L'Oréal USA Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

There's a pre-interview lunch, then a phone screen. I was then invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, where there's a presentation; a day long case study, and on the last day there's a 2:1 interview. There's 1 from HR and 1 Marketer. It's really important to know the brands!

Manager, Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2010.

3 interviews in total: HR, VP of Consumer Insights and General Manager of division. HR Director was very friendly; made me feel very comfortable. She talked about the position, who it reports to and asked me why I wanted to leave current job. VP of Consumer Insights was also very friendly but interview was basically a rapid fire series of questions about research methodologies-- felt like a verbal quiz. General Manager interview as basically just a formality-- we conversed about beauty category and she asked me about my favorite ad and why I thought it was an effective ad.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

A little over the top with amount of interviews required & very slow. I had 2 initial phone interviews with HR, 2 in person interviews, then 3 additional phone interviews with other people in HR. All was finally said and done in 4.5 weeks. It would have been nice to meet the team prior.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected - typical questions regarding resume   Answer Question
    Negotiation was the fastest part. Do negotiate on vacation days, you'll be glad you did!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

applied online through their website and got an email 3 weeks later scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The woman asked me to go through my resume, to tell her what I thought was a trend in the beauty industry, how I would market lip stainer, and questions regarding excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I had two interviews with two different women who both seemed very nice. I thought the interview went pretty well and waited about a week to send a follow up email. They never answered my email and never called to let me know that I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional. I would expect better from such a successful company.

R&I Intern Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2013.

I met the L'Oreal recruiters at a regional conference. I initially had brief communication with the recruiters at the booth. After about two weeks I got a call from the Director of HR to conduct a phone interview. The phone interview was the final step.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2011.

Very good interview. Several one on ones with every senior level manager and a PowerPoint presentation designed and given by you.

None

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in March 2013.

Two phone interviews, first one was a screening by the head recruiter and the second one was by an engineer

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Had a phone interview with Operations recruiter on a wednesday. Conversation was very pleasant and I had done all my research and was very well-prepared. Recruiter informed I'd be contacted by the end of the week or early next regarding a position she thought i'd be a great fit - but was never called back, despite three follow up emails throughout the month that followed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding my immigration status and commitment to reside in the United States for an extensive period of time.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Detailed, lots of questions about your background. situation-based questions. lots of interviews with various people in company.

back and forth. I knew the job would be challenging and I wanted to be paid well for it. So, I kept going until I got what I wanted.