L&T Infotech Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Software Engineer/Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nāgpur, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at L&T Infotech in September 2014.

Interview process consisted of Aptittude Test, GD, Technical interview and HR interview. Aptitude test was easy to crack and my topic for GD was also interesting. Personnels taking Technical and HR interview were very kind and easy going.

SAP FICO Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at L&T Infotech in March 2015.

Written Test, Group Discussion, Technical Interview to check Domain Knowledge, HR Interview.

Written Test was very simple basically of logical and reasoning. And the worst part of which they didn't informed before calling for interview 3 years bond and bank guarantee for 3 years of Rs. 3 Lac, Group Discussion was average. Technical Round was worse wherein employer was more focus for book knowledge rather than practical experience of SAP.

Interview Questions
    • Journal Entries. What will be the last entry in P& L , Accounting Service Tax entry   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at L&T Infotech in January 2011.

I joined this company as a fresher.There were four rounds 1.Aptitude 2. GD 3.Technical 4. HR.

Aptitude was tough other than that all other rounds were easy. Communication skill should be good because in GD you will be given a topic and you have to speak very fluently.

SAP Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at L&T Infotech in February 2015.

1. E-mail from HR, confirming your appointment. 2. Aptitude Test(Logical Reasoning) 3. GD 4. Interview - General to identify if you will fit company for the long term. 5. Second Interview : Detail drill-down on your past experience and to identify if you fit the role.

Microstrategy Senior Developer & Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at L&T Infotech in February 2015.

I got a call from Consultancy who arranged for an interview. First they conducted a telephonic technical interview which I cleared. Then there was a face to face with HR and BI head. The HR people took almost eternity to respond. Finally what they offered me was way below what I had quoted. In fact, around 25-30 % lower than my expectations. I rejected the offer. Very bad HR, no transparency. I would not recommend anyone and would never ever join this kind of company.

Interview Questions
    • Technical round had some decent questions about the tool & Face to face interview was a decent experience with mix of questions. Some about tool and few like why our company and so on..   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at L&T Infotech.

The interview consisted of the following rounds:
    1. Online Aptitude Test - Questions on linear equations, speed & distance, time & work, averages; logical reasoning; questions related to C programming, OS, DBMS
    2. Group Discussion - A group of 10 people had to participate in the group discussion on the given topic. The topic was general and related to our day-to-day lives.
    3. Paragraph writing - It was just to check if u r proficient in writing in english.
    4. TR + HR - Intense discussion on projects, data structures and algorithms. HR revolved around the paragraph we had written in the previous round.

Interview Questions
    • A thorough understanding of ur projects is required to clear the interview.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at L&T Infotech in January 2015.

The scheduled interview call never happened. The interview was scheduled for 9 AM IST (Indian Standard Time), which is 9:30 PM Central Standard time since I am based in Texas. After not getting any call till 10 pm, I called the recruiter who arranged the interview and asked her what went wrong. She told me she will reschedule the interview for later date and email me about it. But its been over a month now, I haven't received any reply to my emails nor is she answering any of my calls. This is highly unprofessional behavior. If the position is canceled or filled it is the recruiters responsibility to let candidates know about it. One line email will suffice. This is classic example of third world unprofessional behavior!

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Went through the campus drive procedure,The entire procedure took 2 days.Nice management that other hotshot companies like TCS .Everyone in the panel was very friendly and nice to interact with,
    Aptitude round was followed by essay writting, group discussions,tech round and finally an HR round.

Interview Questions
    • questions were based on data structures and database.
      questions were less tech..but based on conditions.
      They gave me situations and asked me that how wud i tackle and handle those situation.
      they stressed on communication and interaction which i was very good at.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at L&T Infotech in August 2011.

Scheduled walk in interview process
    multiple interview panel available
    different interview sections with different panel for the multiple technologies
    First round conducted, after completion of first round HR will update for the second round.
    Second round was conducted by Seniors followed by HR discussion

Interview Questions
    • Asked for the Software Testing, STLC, SDLC, Test Plan, Defect Tracking etc...   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at L&T Infotech.

Nearly 2000 students from my group of institutes applied.
    There were four rounds:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Group Discussion
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview

1. Aptitude Test: 55 Questions and 3 sections. 55 mins was the allotted time. Aptitude test was on English, Logic and Quants. Easy enough to crack. Problems on Sets in Quants were a major chunk.
    Sectional Cutoff was observed.

2. Group Discussion: There were 14-15 students in a group. The Invigilator would select a topic at random and the one that pops in her head at that moment. Speak up and try to maintain a single side. The best is not to go for Introduction of the GD Topic as there are lot of people around you that are ready to make fool of themselves or trying to shine. And trust me I have seen majority making the fool. If you are confident enough to kickstart it then go ahead because it will reduce the count of people going through it you don't get the intro right. From my batch 5 were selected.

3. Technical Interview: You need to Introduce yourself to the Interviewer and please prepare for the question 'Why only XYZ branch?' If you are from a core stream, you might as well prepare for the question 'Why an IT company and not one from the core?' The Interviewer goes through a form which you would have filled in the earlier rounds of the drive and be thorough with what you have written. Don't go to the T.I. and lie to the face of the interviewer. If you don't know about the question asked, admit it and humbly say that you don't know the answer. Explain your project in detail. You have the upper hand there. Basic programming questions and puzzles are asked. Keep him interested, that is the cue. out of 2000, approximately 150 got selected for HR round.

4. HR Interview: Again, be thorough with your resume, as they are going to dig deep in it. Keep a strong reason ready and i mean convincing too. Basic questions would be asked and try to be straightforward with the answers. The Interviewer might twist the questions from 'Tell me about your strengths' to 'What qualities do you bring to the team?' from 'Tell me your weaknesses' to 'Tell me about your areas of improvement'. Questions about your compatability with the job profile and relocation are asked. Your intent about higher education is also checked for. HR interviews are thoroughly scrutinized and accounted.

116 out of 2000 were selected for the job.
    Best of Luck!