L'Oréal USA

101 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2011.

Interview Details – Met with 3x managers to report to for about 20 minutes each. interested in college experience and motivation to work in the beauty industry.

Interview Question – scenario question about the amount of hours worked there and commitment to doing so   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation entry level and hourly

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2012.

Interview Details – It is a very detailed interview and hiring process for their internship program. You first are selected to do a first round of phone interviews and if you make it through that you are invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, which is a weekend interview process where to do a case study as a team and then have a two on one interview.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was my knowledge base of Excel and in detail questions about how to you it and utilize it.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Planner

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews/ screenings before being invited to interview in person. I was asked to prepare a presentation about myself and my work experience. The panel interviewing me asked basic and standard questions about job related incidents/work experience. The process took four weeks and the attitude of the people interviewing me did not inspire me to desire a job there.

Interview Question – had to respond to a business case   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

ENGINEER - PROCESS Interview

ENGINEER - PROCESS
Franklin, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on their website and emailed the job poster with my cover letter. Within 4 days I got a call from HR asking to set up an interview. I accepted and it was scheduled for the following week. The questions were general questions like Why L'Oreal? About situations regarding lab and research that I had did. I prepared well for this interview so nothing really caught me off guard. Anyway, within 3 hours of the interview, I sent a thank you email and within an hour of that, they called me in for an on-site interview the following week. The HR person I had spoken to called me the Monday before the interview (Friday) and explained what I would need to do to prepare. The layout was as such: 1) Case Study on something related to Process Engineering, 2) A 10-15 minute presentation about yourself and a initiative you led or something you accomplished, 3) a grilling panel discussion with the people you presented to, not only about your presentation but also about situations and the usual interview questions which actually were pretty difficult! One thing I will say though, I appreciated HR during the process and them updating me on my status. After the interview, HR had called me to tell me I did not get the job..but I never got that call or voicemail.. so when i emailed HR the following week to find out, they called me right away to inform me nicely that they selected someone else. Which I personally thought was VERY NICE. Because no one cares to go out of their way anymore these days to even tell you that you didn't get it. So i appreciated this a lot and felt less bad about the rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with ambiguity and what did you do? H   View Answer
  • How do you define Leadership?   Answer Question
  • How do you define Failure? (after defining failure) Tell me about a time that you have failed. (UH!?)   Answer Question

Research & Innovation Intern Interview

Research & Innovation Intern

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from L'Oreal, and went through a 1/2 hour interview where we discussed my resume and my interest in the company. I received an offer approximately 1 week after the interview.

Interview Question – What are you interested in at L'Oreal (in terms of which department or area are you interested in doing research in).   Answer Question

Research and Innovation Intern Interview

Research and Innovation Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – Spoke with a representative at a University career fair and was offered an interview. The interview was fairly routine and went through my resume and goals for the internship.

Interview Question – What is the biggest risk you have taken and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Imaging Scientist Interview

Senior Imaging Scientist
Clark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 15 mins long. The recruiter asked me all general questions and questions about my résumé.

Finance Analyst Interview

Finance Analyst

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interviews. first round was just with HR. second round was 4 one on one interviews with senior members of the finance community

Interview Question – all behavioral, typical questions   Answer Question

CMP Planner Interview

CMP Planner
Piscataway, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – First contact was with a recruiter. Very simple basic questions then tell you what to focus on in next interview. Next was a half hour inter view with the director. The third interview consisted of a 20 minute power point presentation, board interview, and case study.

Interview Question – Had never done a case study for an interview wasn't sure what to expect.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2012.

Interview Details – had super weekend with various events (taste of l'oreal) including a group presentation on one of the brands and networking time; final stage was a 2:1 behavioural interview

a lot of it had to do with fit and ability to understand the l'oreal business model and the business models of their various brands

Interview Question – What is your favourite L'Oreal owned brand?   Answer Question