L'Oréal USA

Getting the Interview

94 candidate interviews

Marketing Intern Interview

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – Ask you why you want to work for L'Oreal and to explain how you would market two products. They are watching you the whole weekend even during meals and group work. Make sure to not stick with people just from your school and branch out and meet as many people as possible.

Interview Question – How to market two products.   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Piscataway, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – Pre interview with staff agency, You come at arranged date and time to fill out application, then sit 1:1 with hiring manager. they pick and choose from several candidates and then they send you out for drug and pre-employment physical testing. this is only done if they make an offer which you don't know until you hear from the staffing agency.

Interview Question – Why Should I hire you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating. union environment flat pay rate for all.

Packaging Intern Interview

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – All behavior questions, typical give me an example when.

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – Talent acquisition manager called me with news of the position and we had a brief phone conversation about the position, my background, and my interest in Loreal. She asked me questions about my resume/experience and situation-based questions.
Got an email a week later for an on site interview with the hiring manager and scheduled to go in and interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and they asked me questions about my resume, experience, why I was interested in the position, etc.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly simple as they were mostly about my resume and past experiences   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – Attended the Taste of L'oreal program during Jan, which lasted a few days. Assigned to a group to compete in final project. Interview on the last day.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty expected.   Answer Question

Quality Control Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2013.

Interview Details – It was through a temp agnecy

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Summer Internship Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – One of the women and one of the men in HR met with me at different times. They asked pretty routine questions but said they don't know if there are any open spots to fill. They were both very nice.

Interview Question – none really, asked my least favorite class   Answer Question

Technical Packaging Engineer Interview

Clark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on line and was contacted by HR 1 week later. HR conducted normal interview and followed up with an interview with the hiring manager which very well. I came in for an onsite interview with this the same HM along with 2 additional managers. I completed a case study onsite and presented my results along with my professional presentation to the HMs. The hiring managers seemed disinterested despite the fact that I done well on my case study. Culture in the company seems to be male dominated and for a younger age group. It was apparent from my first impression. Most discouraging factor was that there was absolutely NO follow up to my interview by HR even though I was "promised" an immediate response. 6 weeks after the interview, I have not heard from the company or HR person. Extremely unprofessional and unexpected from a global company. This probably indicates how the internal organization works.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual or difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Chemist Interview

Senior Chemist

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – Met HR at a career fair. Followed by behavioral questions from HR via phone interview that lasted roughly an hour. Went onsite on an interview day with multiple candidates and interviewed with 2 R&I managers and 1 HR for 40 minutes. HR communicated the results of the interview within a week.

Interview Question – Was asked to give examples of how my research could be used directly at R&I on specific products/needs at the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, heard back in 2+ weeks, 1st round group interview

Interview Question – What specific brand would you want to work for in L'Oreal and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at L'Oréal USA

Worked for L'Oréal USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L'Oréal USA interview questions and advice. All 94 interview reviews posted anonymously by L'Oréal USA employees and interview candidates.