L'Oréal Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 25, 2015

3.1

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Long process but fairly easy. Phone interview asked about competencies and the. got through to the assessment day but not successful because of failing on the numerical and attention to detail tests however the group exercise and other two interviews went well and the employers were extremely chilled and friendly

Interview Questions

• Recent product launch in loreal   2 Answers

Events Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

Interview was over the phone and quite relaxed, she asked lots of questions about competencies, as well as one or two about motivation for joining L'Oreal, as well as some facts about it. Got an offer to an assessment centre, but ended up being analysed for a different department than what I applied for without knowing, so I didn't get the job as I wasn't knowledgeable enough...

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something you've recently seen L'Oreal do in the media.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

I applied for a placement in Supply Chain. I had a telephone interview followed by assessment center. The interview was about 20 minutes. The assessment center included a tour of the building, attention to detail test, numerical test, 2 interviews, one of which less informal, group work and case study.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions -why us, why supply chain and be prepared with many situation, a question about strengths and weaknesses of one of their products   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal (Bury, North West England, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview Questions

• applied online, then went for an interview. Within the interview was asked to talk about their products. Asked me about myself and why want to work for them? Two interviews (HR manager and the manager of the department).   Answer Question

National Account Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen, 2 x face to face interviews followed by further 4 x face to face interviews. Overall my experience was very poor, which I believe is due to the recruitement machine not linking up with the business. Initially, I was given the wrong information about who I was meeting and the role I was applying for meaning I was entirely unprepared. However, I was asked to apply in another department which I did, taking another day of work. A very long story, cut short I never got feedback from L'Oreal. I phoned and mailed several times and was told feedback was very positive and was awaiting feedback from one interviewer who was off. Aftermore chasing I concluded that clearly the answer was a no. Given I took two days off work and the investment of time by L'Oreal this feels like a bad experience all round.

Interview Questions

• Less experienced interviews stuck to mainly competency based questions. More experienced interested in experience an CV   1 Answer

Marketing Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Interview

First I had to submit my CV and cover letter. Then I had to take the online tests, and as I was successful I got a phone interview. They gave me 4 days to prepare, the questions were strength/competency based, such as a time I had been innovative, or a time i had received negative feedback. I was also asked to give SWOT analysis of a loreal product, to discuss why I wanted to work for the company, and why I had chosen the specific role. All very straightforward, only took 20 minutes. I then had to wait two weeks to find out I had an assessment centre, I got told 4 days before, and the day before got given a case study to prepare a presentation for. On the day everyone was very friendly, we got more time to prepare for the presentation, we had to retake the numerical test, and then we had a group exercise based on charities loreal works with. We were taken for lunch with some people on placement, and after lunch, if we had been successful throughout the first three exercises we had a one on one interview. The interview was about an hour, very relaxed and friendly. I am now waiting to hear back whether I have gotten an offer or not, as it takes 2-3 weeks.

Consumer and Markets Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application form, then had a numerical test 3 months later, then was invited to a telephone interview the next day and 2 weeks later I attended an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of technical questions in the assessment centre, so make sure you know about the beauty industry   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then waited a few weeks for a response. I received an email detailing that I had a day to complete an online numerical test. After a week I then received an email to inform me that i had 'benchmarked' on the test and therefore an through to the next stage which would be a telephone interview the next day. After completing the telephone interview I was invited to the assessment centre day a few days later and was given two days to prepare a presentation based on a brief of one of their leading brands. At the assessment centre there was another round of numerical tests, my presentation (They gave us an hour to add in additional information on the day) and a group exercise. After Lunch the group was cut and successful candidates were asked to stay on for a one on one interview. Questions asked were to determine whether I was a fit for the L'Oreal working environment and competency based questions. I am currently waiting two weeks to receive feedback and whether I have been accepted for the placement position. Remember to take questions about the position and about working at L'Oreal.

Interview Questions

• Where do your strengths lie?/ What is your main weakness   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you had to persuade someone round to your way of thinking   Answer Question
    • What does beauty mean to you?   Answer Question
    • What could be the main threat of your presentation idea?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to make a really hard decision that benefited you in the future.   Answer Question

I haven't declined, am waiting two weeks to find out whether I have got the position

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Online application with online tests, followed by a straight forward telephone interview. The telephone interview was around 15 minutes long with basic questions such as Why L'Oréal? Why the role? Some questions about L'Oréal itself but nothing too hard after some background research. Make sure to be enthusiastic as the interviewer praised my enthusiasm! It took 2 months to hear back after this interview. The next round was an assessment centre in the head office in Hammersmith. We were given a brief at the start of what the day would consist of - numerical test, attention to detail test, group exercise, presentation of a prepared case study and a final interview. There is a cut-off half way through the day. None of this was too hard and all the staff were really friendly and encouraging.

Interview Questions

Interview

Submitted application, CV and optional cover letter, did online test, then had a telephone interview and then I was invited to an assessment centre. The day involved a case study, group exercise, redoing numerical test, and competency based interviews - you have to pass a bench mark in the first three tasks before you do the interviews. If you don't pass you get sent home.

Interview Questions

• They are based on innovation and want innovative people in all areas so you need some good ideas up your sleeve!   Answer Question