L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Marketing Program Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

great and professional. extremely nice inviting and forward about the process and requirements. 3 steps from HR interview to director of team to VP - friendly human and efficient - got back to me within 3 days as promised

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Met with loreal at a career fair where I then set up an interview. My interview was with a panel of managers who were very experienced. the interview lasted almost an hour, but they were very interested about my personal life first then my professional life. They wanted experience and personality.

Interview Questions

• Why L'oreal?   1 Answer

Instrumental EvaluationScientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA (Clark, NJ).

Interview

Had the typical HR phone interview, with the basic screening questions, then a few weeks later I had a phone interview with someone in R&I (basically the same questions as before). Each lasted roughly an hour. Then I was invited for an onsite interview in Clark, NJ. Lasted roughly 2.5 hours and spoke with HR and R&I people. Most were very nice and asked me questions about my experience and previous research. It was pretty disorganized though -I was scheduled to start at noon, and pretty much everyone I spoke with seemed more concerned about getting their lunch in than conducting a solid interview. I waited around for the last person I was scheduled with for a half an hour while I was told she was out running errands, and then she rushed the interview to make a meeting she was then late for (NOT good interview etiquette!). Since I was from out of town, they put me up in a nice nearby hotel the night before, so it wasn't all bad.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous research experience translate to this job?   Answer Question

Processing Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA (Clark, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was contacted by their HR department, who then set up a phone interview with me. I spoke with the manager of R&I (the department that the position was located in), generally discussing myself, why I wanted to work for L'Oreal, and the details of the position. I was then chosen for a face-to-face interview with the same employee I spoke with on the phone, along with the VP of R&I and their HR director. Although they were all very personable and easy to talk to, the interview itself was a bit harsh. They had a list of questions that they were required to ask me in order to evaluate how I would perform in this position, and it required a lot of thinking on my feet and careful wording. However, they were not impossible questions to answer. Most consisted of questioning how I would handle myself in certain situations, and how I would go about attacking certain problems. Overall, the process (from initial resume submission to final interview) took about 2 to 2.5 weeks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been faced with a situation where you decided to go against the grain and perform a task or responsibility in a manner completely different from standard operating procedures?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online and heard back two weeks later to schedule phone interview for the next day! The phone interview was very basic - just going over resume in depth. After speaking about all of my experiences the interviewer asked follow-up questions about the technological systems used on my previous jobs and explained the primary duties and functions of the HR internship program.

Process Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

I had to do a 30 minute presentation about a problem I solved, and a case study where I answered questions like "explain how you complete a project that takes a week's worth of time in 48 hours". The interview was pointless, I never spoke about my technical skills. They just want to know if you're a masochist and will fit in with the dog-eat-dog culture of the company.

Marketing Manager-Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely tedious. There was a 2 step process. First, was an in person with HR which I got past. Then was a panel style interview that you had to create a 10 slide presentation to talk about yourself, work samples and career aspirations. The panel consisted of 10 people who were very cold and inpersonal. After my presentation I was only asked 2 questions. I had 1 /2 hours allocated but only 1/2 an hr was utilized. I was completely disappointed. HR never personally contacted me back and I got a rejection email a month later Worst experience I ever had!

Interview Questions

• How is your media background relevant to procurement?   1 Answer

Machine Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA (North Little Rock, AR).

Interview

You meet with several management types who ask lots of generic questions. Then you get put in a group of all those who apply and ry to solve different problems. Mostly seeing how you handle teamwork situations.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard. These guys and gals werent brain surgeons.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Toxicologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

I was contacted by HR shortly after submitting an online application. This call included a personality interview (typical interview questions like "what is your greatest weakness, describe a particularly challenging experience at work", etc.) and they gave me an overview of the job description, which sounded like a really great opportunity. I had checked in on my status by sending emails and calling this HR person, but I did not receive a response until 2 weeks later. It was good news, that I was to have a phone interview with the scientist I would be reporting under. That went really well, and I was asked to come out for a final in-person interview. L'Oreal made the travel arrangements. The in-person interviews with the team I'd be working with went well. They were all very nice, informative, and seemed interested in me as a candidate. However, I had expressed to the HR person that I was concerned I might be overqualified for the position, and I was also concerned about a lack of career development in the position. What the team told me was different from what the HR person told me in the initial phone screen. I thought this might have ruined my chances, but I wasn't sure that the job was a good fit for what I wanted in my next career step anyway. After weeks of them checking in and telling me that I was being strongly considered, I finally received a rejection email--5 WEEKS after my final interview. I thought that was a long time to be waiting only to not receive an offer. Also, the rejection email was for a job title I did not apply/interview for! It was for a more senior position that I would definitely have been interested in, given my strong interest in gaining more of a supervisory position. Overall, the whole interview process was unorganized, and there were obvious communication issues between HR and the leadership/scientific staff according to the feedback I received.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by email the same day to schedule a phone interview. I confirmed the time however they never called me. Very unprofessional. Received no response back as to why I was never contacted.