L'Oréal USA

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.1

Packaging Intern Interview

All behavior questions, typical give me an example when.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Talent acquisition manager called me with news of the position and we had a brief phone conversation about the position, my background, and my interest in Loreal. She asked me questions about my resume/experience and situation-based questions.
    Got an email a week later for an on site interview with the hiring manager and scheduled to go in and interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and they asked me questions about my resume, experience, why I was interested in the position, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly simple as they were mostly about my resume and past experiences   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Attended the Taste of L'oreal program during Jan, which lasted a few days. Assigned to a group to compete in final project. Interview on the last day.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

One of the women and one of the men in HR met with me at different times. They asked pretty routine questions but said they don't know if there are any open spots to fill. They were both very nice.

Field Sales and Education Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

I found a job that I thought best fit what I want to do with my career. I have been a cosmetologist for 17 years. I have done a lot in the industry. Behind the chair, education, outside sales for a manufacturer, education for a manufacturer, and salon management. I love the industry and want to stay in it but, I am planning on moving to another state. It is hard to build a new clientele. So I thought I would look for something in the corporate end of the industry. I was put in contact with a hiring manager and we had a phone interview. I was under the impression that it went well. I had one question about the salary for the position. I just figured I would get the nitty gritty out of the way. I was told by the interviewer that she would call me back the next day and she never called. I have called several times with no call back. The interviewer was asking me how I would deal with a situation and I gave her my answer. It seemed like she wanted me to do her own hair based off my answer. So I thought it went well. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really think that there was any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Met HR at a career fair. Followed by behavioral questions from HR via phone interview that lasted roughly an hour. Went onsite on an interview day with multiple candidates and interviewed with 2 R&I managers and 1 HR for 40 minutes. HR communicated the results of the interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give examples of how my research could be used directly at R&I on specific products/needs at the company.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

Pretty straight forward and more of a personality interview

Tried to negotiate, in the end did not get any additional base compensation or bonus

Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I applied on line and it takes three weeks for me to receive a telephone interview.

Digital Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview process was short and professional

No negotiation was offered.

Component Supply Planner Interview

I came had a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with my boss to be, and then they brought me in for a one-time interview that consisted of me giving a power-point presentation and then performing a case study.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly can't think of any, they were all pretty much straight-forward.   Answer Question
    I did not really try to negotiate with them.