L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

3.1

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

One of the women and one of the men in HR met with me at different times. They asked pretty routine questions but said they don't know if there are any open spots to fill. They were both very nice.

Field Sales and Education Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

I found a job that I thought best fit what I want to do with my career. I have been a cosmetologist for 17 years. I have done a lot in the industry. Behind the chair, education, outside sales for a manufacturer, education for a manufacturer, and salon management. I love the industry and want to stay in it but, I am planning on moving to another state. It is hard to build a new clientele. So I thought I would look for something in the corporate end of the industry. I was put in contact with a hiring manager and we had a phone interview. I was under the impression that it went well. I had one question about the salary for the position. I just figured I would get the nitty gritty out of the way. I was told by the interviewer that she would call me back the next day and she never called. I have called several times with no call back. The interviewer was asking me how I would deal with a situation and I gave her my answer. It seemed like she wanted me to do her own hair based off my answer. So I thought it went well. Oh well.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really think that there was any difficult or unexpected questions.   View Answer

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Met HR at a career fair. Followed by behavioral questions from HR via phone interview that lasted roughly an hour. Went onsite on an interview day with multiple candidates and interviewed with 2 R&I managers and 1 HR for 40 minutes. HR communicated the results of the interview within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to give examples of how my research could be used directly at R&I on specific products/needs at the company.   Answer Question

Finance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley Heights, NJ

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2014.

Pretty straight forward and more of a personality interview

Tried to negotiate, in the end did not get any additional base compensation or bonus

Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I applied on line and it takes three weeks for me to receive a telephone interview.

Digital Marketing Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview process was short and professional

No negotiation was offered.

Component Supply Planner Interview

I came had a phone interview with the recruiter, a phone interview with my boss to be, and then they brought me in for a one-time interview that consisted of me giving a power-point presentation and then performing a case study.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly can't think of any, they were all pretty much straight-forward.   Answer Question
    I did not really try to negotiate with them.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

2 phone interviews. 1 in-person interview with 4 people - one was HR rep, the rest were technical people. Lasted 90 minutes. They like "passion" and "enthusiasm" for "beauty". They like to play up science and beauty too.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult: Name something that you have shown leadership in.   Answer Question
    nope

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

A little over the top with amount of interviews required & very slow. I had 2 initial phone interviews with HR, 2 in person interviews, then 3 additional phone interviews with other people in HR. All was finally said and done in 4.5 weeks. It would have been nice to meet the team prior.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - typical questions regarding resume   Answer Question
    Negotiation was the fastest part. Do negotiate on vacation days, you'll be glad you did!

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

There's a pre-interview lunch, then a phone screen. I was then invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, where there's a presentation; a day long case study, and on the last day there's a 2:1 interview. There's 1 from HR and 1 Marketer. It's really important to know the brands!