L'Oréal USA

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

3.1

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I talked to them at my school's career fair, after which they invited me to an interview. There were two half-hour interviews in different rooms. I was asked about my resume and behavioral questions about my leadership style, etc. Although my second interview went fine, the first interviewers were rather rude and I felt I was treated poorly.

Interview Questions
    • What would you need in a new city to make you feel comfortable?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I was contacted for a phone interview and it took place the next day. The interview lasted about 30 minutes with two people conducting the interview. They asked a range of questions most of them marketing based. The interviewers were extremely nice and warm and they stressed how someone could grow within the company. Eventually they felt i would be more suited for product development.

Interview Questions
    • What product would you develop that isn't on the market?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Applied online for A Taste of L'Oreal, then met with recruitment team for a question answer session. I was then called for a phone screen. A week later I was invited to A Taste of L'Oreal.

Interview Questions
    • What are the current trends and how does your daily regiment follow that trend?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA in December 2012.

HR contact me for a phone interview regarding a new position in marketing . We both agreed on a date and time. The day of the interview i received a from a nice person asking to reschedule. I agreed and block out the new date/time on my calendar. Day of the rescheduled phone interview- NO word from this HR person. I attempted to contact this person, assuming another meeting may have cause the delay. No response-no communication. Four weeks later i received an automatic email informing this position was no longer available. Not very organized...not very nice.

Operations/Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

There were two rounds. One took place on campus the second at the site. There was also a presentation of a time where I handled a logistics problem.

Interview Questions
    • 30 minutes to solve a logistics case study on two excel spreadsheet documents.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2012.

had super weekend with various events (taste of l'oreal) including a group presentation on one of the brands and networking time; final stage was a 2:1 behavioural interview

a lot of it had to do with fit and ability to understand the l'oreal business model and the business models of their various brands

CMP Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

First contact was with a recruiter. Very simple basic questions then tell you what to focus on in next interview. Next was a half hour inter view with the director. The third interview consisted of a 20 minute power point presentation, board interview, and case study.

Interview Questions
    • Had never done a case study for an interview wasn't sure what to expect.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interviews. first round was just with HR. second round was 4 one on one interviews with senior members of the finance community

Senior Imaging Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 15 mins long. The recruiter asked me all general questions and questions about my résumé.

Internship Interview

I had two interviews with two different women who both seemed very nice. I thought the interview went pretty well and waited about a week to send a follow up email. They never answered my email and never called to let me know that I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional. I would expect better from such a successful company.