L'Oréal USA

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back in 2+ weeks, 1st round group interview

Interview Question – What specific brand would you want to work for in L'Oreal and why?   Answer Question

Piscataway, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, first one was a screening by the head recruiter and the second one was by an engineer

Interview Question – Time I had to use a technical solution to a problem   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview with Operations recruiter on a wednesday. Conversation was very pleasant and I had done all my research and was very well-prepared. Recruiter informed I'd be contacted by the end of the week or early next regarding a position she thought i'd be a great fit - but was never called back, despite three follow up emails throughout the month that followed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Question – Regarding my immigration status and commitment to reside in the United States for an extensive period of time.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very detailed interview and hiring process for their internship program. You first are selected to do a first round of phone interviews and if you make it through that you are invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, which is a weekend interview process where to do a case study as a team and then have a two on one interview.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was my knowledge base of Excel and in detail questions about how to you it and utilize it.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – After submitting a cover letter and CV online, was invited to meet with the immediate supervisor and manager of the department. Offer was received within a week.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked-- was asked to walk through my CV.   Answer Question

Clark, NJ

The process took 4 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2010.

Interview Details – They came to a career fair at my school campus. I was signed up for an interview right after an information session. The next morning I interviewed. I did not hear anything back from them. At the end of January I received an offer letter for the summer internship with the terms of my contract already laid out.

Interview Question – Mostly all behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you had to work in a culturally diverse environment.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. The offer was just laid on the table, take it or leave it.

Franklin, NJ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Screeing: 45 minutes screening my personality and interpersonal skills/group work
1 on 1 checking my problem solving ability in a manufacturing environment. Asked angle between minute and hour hand of a clock at 3:15 (I've been told by other interns they got this question)
Urinalysis drug test within 1 week of offer

Interview Question – What is the angle between the minute and hour hand at 3:15   View Answer

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – I was contacted for a phone interview and it took place the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with two people conducting the interview. They asked a range of questions most of them marketing based. The interviewers were extremely nice and warm and they stressed how someone could grow within the company. Eventually they felt i would be more suited for product development.

Interview Question – What product would you develop that isn't on the market?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process consisted of two interviews, a behavorial interview and a technical interview. The behavorial interview consisted of typical questions asking about prior experiences and how I have reacted to certain situations in the past. The technical interview was about L'Oreal products and how I thought they were made. They also had questions about what went wrong with certain products.

Interview Question – What went wrong in producing this product?   Answer Question

Worked for L'Oréal USA? Contribute to the Community!