L'Oréal USA Interview Questions & Reviews in New York, NY

27 interviews

3.4

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

The interview process for marketing interns is a weekend long process called "Taste of L'Oreal." After a phone interview, chosen applicants are flown to New York for a super weekend. Night one involves listening to upper level executives discuss the company and its culture followed by a networking event. On day 2, interns are separated by their divisions of choice for a daylong case study assignment followed by a presentation to executives. Loreal employees are assigned to approximately 2 applicants each and observe and take notes all day on group work, strengths, weaknesses, reactions, etc. Day 3 is the formal interviews with 2 employees who monitored you group the day prior as well as an HR representative. The head of HR called 2 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a bottle of shampoo and asked how I would market it.   Answer Question
    No negotiating as an intern.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2013.

Pretty easy, they'll take anyone because they want someone to do all the work without giving them all the benefits.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Talent acquisition manager called me with news of the position and we had a brief phone conversation about the position, my background, and my interest in Loreal. She asked me questions about my resume/experience and situation-based questions.
    Got an email a week later for an on site interview with the hiring manager and scheduled to go in and interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people and they asked me questions about my resume, experience, why I was interested in the position, etc.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all fairly simple as they were mostly about my resume and past experiences   View Answer

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

One of the women and one of the men in HR met with me at different times. They asked pretty routine questions but said they don't know if there are any open spots to fill. They were both very nice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2013.

Applied online, heard back in 2+ weeks, 1st round group interview

Interview Questions
    • What specific brand would you want to work for in L'Oreal and why?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2014.

There's a pre-interview lunch, then a phone screen. I was then invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, where there's a presentation; a day long case study, and on the last day there's a 2:1 interview. There's 1 from HR and 1 Marketer. It's really important to know the brands!

Manager, Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in January 2010.

3 interviews in total: HR, VP of Consumer Insights and General Manager of division. HR Director was very friendly; made me feel very comfortable. She talked about the position, who it reports to and asked me why I wanted to leave current job. VP of Consumer Insights was also very friendly but interview was basically a rapid fire series of questions about research methodologies-- felt like a verbal quiz. General Manager interview as basically just a formality-- we conversed about beauty category and she asked me about my favorite ad and why I thought it was an effective ad.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA.

applied online through their website and got an email 3 weeks later scheduling a phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The woman asked me to go through my resume, to tell her what I thought was a trend in the beauty industry, how I would market lip stainer, and questions regarding excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in November 2012.

It is a very detailed interview and hiring process for their internship program. You first are selected to do a first round of phone interviews and if you make it through that you are invited to the Taste of L'Oreal weekend, which is a weekend interview process where to do a case study as a team and then have a two on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question was my knowledge base of Excel and in detail questions about how to you it and utilize it.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at L'Oréal USA in February 2012.

had super weekend with various events (taste of l'oreal) including a group presentation on one of the brands and networking time; final stage was a 2:1 behavioural interview

a lot of it had to do with fit and ability to understand the l'oreal business model and the business models of their various brands

Interview Questions

Worked for L'Oréal USA? Contribute to the Community!