L'Oréal

Updated Dec 1, 2014

3.2

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied on the company's website. Was then asked to complete a numerical test - not too difficult but it is crucial to remain focused while completing it.
    I was then invited to a phone interview (only given half a day to prepare). The HR interviewee was very friendly and made the experience comfortable. Be sure to prepare examples for all competencies to make it easier for you to answer!
    Was then invited to assessment day, which I am now preparing for!

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal.

Initial contact about assessment interview, was by email after completing the application form online. Only one assessment centre in London, seemed informal. Candidates were asked to have a presentation to hand. There wasn't a one on one interview for this initial stage as this was the first round, however candidates were expected to show knowledge of the company and the cosmetic industry.

Interview Questions
    • None technical interview as I did not get through to the next stage   Answer Question

Department Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Had an interview with HR once and then with the director of Make up department in R&D centre. Most of the questions are to test personality through talking. English and computer skills are compulsory which also have been tested.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

I applied through a recruiter who did the initial application for me.

The first stage was an interview with a member of the HR team for a general conversation and some basic "give me an example of when you've..." style questions.

The second stage was an interview with the sales strategy director. This was more of a general conversation about my background and where'd I'd like to go. Mid way through a random maths question was asked to test my numerical skills before the interview continued with general questions.

The next stage involved meeting a National Account Controller who asked some background questions with most questions centered around my style of working and what sort of cultural fit I preferred.

The final interview was with the Commercial/Sales director which was relatively informal.

The offer was received 2 weeks later and I accepted, after some salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    They try to keep salaries low and are very difficult to negotiate with. I managed to increase their initial offer by 5% but that took quite some time

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Applied online - usual questionnaire style application form. Include CV and covering letter, I think the cover letter is very important - chance to sell yourself and why you picked L'Oreal
    E-mail for numerical reasoning test - numerical test was not as hard as others I have attempted
    Telephone Interview - Lovely HR personnel, 20 minute interview, competency based
    Assessment Centre - long, challenging day; various activities including other numerical/aptitude tests, interviews and group tasks.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest risk? - Didn't prepare for this question!
      Some tasks on the day were more challenging than others.

Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Included; online application, telephone interview (competency) and then an assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Rating yourself in 4 categories based around the on a scale of 1-10 and giving an explanation of choice.   Answer Question

Director of Brand Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Incredibly competent and forthcoming HR Staff. Great interview process.

Assistant Commercial Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal in April 2013.

applied online with CV and cover letter. phone call next day from HR spoke for 3mins about my experiences atc then asked to do numerical test the next day. email the next working day saying i passed and asked for interview in 2weeks time. passed interviews with Recruiting manager and commercial controller. Invitedd for final interview the following week.

Interview Questions
    • talk about any finance topic for 10 mins. what did i introduce to a former employer where i worked.
      stadard inerview questions, strength weaknesses why me. difficult questions but expected.

View Answer

Commercial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal.

Application
    Online Tests
    Telephone Interview- competancy based, why do you want to work for L'Oreal?
    Assessment Day- Group activities and individual presentation
    Final interview with manager- Sell me this shampoo, competency questions, why should I hire you over any of the other graduates?

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges and opportunities for mens beauty products?
      Give me an innovative idea for increasing sales of men's beauty products

Answer Question

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal in December 2012.

Online Application - 3 long competency questions

Telephone Interview - 30 minutes with HR assistant - competency, why you want to work for Loreal, Product SWOT Analysis

Assessment Centre - extremely high pressure, hard, one group debate, marketing presentation, maths test, one to one interview with manager. lunch with current placement students/graduates

Interview Questions
    • Presentation on the day was hard, 2 hours to read a huge book of information / KPIS on mens products and create a whole new product, campaign and launch.   Answer Question