'Oréal Research Trainee Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Research Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in June 2008.

Submitted my CV and cover letter to HR following an ad posted in the chemistry department at my university. A week or so later I was contacted by an HR representative by email and asked if I could come for interviews 2 weeks later: a 1:1 interview with her and also a technical interview with a presentation with two lab managers. The topic of the presentation was free but it had to be technical.

For the interviews I researched the company, its organization, brands. I made sure I had practical examples to give with my answers about my character. For the presentation, I picked a technical subject I knew well and i thought would also be interesting for the managers. I also planned several questions for both interviews.

The HR interview was 1 hour with standard questions (strengths and weaknesses...). I was also asked about the company (brands, products) and if i would consider working in other areas in the company. Overall the discussion with the lab managers was very informative as they took the time to explain how their department worked.

I heard back from HR about a month later to say the project had been canceled. They said they would keep me in their shortlist for future projects. I got a call 5 months later and was offered the position without having to go through th hiring process again.

Interview Questions