L'Oréal USA

Updated Oct 20, 2014

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

The process was not stressful at all and asked questions that established your knowledge of marketing while also being geared towards finding out if you are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions
  • In the first round, none of the questions were especially difficult. They ask what motivates you? So just be sure to be very genuine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal USA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

The process started out by attending 2 on-campus recruiting events where we heard about the company and the role in general--I was hooked from the first event. Submitted online application sometime in late October/November and heard that I was invited to Taste of L'Oreal event by Christmas. Event was held in January, and they flew prospective undergrad and MBA interns out to NYC offices for the interview weekend. First day was learning about the company and networking, second day was a team case study, third day was the interview. I didn't think it was particularly difficult--they want to see you are passionate about the company and their brands, and want to see if you are ready to have first-hand experience of marketing their brands. My interviewers were the employees who observed my team during our case study day, so I met them already and the interview was not so nerve-wracking. I heard back about 2 weeks later that I was offered a position and I accepted later that week.

Interview Questions
    • (Placed a bottle of shampoo in front of me) What do you think when you see this product and how would you market it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

applied online through their website and got an email 3 weeks later scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The woman asked me to go through my resume, to tell her what I thought was a trend in the beauty industry, how I would market lip stainer, and questions regarding excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Very friendly HR department. The process was very detailed and involved questions relating to the business and my past experiences. Very open and honest HR department giving full disclosure on the company the department you are interviewing for etc. I think they want to make sure you are a great fit for the companies culture.

Interview Questions
    • Relating a previous initiative to the business and the challenges on the project.   Answer Question

Received another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2012.

Everyone I communicated with was extremely friendly. They really take pride in their talent management and want to hire the best of the best. I attended the taste of L'Oreal weekend which consisted of a case workshop in groups and a 2:1 interview. The Case was all day and was structured around team work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the strengths and weaknesses in this advertisement.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in June 2010.

Interview process took 3 months and 6 trips into HQ to interview