L'Oréal USA Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

3.2

Marketing Interview

Interview

The process was not stressful at all and asked questions that established your knowledge of marketing while also being geared towards finding out if you are the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• In the first round, none of the questions were especially difficult. They ask what motivates you? So just be sure to be very genuine.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for L'Oréal USA

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

You are asked to apply online and then invited for a 30 minute interview. Once you are selected, they invite you to Taste of L'Oreal which is essentially "3-super days" in January including a case competition and interviews.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The process started out by attending 2 on-campus recruiting events where we heard about the company and the role in general--I was hooked from the first event. Submitted online application sometime in late October/November and heard that I was invited to Taste of L'Oreal event by Christmas. Event was held in January, and they flew prospective undergrad and MBA interns out to NYC offices for the interview weekend. First day was learning about the company and networking, second day was a team case study, third day was the interview. I didn't think it was particularly difficult--they want to see you are passionate about the company and their brands, and want to see if you are ready to have first-hand experience of marketing their brands. My interviewers were the employees who observed my team during our case study day, so I met them already and the interview was not so nerve-wracking. I heard back about 2 weeks later that I was offered a position and I accepted later that week.

Interview Questions

• (Placed a bottle of shampoo in front of me) What do you think when you see this product and how would you market it?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY).

Interview

applied online through their website and got an email 3 weeks later scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• The woman asked me to go through my resume, to tell her what I thought was a trend in the beauty industry, how I would market lip stainer, and questions regarding excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at L'Oréal USA.

Interview

Very friendly HR department. The process was very detailed and involved questions relating to the business and my past experiences. Very open and honest HR department giving full disclosure on the company the department you are interviewing for etc. I think they want to make sure you are a great fit for the companies culture.

Interview Questions

• Relating a previous initiative to the business and the challenges on the project.   Answer Question

Received another offer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Everyone I communicated with was extremely friendly. They really take pride in their talent management and want to hire the best of the best. I attended the taste of L'Oreal weekend which consisted of a case workshop in groups and a 2:1 interview. The Case was all day and was structured around team work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the strengths and weaknesses in this advertisement.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at L'Oréal USA in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process took 3 months and 6 trips into HQ to interview