L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

3.1

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2015.

I applied for the position and was contacted by email the same day to schedule a phone interview. I confirmed the time however they never called me. Very unprofessional. Received no response back as to why I was never contacted.

Accounting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

By far the worst interview I've had in my career. The recruiter who contacted me was extremely unprofessional.

She had me on the speakerphone, shoveling through papers the whole time. She couldn't even remember the questions to ask me and was mumbling through the whole interview.

She sounded so uninterested (from the very start) I couldn't help but wonder why was she wasting my time. If she is a representative of L'Oréal, I wish no part of it ...

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I was asked to come in with about a week's notice, and was very excited to be meeting with 4 of the senior brand people (VP, SVP, etc.). The interviews were very long--I spent a total of about 5 hours in the office that day--and I was grilled about my marketing experiences, ability to work independently, my skills, etc. Some of the people I met with told me that L'Oreal tends to be very unorganized and that I need to be able to work autonomously and be able to shift gears at any given moment because of this lack of organization. One interviewer also pointed out that L'Oreal was great from the outside looking in, but was a "big monster" once you got in the doors.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about my experiences in marketing, social media, product development, and familiarity with the skincare industry (It was for a brand in ACD). I was asked to give examples of how I worked autonomously, an example of a challenge I've faced in my current position that I was able to overcome, and examples of social media campaigns I'd run. One interviewer grilled me about how my education in Psychology was relevant to marketing (personally, I think there's a huge crossover in psychology and marketing), asked if I've worked with legal teams (L'Oreal has a very extensive legal department) and how much I've been involved in product development and clinical claims development, as well as how much experience I had working with retail. They were standard interview questions, but the atmosphere was very tense.   View Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2015.

My sister has a friend at the company and introduced us. I then contacted her and we had a nice email conversation and she passed on my information to someone who was better suited to talk to me about opportunities. Then a 30 minute phone interview was conducted and it was awesome, fun, and really exciting.

Interview Questions
    • What exactly do you do in school and what does your major consist of?   View Answer

Short Term Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

After applying online, I was contacted abs had a 30 minute screening with one of their HR recruiters. After about a week I was notified that they wanted to bring me onsite for an interview; this interview consisted of a presentation (about yourself/a successful project), followed by Q&A, and finally a case study. All in all it took about 2 hours. After a bit of back and forth, I was then contacted by a different director for a brief phone interview. About a month later, I received the offer.

Interview Questions
    • have you ever gone beyond your boundaries to make a suggestion or change   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you faced challenges with a coworker and how did you deal with that   Answer Question
    Attempted to negotiate, was told the offer had already been adjusted and was the best case for this specific role.

Manager Interview

Very informal, had two conversations and received an offer very quickly.

Process was very disorganized. Was told the process was over when in reality there was much more to be done. Never knew what to expect.

Interview Questions
    • Just a casual conversation. No hard questions, a couple "tell me about a time", but jotting hard. Mostly talking through work history.   Answer Question
    Had to negotiate with someone who didn't have any power. Then she went to superior for approval and superior surprised everyone.

We're open to my requests, superior offered more than I asked for which was nice.

MBA Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2015.

Recruitment started at my university where L'Oreal came to the school for a corporate presentation. Applications were due quite early, 2nd week of November. I had a follow-up phone screening with an HR Finance recruiter about a month after I applied. The phone screening was a mixture of technical and behavioral questions. A few weeks later, I was invited to Taste of L'Oreal in January.

Taste of L'Oreal for finance was MBAs only and one day, versus two days for marketing. We completed a group case, followed by a 45 minute behavioral 2 on 1 interview, and then went right into presenting our case for 30 minutes with 15 minutes of Q&A. The case relied on basic financial concepts. It was information rich and the two hours that we had to prepare flew by. We completed the day around 5pm on Friday. The following Monday afternoon, I received a call indicating I was offered a summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • Group case - There were 2 people watching us and taking notes. It was a bit awkward at first, but you get used to it. I think it's a good way to measure how you work in a team. I like that this part is part of the whole evaluation process.   Answer Question

Taste of Finance 2014 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Phone screening asking basic interview questions, after you pass that then you are invited to attend a 2-day recruitment event and have to do: group project (business case), presentation (they ask you about the group project process and to present your findings), two-on-one interview (one person is HR and one is from Finance)

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about brand finance? How comfortable are you with Excel? Do you know how to do pivot tables and ...?   Answer Question

Summer Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Submitted an application online which was pretty thorough. Then I had a phone interview with mostly behavioral questions, and a few on how to increase profitability. Nothing too difficult. Over 500 people apply and only 20 made it to the final round, so remember to show how much you want to work for them. The final round of interviews is in their New York office and the whole event is called "A Taste Of L'Oreal." You have to get into teams and work on a case study with four questions and present it to the l'oreal team. While the questions itself weren't that difficult (profit margin, break-even, cost analysis etc. Know your excel!!), there was EXTREME time pressure, and having to work in teams and divide up work evenly is stressful. Don't take over the whole project, make sure to integrate everyone.
    Then, there is a 2 on 1 interview. Again, normal behavioral stuff, a few cost analysis questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you decrease the costs of (random L'Oreal product)?   Answer Question

Taste of Finance 2014 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

The process began with an online application, deadline end of October. I received an email probably less than a week later, setting up a phone screen. The phone screen was the next week and just a few days later I was emailed and invited to the the "Taste of L'Oreal" interview event.
    The Taste of Finance interview event was a 1 1/2 day even for a small group of candidates. We were introduced to various employees of the company, in both finance departments and from the HR team. Many had been with the company 10+ years, some were in their MDP program.
    The "interview" part consisted of a group case study, a presentation, and an individual interview.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a situation where you saw room for an improvement and implemented the change; Not necessarily a hard question to answer, but I was asked quite a few follow-ups on it and asked to speak further about certain points I wasn't as prepared for.   Answer Question
    no negotiation for an internship