L'Oréal USA

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call interview. After the phone interview, I received an email inviting me to the recruitment weekend in New York. They paid for flight, hotel, everything. Involved a recruiting weekend with both undergrads and grads, separated by CPD, PPD, and Luxe. There was a cocktail reception the first night, a day long case study the next, and the interview on the last day. The events were fun and social, but competitive.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was difficult, and groups fell under time crunch.   View Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

You are asked to apply online and then invited for a 30 minute interview. Once you are selected, they invite you to Taste of L'Oreal which is essentially "3-super days" in January including a case competition and interviews.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

applied online through their website and got an email 3 weeks later scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The woman asked me to go through my resume, to tell her what I thought was a trend in the beauty industry, how I would market lip stainer, and questions regarding excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I had two interviews with two different women who both seemed very nice. I thought the interview went pretty well and waited about a week to send a follow up email. They never answered my email and never called to let me know that I didn't get the job. Very unprofessional. I would expect better from such a successful company.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2013.

Applied online, heard back in 2+ weeks, 1st round group interview

Interview Questions
    • What specific brand would you want to work for in L'Oreal and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Had a phone interview with Operations recruiter on a wednesday. Conversation was very pleasant and I had done all my research and was very well-prepared. Recruiter informed I'd be contacted by the end of the week or early next regarding a position she thought i'd be a great fit - but was never called back, despite three follow up emails throughout the month that followed. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding my immigration status and commitment to reside in the United States for an extensive period of time.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Detailed, lots of questions about your background. situation-based questions. lots of interviews with various people in company.

back and forth. I knew the job would be challenging and I wanted to be paid well for it. So, I kept going until I got what I wanted.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in October 2013.

My initial communications with L'Oreal was when they visited my school for the career fair. I was then invited to an interview the day after the fair, which was 30 minutes, was mostly behavioral questions, and had two interviewers. The interview was comfortable and the questions are not difficult. They ask questions to see how you will fit in with the company. Approximately 5 weeks later I was contacted by HR to set up a second round phone interview, which was basically an overview of the job and going over details on my resume. Shortly after the second interview I was offered a summer internship. Overall, my internship was great! They gave me a lot of responsibility and valued my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were very standard and behavioral. The question that stands out to me was when they asked me to list three things about myself.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate considering it was an internship and the opportunity was great enough.

Research & Innovation Intern Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

I received a phone call from L'Oreal, and went through a 1/2 hour interview where we discussed my resume and my interest in the company. I received an offer approximately 1 week after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What are you interested in at L'Oreal (in terms of which department or area are you interested in doing research in).   Answer Question

Research and Innovation Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Spoke with a representative at a University career fair and was offered an interview. The interview was fairly routine and went through my resume and goals for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest risk you have taken and what was the outcome?   Answer Question