L&T Infotech

Updated Jan 20, 2015

3.1

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Aptitude test followed by a group discussion and 2 interviews- Technical and HR
Aptitude test was of average difficulty
Simple questions on C++ and JAVA. Some SQL questions.
Basic HR questions. Why this company? Location preferences.

Other Interview Reviews for L&T Infotech

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech in February 2014.

There can be five rounds of interview depends on the time.
    1st round - Aptitude - Contains both Maths and Verbal (Most Important)
    2nd round - Group Discussion
    3rd round - Essay Writing (Your essay will be evaluated in HR round)
    4th round - Technical (They will check your technical skills)
    5th round - HR

Interview Questions
    • I am always afraid of Group discussion. Usually all IT companies do not take GD round. But L & T infotech takes.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

1st Round:- Aptitude (Simple questions but have to solve within less time frame)
    2nd Round:- GD
    3rd round:- Paragraph writing (No elimination)
    4tha and 5th:- HR and Technical
    Simple and easy questions are asked and basically they want to know whether you can relocate or not.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I like watching movies, I said yes.
      Q: What was the last movie you watched.
      A: Told and also told that I didn't like it at all
      Q: You must have wasted your money then
      A: Downloaded it from torrent
      Q: What? You are Software Engg and you support piracy?
      A: Just a smiling face

Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at L&T Infotech.

The process took 2 days and consisted of the following rounds
    1. Online Aptitude Test - consisting of general aptitude and basic questions on C
    2. Group Discussion - on any general topic
    3. Technical & HR Interview - questions on your projects and other general stuff on programming languages

Interview Questions
    • for C/C++ programmers - questions on Data Structures
      for Java programmers - questions on Threads & Events

Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

It was an off campus pool drive,2 day process.
    The process comprised of an aptitude test which had 3 sections,the level of the test was easy(Rs aggarwal would suffice for this) but the key to clear the test was time management,it was a 60 minute test comprising of 60 questions,20 each in 3 sections of quant,logical and English and students who were able to attempt the whole test properly were able to clear the test.300-350 students were selected after the test from a large number of students about 2-3k.
    The next Step was a GD,i did not manage to get past this,it was my first GD and i didn't know much about the ways to conduct myself in the GD,even though i spoke the most and in a proper manner,still i got rejected because i did not know how to properly conduct myself in the GD but also i'd like to point out that the selection in the GD round depended a lot on the moderators,some allowed a bit of arguing and shouting(just a bit) and were not selecting candidates who did not spoke much while other moderators did not select such students and they selected students who throughout the GD might have spoken just once,so you have to judge what the moderator is looking for.
    The selected students were asked to fill in their details and information about their projects etc.The next day the interview took place,it was just one interview(technical and HR combined).One of my friend got selected.They were asking candidates about their projects and asking them to code a part of it also write a code for some program.

Interview Questions
    • There were questions in the aptitude test that were time consuming in each section,so it was important to identify and skip those questions and attempt them later on ,in order to complete the test in the given time appropriately   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech.

1 aptitude 2 gd 3 technical 4 hr
    clear all rounds to go to next round
    Easy test
    Easy gd
    average interview
    analytical, behavioral, brain teaser, business case, technical, algorithm, analytical, behavioral, brain teaser, business case, technical, algorithm

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

1. Online Aptitude Test - 60 questions 60 minutes. Sections- Quantitative, Reasoning and English. Sectional cut-off was there.
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Paragraph Writing - 10 minutes. Use simple and basic English. Not an elimination process
    4. Technical/HR interview - Based on the area of interest.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the reason for less aggregate percentage in B.Tech despite having above 90 in 10th and 12th.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Srīnagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech in September 2014.

Aptitude which includes quantitative mathematics,mathematical logic and verbal test(20 questions each),minimum of 12 questions should be correct in each section to clear the aptitude test,group discussion,paragraph writing,technical and hr interview.

Interview Questions
    • they will ask about the projects you have undertaken during college.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The hiring process consisted of five rounds:
    -Aptitude test consisting of three sections (Quantitative, Logical and Verbal), each having 20 questions. Total time was 60 minutes.
    -Group Discussion
    -Paragraph Writing (Non-elimination round)
    -Technical Interview
    -HR Interview

The aptitude test was rather easy and could be cleared easily. The only thing to keep in mind is the sectional cut-off and the time limitation. As the number of shortlisted students was large and time was short, the Technical and HR interview were merged together.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

The recruitment process was off-campus so students from multiple colleges participated. I got a call from my TPO only in the morning of the day on which the written test was scheduled and so I appeared for the written test in the last slot available.

Anyways the first round was a one hour written exam comprising of 60 questions. There were 3 sections in total covering Quants, Reasoning and English. The level was fairly easy and anybody could get through with 3-6 days of practice.

Second round was Group Discussion. Groups of 15 students each were formed. The topics given in the GD are contemporary so you need not worry much. Just make sure that you don't speak too much; give others a chance too. And also don't end up sitting all quiet during the process. Be moderate in quantity of speaking and focus on the quality and you'll get through this round with ease. The personnel taking the GD of our group was quite impressed from the overall performance of my group and so she selected 12 out of 15 candidates from my group. (including me... :D)

The third round was a Paragraph Writing round and this was a non- elimination round and the topic given was fairly easy again. The paragraph you write is only meant for a later evaluation during the HR interview so as to get a sneak into your thought process and your writing skills, of course.

The fourth round was Technical Interview and they asked questions mostly from the information you filled in the 5 page form they gave. The questions were from the subjects that I had mentioned in my resume, my training and project. The questions are just basics of what you mention in your resume and their form. Just fill in whatever you think you can answer if asked about and you'll end up doing fine. If you've done any kind of certifications then stress on them during the interview. Many people didn't get through this round though.

The final round was the HR interview and was the easiest of all rounds. It was more of a document verification than interview and I got to admit that the HR manager turned out to be a really cool person.. You just need to have a conversation with the interviewer and show that you are good at communication skills. They'll ask you questions like - are you willing to relocate wherever we send you and all questions of this sort. And at the end they'll tell you to ask a question from them and this is almost certain in every interview. Go prepared with a good question to ask them as your question portrays the level of enthusiasm you have your willingness to work with them.

Interview Questions
    You have no option of negotiating at all as a fresher.