L&T Infotech

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at L&T Infotech in September 2013.

Interview Details – the step by step procedure for recruitment was as follows :
1)aptitude test : sectional cut off involving quant logical n verbal sections
2)group discussion : a group of 8-10 students 5-6 on an average from a group were selected
3)essay writing : simple essay writing on a given topic
4)technical interview : a tough one
5)hr interview : general questions about yourself

Interview Question – some tough technical questions were asked followed by some puzzles too..   Answer Question

Indore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very difficult.It was a open campus they had their written by 12:30 in night then i gave my GD in night at 03:00 then after they told us to go home and come early at 10:00 am as i reached the venue they again took my interview at night 08:30 which was very cumbersome and tiring.How can they expect somebody to give their interview properly.

Interview Question – One of their interviewer was asking only simple questions like if your employees refuse to work what will you do to make them work and other one was asking hardcore questions so it was a useless drive.   Answer Question

Coimbatore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech in October 2013.

Interview Details – They had some plethora of rounds . Icleared the written round as well the group discussion on first day.The very next day i had to face technical interview where i faced a series of questions from various domains like programmings,Software Engineering,OS and Database.After that had to write an essay to check your writing skills and finally was the general HR which was easy.

Interview Question – General HR stressed me on Moral Grounds and i was reluctant to accept his view   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Interview Details – 1. Pre Placement Talk (PPT)
2. Aptitude Round - Questions from Maths, English and Logical Reasoning
3. Group Discussion (GD) Round
4. Paragraph Writing Round
5. Technical Interview
6. HR Interview

The process was started with as many as 3000+ students participating from 40+ colleges in the region. Then after Aptitude only 300 were left. Then after GD round the number came down to 200. The paragraph writing round wasn't an elimination round though it was an important part as its marks was included in whole application processing. Then After Technical only 120 were left. And the last stage was HR after which 93 were selected for the elite job of a lifetime.

Interview Question – How to add two numbers in a code without using arithmetic operators?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It is a great opportunity to have such and offer in life. L&T Infotech is indeed one of the best firm to work for and give your best.

Pune (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech in March 2014.

Interview Details – 4 rounds written, GD , paragraph writing and 2 interviews technical and HR.

Interview Question – The interview was easy. Nothing tough, as I am technically sound. No difficulties whatsoever, just be what you are, don't try to be oversmart.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineering Trainee
Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at L&T Infotech in December 2013.

Interview Details – I appeared in L&T Infotech at a centralized campus recruitment drive in Dec. '13. To start with the number of students were around 1200 and the whole campus was packed. The drive lasted for 2 days. The presentation was given first by the HR and after that the process started. It consisted of 5 rounds:

1) Online Aptitude Test: It contained 3 sections- Quant, LR and Verbal. Plz note that sectional cut-off is there!! many of my friends werent able to get through because they couldnt manage the time. the difficulty of the questions was average and can be cleared. Also this is the round where most of the rejections are made. From the 1200 only around 150 cleared this round.

2) Group Discussion: Here basically your communication and level of thinking is assessed. The topics are quite simple, not too abstract. Make sure you participate in the discussion and also maintain decorum while doing so. From groups of 10, they were selecting around 6-7 students each.

3) Paragraph Writing: This is not an elimination round but has a huge significance in the HR round. Here any topic is provided and within 10 minutes we have to write a short essay. It is to basically assess your writing skills

4) Technical Round: Questions asked in this round are mainly on the certifications you have done. Make sure you brush up your skills regarding the same. The level of questions is average again with more focus on logic. I wasnt asked to write any code but was asked questions on C++ File Handling, String Handling, CSS, HTML and Software Engg. Out of every 5, 1-2 were rejected in this round.

5) HR Round: More of a final formality to the drive. Questions were asked about yourself, family, your thinking and also the paragraph writing. Answer calmly and most importantly dont mess it up. One of my friends messed up the interview by being overly candid with the HR and that cost him the job. Be prepared for a few puzzles also.

I managed to clear all the rounds and got the result after 1 week. Not that hard to crack this interview but yeah the competition was tough.

Best of luck to all the readers!

Interview Question – Puzzle in the Interview round   Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Graduate Engineering Trainee

Interview Details – Pool Campus Recruitment Drive consisting of Aptitude Test, Group Discussion , Paragraph Writing and Interviewa

Interview Question – Technical Questions   Answer Question

Coimbatore (India)

Interview Details – 5 rounds

Interview Question – They try to see if u r genuinely interested for the job.   View Answer

Chennai (India)

Interview Details – After the ppt , we were directed to take up the online test. 3 sections 90 marks. no negative marks. my advice is finish verbal ability first. After online assessments, it was gd. Topics were easy to speak. Mine was "Tv reality shows for children". After clearing it, was tech.interview. Be thorough in concepts.Finally,personal interview.. basic questions.. Easy to crack.

Interview Question – Why didn't u get selected in previous campus placements?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its a good choice for freshers. Do accept the offer and experience.

Interview Details – First we had PPT (pre placement talks), then
1. Online Apps - 90 qns 90 mins - 3 sections (quants,reasoning,verbal) last 2 were easy for me
2. Group discussion - general topics.. speak boldly.. 4-5 points
3. Technical round - basic questions of c/c++ , and from your projects
4. Essay writing - general topic again.. no eliminations
5. HR round - basic HR qns.. like about yourself, y arrears .. etc..

Interview Question – please explain about Big data..? this I personally felt difficult coz I had no idea what it is..   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at L&T Infotech

Worked for L&T Infotech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at L&T Infotech Graduate Engineer Trainee interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by L&T Infotech employees and interview candidates.