L'Oréal USA

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty easy, they'll take anyone because they want someone to do all the work without giving them all the benefits.

Interview Question – nothing really, all behavior questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at L'Oréal USA

Interview Details – Ask you why you want to work for L'Oreal and to explain how you would market two products. They are watching you the whole weekend even during meals and group work. Make sure to not stick with people just from your school and branch out and meet as many people as possible.

Interview Question – How to market two products.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

Interview Details – There's a pre-interview lunch, then a phone screen. I was then invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, where there's a presentation; a day long case study, and on the last day there's a 2:1 interview. There's 1 from HR and 1 Marketer. It's really important to know the brands!

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initially applied through on-campus services and on the website. They really look for people who also participate in their Brandstorm Case Competition. So if this case is offered at your university, it drastically increases your chances of getting an interview if you participate in the case competition. The interview weekend was very competitive. It includes 3 days -- first night of presentations and networking, second day of a group case interview, and third day of a two-on-one interview. The weekend will be in New York City. They put so much into the weekend which is really assuring because it shows how much they value their interns.

Interview Question – The group case was unexpectedly difficult. They will be writing down everything you say in the group, so that was the hardest part of the weekend. Also in the two-on-one interview, come prepared with which brands you like and what types of marketing you most enjoy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much negotiation, but they do give you flexibility with your start date

Marketing Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – Pre-screen phone interview followed by "super day" weekend in NYC

Interview Question – Technical marketing question "sales are declining...look at this product, what would you fix?"   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – They are so nice. It was a great experience. The program is extremely competitive. The first round is a phone interview.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application and was then given a surprise phone interview. I was then accepted to attend the Taste of L'Oreal weekend event. There were over 1,000 applicants and only 80 chosen to attend. After attending the weekend recruiting event I interviewed with 3 people from a specific division. After the interview one of the interviewers actually gave me a hug before I flew back home. They are really invested in their talent and are very enthusiastic about recruitment.

Interview Questions

• They placed two new products on the table and asked me to analyze them and describe why they fit with the specific brand they were identified with.   View Answer
  • Why the Beauty Industry and why L'Oreal.   Answer Question
  • They may also ask you to give an on the spot sales pitch for the product depending on the division you interview with. There is Professional, Consumer and Luxury division.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes they were VERY kind and understanding. I let them know I had an exploding offer and they got back to me within two days. It is really all about fit. L'Oreal has a very collaborative culture and they want to know that you will be a good fit. Show personality and a keen sense for the beauty industry.

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview Details – Applied online for A Taste of L'Oreal, then met with recruitment team for a question answer session. I was then called for a phone screen. A week later I was invited to A Taste of L'Oreal.

Interview Question – What are the current trends and how does your daily regiment follow that trend?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview before invitation to the "recruitment weekend." Very basic - no trick questions. Asked questions like "Why L'oreal," if I'd be willing to relocate, and reviewed my resume submission.

Interviewed with an HR girl who was very nice and seemed happy with L'oreal (been there 10+ years).

Interview Question – Why L'Oreal?   Answer Question

Worked for L'Oréal USA? Contribute to the Community!