L'Oréal USA Manufacturing Interview Questions

3.5

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was involved. It was 3 phases. The phase 1 initial interview consisted of a panel of 3 people. It included a role play, a quiz in order to establish ability to understand and interpret information that would be required on the job and a lot of industry related questions as well as past experiences. The phase 2 interview was another panel interview followed by a case study of industry related research that was presented in powerpoint to the panel after an hour. Following was another role play and more questions about past experiences as they could pertain to the applicable position. The final phase was more of a personality assessment with direct management to see how the skills and experiences would fit into the team working directly with the applicable position. It involved 2 levels of management, the direct manager and the director of the department.

It was a long process because of the time between each interview. However, the time in between was valuable as it allowed me to prepare for each next step. I researched the industry trends of this position thoroughly to be most competetive with any other candidates. I wanted to know everything I could about anyone involved directly or indirectly with the day to day activities of the position. Coming from a background in publishing and finance, I wanted to be most knowledgeable about consumer production industry.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like "what challenges did you face at your last job? How did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Got an offer from my dream company and thankful to have a job in this economy!!!!!

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal USA

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in October 2009.

Interview

Had to fill out employee packet prior to interview. Two on one interview, consisted of HR and the mfg. manager. Very nice people and smooth interview. Took very long to get final result.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward questions. Your past experiences in manufacturing, projects, etc..   Answer Question
    • Why Loreal.... very typical questions   Answer Question