L'Oréal USA

3.1

Director, Customer Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in September 2014.

Couple of phone interviews, two in person interviews and one in New York. Did not make it past the first in person interview. You,will be asked to prepare a power point presentation over a personal or,professional accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • Standard usual questions, I did have to prepare a power point over a personal or professional accomplishment.   View Answer

Associate Digital Marketing Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Went through 2 interviews. First interview over the phone with HR. Talked about resume and background. No crazy or unexpected questions. A week later was called in for in-office interview with department's director. Interview went very well. She described the role and talked about what she's been working and what she would need help with.
    She then said she would have her HR call me to start the hiring process so I can start working asap.
    HR never called and never returned my calls or answered my emails!

Senior Developer Interview

One phone interview, then presentation on choice of interviewer. Very simple, standard.

No negotiation on my part, offer came in slighly below expectations, but they added signing bonus.

Marketing Intern Interview

Ask you why you want to work for L'Oreal and to explain how you would market two products. They are watching you the whole weekend even during meals and group work. Make sure to not stick with people just from your school and branch out and meet as many people as possible.

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Pre interview with staff agency, You come at arranged date and time to fill out application, then sit 1:1 with hiring manager. they pick and choose from several candidates and then they send you out for drug and pre-employment physical testing. this is only done if they make an offer which you don't know until you hear from the staffing agency.

Interview Questions
    no negotiating. union environment flat pay rate for all.

Packaging Intern Interview

All behavior questions, typical give me an example when.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Talent acquisition manager called me with news of the position and we had a brief phone conversation about the position, my background, and my interest in Loreal. She asked me questions about my resume/experience and situation-based questions.
    Got an email a week later for an on site interview with the hiring manager and scheduled to go in and interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and they asked me questions about my resume, experience, why I was interested in the position, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly simple as they were mostly about my resume and past experiences   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Attended the Taste of L'oreal program during Jan, which lasted a few days. Assigned to a group to compete in final project. Interview on the last day.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

One of the women and one of the men in HR met with me at different times. They asked pretty routine questions but said they don't know if there are any open spots to fill. They were both very nice.

Field Sales and Education Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

I found a job that I thought best fit what I want to do with my career. I have been a cosmetologist for 17 years. I have done a lot in the industry. Behind the chair, education, outside sales for a manufacturer, education for a manufacturer, and salon management. I love the industry and want to stay in it but, I am planning on moving to another state. It is hard to build a new clientele. So I thought I would look for something in the corporate end of the industry. I was put in contact with a hiring manager and we had a phone interview. I was under the impression that it went well. I had one question about the salary for the position. I just figured I would get the nitty gritty out of the way. I was told by the interviewer that she would call me back the next day and she never called. I have called several times with no call back. The interviewer was asking me how I would deal with a situation and I gave her my answer. It seemed like she wanted me to do her own hair based off my answer. So I thought it went well. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really think that there was any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer