L'Oréal USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014
Updated Sep 13, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Had a phone interview with Operations recruiter on a wednesday. Conversation was very pleasant and I had done all my research and was very well-prepared. Recruiter informed I'd be contacted by the end of the week or early next regarding a position she thought i'd be a great fit - but was never called back, despite three follow up emails throughout the month that followed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding my immigration status and commitment to reside in the United States for an extensive period of time.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Detailed, lots of questions about your background. situation-based questions. lots of interviews with various people in company.

back and forth. I knew the job would be challenging and I wanted to be paid well for it. So, I kept going until I got what I wanted.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2011.

Met with 3x managers to report to for about 20 minutes each. interested in college experience and motivation to work in the beauty industry.

Interview Questions
    • scenario question about the amount of hours worked there and commitment to doing so   Answer Question
    no negotiation entry level and hourly

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2012.

It is a very detailed interview and hiring process for their internship program. You first are selected to do a first round of phone interviews and if you make it through that you are invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, which is a weekend interview process where to do a case study as a team and then have a two on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was my knowledge base of Excel and in detail questions about how to you it and utilize it.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

I applied online - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2013.

Two phone interviews/ screenings before being invited to interview in person. I was asked to prepare a presentation about myself and my work experience. The panel interviewing me asked basic and standard questions about job related incidents/work experience. The process took four weeks and the attitude of the people interviewing me did not inspire me to desire a job there.

ENGINEER - PROCESS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2013.

I applied on their website and emailed the job poster with my cover letter. Within 4 days I got a call from HR asking to set up an interview. I accepted and it was scheduled for the following week. The questions were general questions like Why L'Oreal? About situations regarding lab and research that I had did. I prepared well for this interview so nothing really caught me off guard. Anyway, within 3 hours of the interview, I sent a thank you email and within an hour of that, they called me in for an on-site interview the following week. The HR person I had spoken to called me the Monday before the interview (Friday) and explained what I would need to do to prepare. The layout was as such: 1) Case Study on something related to Process Engineering, 2) A 10-15 minute presentation about yourself and a initiative you led or something you accomplished, 3) a grilling panel discussion with the people you presented to, not only about your presentation but also about situations and the usual interview questions which actually were pretty difficult! One thing I will say though, I appreciated HR during the process and them updating me on my status. After the interview, HR had called me to tell me I did not get the job..but I never got that call or voicemail.. so when i emailed HR the following week to find out, they called me right away to inform me nicely that they selected someone else. Which I personally thought was VERY NICE. Because no one cares to go out of their way anymore these days to even tell you that you didn't get it. So i appreciated this a lot and felt less bad about the rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with ambiguity and what did you do? H   View Answer
    • How do you define Leadership?   Answer Question
    • How do you define Failure? (after defining failure) Tell me about a time that you have failed. (UH!?)   Answer Question

Research & Innovation Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I received a phone call from L'Oreal, and went through a 1/2 hour interview where we discussed my resume and my interest in the company. I received an offer approximately 1 week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are you interested in at L'Oreal (in terms of which department or area are you interested in doing research in).   Answer Question

Research and Innovation Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Spoke with a representative at a University career fair and was offered an interview. The interview was fairly routine and went through my resume and goals for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest risk you have taken and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Senior Imaging Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clark, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Applied online, received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 15 mins long. The recruiter asked me all general questions and questions about my résumé.

Finance Analyst Interview

2 rounds of interviews. first round was just with HR. second round was 4 one on one interviews with senior members of the finance community