L'Oréal USA Intern Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.2

Intern Interview

Interview

The process begins early in the fall of junior year. Many steps to the process and lots of hoops to jump, as it is very competitive. Initial application consists of cover letter plus a series of essays. The next round is a phone interview. Then Taste of L'Oreal weekend in NYC, which is a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Taste of L'Oreal was definitely the most difficult step in general. They have a day of "case" interview where they observe you very closely in a group. Important to be the right amount of involved and to be a good team player, not overbearing.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal USA

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process for marketing interns is a weekend long process called "Taste of L'Oreal." After a phone interview, chosen applicants are flown to New York for a super weekend. Night one involves listening to upper level executives discuss the company and its culture followed by a networking event. On day 2, interns are separated by their divisions of choice for a daylong case study assignment followed by a presentation to executives. Loreal employees are assigned to approximately 2 applicants each and observe and take notes all day on group work, strengths, weaknesses, reactions, etc. Day 3 is the formal interviews with 2 employees who monitored you group the day prior as well as an HR representative. The head of HR called 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Was given a bottle of shampoo and asked how I would market it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating as an intern.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call interview. After the phone interview, I received an email inviting me to the recruitment weekend in New York. They paid for flight, hotel, everything. Involved a recruiting weekend with both undergrads and grads, separated by CPD, PPD, and Luxe. There was a cocktail reception the first night, a day long case study the next, and the interview on the last day. The events were fun and social, but competitive.

Interview Questions

• The case study was difficult, and groups fell under time crunch.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online, heard back in 2+ weeks, 1st round group interview

Interview Questions

• What specific brand would you want to work for in L'Oreal and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Had a phone interview with Operations recruiter on a wednesday. Conversation was very pleasant and I had done all my research and was very well-prepared. Recruiter informed I'd be contacted by the end of the week or early next regarding a position she thought i'd be a great fit - but was never called back, despite three follow up emails throughout the month that followed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Regarding my immigration status and commitment to reside in the United States for an extensive period of time.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter and CV online, was invited to meet with the immediate supervisor and manager of the department. Offer was received within a week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions asked-- was asked to walk through my CV.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (Piscataway, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

Two phone interviews, first one was a screening by the head recruiter and the second one was by an engineer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

It is a very detailed interview and hiring process for their internship program. You first are selected to do a first round of phone interviews and if you make it through that you are invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, which is a weekend interview process where to do a case study as a team and then have a two on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was my knowledge base of Excel and in detail questions about how to you it and utilize it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (Franklin, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone Screeing: 45 minutes screening my personality and interpersonal skills/group work
    1 on 1 checking my problem solving ability in a manufacturing environment. Asked angle between minute and hour hand of a clock at 3:15 (I've been told by other interns they got this question)
    Urinalysis drug test within 1 week of offer

Interview Questions

• What is the angle between the minute and hour hand at 3:15   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (Clark, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

They came to a career fair at my school campus. I was signed up for an interview right after an information session. The next morning I interviewed. I did not hear anything back from them. At the end of January I received an offer letter for the summer internship with the terms of my contract already laid out.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you had to work in a culturally diverse environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The offer was just laid on the table, take it or leave it.