L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2015

3.1

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (Clark, NJ).

Interview

Screening, panel with mgr. and director and finally panel with four directors with an acting task.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Radical. They know who they are, it is L'Oreal !!!

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Detailed, lots of questions about your background. situation-based questions. lots of interviews with various people in company.

Negotiation

back and forth. I knew the job would be challenging and I wanted to be paid well for it. So, I kept going until I got what I wanted.

Summer Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Submitted an application online which was pretty thorough. Then I had a phone interview with mostly behavioral questions, and a few on how to increase profitability. Nothing too difficult. Over 500 people apply and only 20 made it to the final round, so remember to show how much you want to work for them. The final round of interviews is in their New York office and the whole event is called "A Taste Of L'Oreal." You have to get into teams and work on a case study with four questions and present it to the l'oreal team. While the questions itself weren't that difficult (profit margin, break-even, cost analysis etc. Know your excel!!), there was EXTREME time pressure, and having to work in teams and divide up work evenly is stressful. Don't take over the whole project, make sure to integrate everyone. Then, there is a 2 on 1 interview. Again, normal behavioral stuff, a few cost analysis questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you decrease the costs of (random L'Oreal product)?   Answer Question

Manager, Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

3 interviews in total: HR, VP of Consumer Insights and General Manager of division. HR Director was very friendly; made me feel very comfortable. She talked about the position, who it reports to and asked me why I wanted to leave current job. VP of Consumer Insights was also very friendly but interview was basically a rapid fire series of questions about research methodologies-- felt like a verbal quiz. General Manager interview as basically just a formality-- we conversed about beauty category and she asked me about my favorite ad and why I thought it was an effective ad.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at L'Oréal USA (Clark, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

Very good interview. Several one on ones with every senior level manager and a PowerPoint presentation designed and given by you.

Negotiation

None

Summer Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Two interviews after applying online. They don't recruit on my campus, so I filled out the online application and was selected for a phone interview. The first interview lasted 15 minutes max, asked standard behavioral interview questions and why I wanted to work in the makeup industry. Second interview was in New York, a 3-day weekend called "Taste of L'Oreal." The first night (Friday) is a networking reception and a presentation on different divisions within the company (and the one you applied to). All day Saturday is a group case competition (randomly assigned members) on one of the brands. Two employees stand around your group and observe the entire process. Its step-by-step, and they purposely give you last minute instructions before submitting the presentation to see how you work under pressure. You then present as a group. Sunday is the interview, with an HR representative and a marketing employee. They ask you behavioral questions again, over all the interview was 45 minutes. You also get a grab bag of product from the weekend.

Interview Questions

• They show you a product (not from the division you're applying to) and ask you to describe it. They are looking to see if you think of it more from an Operational Marketing Perspective (one part of marketing), or from a product development perspective (DMI- the creative, development side of marketing).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hourly pay is competitive for NY. I left the summer breaking even.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Screening: asked about resume, strengths and weaknesses, 1 technical finance question 2. 2 Day process - Dinner, Interview & Case Study: Dinner with HR and other applicants, finance/accounting case study with group then presented to panel of people, lastly had 2 on 1 interview. The best interview experience I have had, allowed you to truly get a feel for what the corporation is about and see their corporate culture. It also allowed the applicant to see if we would like being a finance intern (with case studies and interaction) and allowed L'Oreal to see if we would be a good fit for their organization.

Interview Questions

• Finance related questions were more difficult then behavioral. Overall interview was very conversational and welcoming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got offer a few days later!

Application

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Phone screening asking basic interview questions, after you pass that then you are invited to attend a 2-day recruitment event and have to do: group project (business case), presentation (they ask you about the group project process and to present your findings), two-on-one interview (one person is HR and one is from Finance)

Interview Questions

• What do you know about brand finance? How comfortable are you with Excel? Do you know how to do pivot tables and ...?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Met with loreal at a career fair where I then set up an interview. My interview was with a panel of managers who were very experienced. the interview lasted almost an hour, but they were very interested about my personal life first then my professional life. They wanted experience and personality.

Interview Questions

• Why L'oreal?   1 Answer

Taste of LOreal Marketing Interview

Interview

Started with an online application followed by a phone interview - know WHY LOreal and why you applied to the department that you chose. Be able to talk about situation-oriented questions.. ex) Describe a time when you handled a conflict with a co-worker. From there I was invited to attend the Taste of L'Oreal weekend in NYC - AMAZING experience. Really gives you a feel for the company and the beauty industry. The first day started with a networking event (bring business cards) followed by a day of case studies the next day. This is the most important day. You are evaluated throughout the entire process and must be willing to work well in a team setting. The final interview day is more honest conversation about yourself and your experience in the case study. You also need to market a product to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How does L'Oreal inspire an aesthetic sense/feeling within X product.   Answer Question